Can I afford NOT to take slicing?

RobGFour

I leveled a Sniper up to 18 or so and was constantly running slicing missions. It seemed like I was making pretty good money.

Now I am working on a Commando, but want to try three complimentary skills and not include slicing as a sole way to make money.

So I have two questions:

1. With slicing being so popular for the easy credits, by NOT taking slicing am I going to be too poor later on to afford stuff on the inflated GTN?

2. Are mats & finished items selling at all on the GTN, in order to make cash to make up for what I would have made slicing? (I'm considering Bio/Bio/Diplo)

I leveled a Sniper up to 18 or so and was constantly running slicing missions. It seemed like I was making pretty good money.

Now I am working on a Commando, but want to try three complimentary skills and not include slicing as a sole way to make money.

So I have two questions:

1. With slicing being so popular for the easy credits, by NOT taking slicing am I going to be too poor later on to afford stuff on the inflated GTN?

2. Are mats & finished items selling at all on the GTN, in order to make cash to make up for what I would have made slicing? (I'm considering Bio/Bio/Diplo)

You might not want to spend your credits on the fly.

If you save your stuff you probably won't have problems affording anything.

I'm currently 41 and could afford both Speeder skills, trainers and crafting skills as soon as available.

Given, it was always really freaking close. And I never spent them on anything big, and never bought from that one 'Specialties Vendor' that's on each planet.

Edited by Filo

Yes. You are passing up ~25k credits an hour at 50 by not leveling slicing. Actually that's a bit on the low side. Every level 50 I know has 400 slicing.

I had trouble selling low-level Scavenging and Bioanalysis mats for anything like what I'd consider a reasonable price. The blue and purple Underworld Trading mats I got (it was a mistake to level UT, I had a weird strategy in mind that didn't work out) sit on the GTN day after day and no one buys them. I am listing them for the suggested price and I don't see anyone undercutting me, so I assume there just isn't much demand.

Yes. You are passing up ~25k credits an hour at 50 by not leveling slicing. Actually that's a bit on the low side. Every level 50 I know has 400 slicing.

You are telling me with 2-3 missions per hour you get 1.7-2.5k profit from each mission with 5 companions ? I can't find enough rich/bountiful lockbox missions for 3 companions ... 5 I would have to do moderate and abundant which are even less profitable and sometimes yield less than they cost ... those 25k credits, itn't it actually +-10k ?

Not saying that 10k is small amount of credits ... it definitelly helps with buying inventory space and bank space, but it's not 25k.

Edited by Repefe

And the game is only 5 days old and nobody really knows what's good and what's ok and what's horrible when it comes to items. There will be some crafting professions that will always offer a bit more when it comes to money but I'm betting that every profession will be able to make as much money as they want by selling the right items.