Nobody likes you, go away

Aryalandi

Ok, so I have been working through the storyline for Knights of the fallen empire and building up the alliance, I got most of the available contacts and raised their affection/influence to no less than level 10 each. Also I have gone out of my way to be agreeable to as many people as possible within the limits of my mostly light unless someone deserves it warrior and yet outside of missions the target/click dialog for companions standing around base is pretty much as fallows

"Busy at the moment."

"We have nothing to discuss."

"Shouldn't we be doing something? Anything!"

"I'm not programmed for entertainment."

"I'm still here. I haven't gone anywhere." (though it sounded like you really want to very badly, thanks for sounding like a sarlacc pit would be preferable)

Does this change with higher influence levels if it is positive or do characters just want nothing to do with you outside of missions from 1-50 influence? Because I think irl the combination of all those dismissals would have me saying.. "Ooookay, I will just be leaving now, good luck with your alliance!"

Edited by Aryalandi

Our companions have always had standard responses to being poked. The new guys all do too but their repertoire seems limited. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of conversations anymore. Very little in the way of reactions when we enter a new zone or anything like that. Any conversations we have now come from the story. It's a cheaper way to do it I suppose. A considerable proportion of the player base probably played with the sound down/off or space bared through any conversations that they decided it wasn't worth spending the money on except where it added weight to the story. Edited by Rantank

Your companies do not change dialog based on influence.

HOWEVER. Your advisors do.

The random snippets you hear as you sail past NPCs plonked all over your base noticeably get happier as advisor influence levels rise.

Remember your choices matter - except the one where you leave the alliance and tell 'em to get screwed, and go live in the Jundland Wastes on Tattoine- with Twi'leks of all colours and let Arcann and Vaylin come find you and duke it one one-on-one for the "god-king-emperor-of-all-the-as-yet-known-galaxy-until-we-add-another-bit-as-yet-unknown" title.

" Bring 'em on, I'd prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around."

-But the companions we recruited aren't exactly fired up and ready for a fight, despite saving them from certain death in ambushes, and rescuing them from miserable exiistances in breaktown and the rest.

Ungrateful $£^%&^$ers

Edited by Storm-Cutter

To be fair though, a lot of previous companion chatter went unheard as you had to be dismounted to hear it. A lot of players probably didn't even know there were companion trigger points present as they sailed over them on their speeders. Plus you didn't get to hear the versions of the banter from the companions you didn't have out at the time. Unless you wanted to cycle through your companions, one after the other while running backwards and forwards over the conversation trigger. This new system the companion you have out still speaks to you whether you're mounted or not and the choice of which companion is present is made for you, so BW don't waste resources on chatter very few will ever hear.

There are no private conversations in KOTFE except for the ones that lock in the romance. Other than that, forget about it. BW writers need to go back to school because though it was an okay story, they could have done so much better with KOTFE.

^^ this.

- I know it's subjective, but I've read far better stories posted on the Community Content/fan fiction/ pages of these forums.

I do wish there were more friendlier lines comps said around the base.

Though some do sound happier to see you, like 4X and Pierce as they lurk outside the base. But comp lines spoken on a click seem to bet eh ones based on if you click them while out travelling with them instead of just at home base, like the regular classic comps were around the ship.

I swear Jorgan told my trooper ("Back in the day" Original Game) "There have got to be better ways to waste our time, sir." even on the ship.

Keep talking to SCORPIO... it seems that the only thing she is obsessed with is getting rid of you :o

By the way on the shuttle to a Star Fortress, keep talking to Theron. A few good lines there.

Edited by demotivator