Companion Questions

Kalli

For the original companions:

Since ch 14 has just been released we can see how many of our original companions are still left out there somewhere waiting to be discovered. Now I know from the latest dev stream that Guss will be back in ch 15, but what about the rest of them? I don't want to call them back with the terminal since I like to see story wise where they come back on their own, however, it is getting close to the end and I'm starting to wonder if they will all be returned to us or not?

After starting KOTFE:

So now that we have a ton of companions, especially if you do all of the alerts, why are we still held to only being able to send out 6 for crew runs? Why aren't we allowed to send 10 or even 15 of our companions out to do missions/craft rather than just being stuck with only 6 doing it while the other at least 10 or so seem to just be sitting around doing nothing else?

Part One: It would fit the pattern that we should regain everyone either in chapters or alerts ... soon

Part Two: It was only recently that they upped the limit for comps to be off doing stuff to 6, like within the last year or so. And farming everyone up to 50 for maximum crew skill effectiveness would either take a while or get expensive very fast for players. The limit was set at six before KotFE was released when there were only eight total comps per character (5 class unique comps, ship droid, Treek, HK), so there's always one available to be out in the field with you, and then not everyone had the eighth because she costs money or a ton of credits, or not everyone wanted her, making the game have six companions by default (the number of how many companions could be sent out at max), the seventh with a recruitment quest, and the eighth as purchasable.