Dedication, or Trolling?

Asacledhae

Something really crazy happened to me today...

I ran into someone on Belsavis, standing on an imperial base in the Rattataki battlegrounds... I didn't pay too much attention, and moved on to complete my mission. To my surprise, the dude started healing the mobs I was attacking, leading to an endless fight for a while. When I realized what was going on, I asked him about what he was doing, and I got a "This is my base, go away" message...

Apparently the guy was in IC mode... When I explained to him that i wasn't RPlaying at the moment, and was simply trying to do my class mission, I got a "But it's my base, and you're killing my army" as a reply, and told me to leave again. I then told him that IC wise I wasn't there, so the fights never take place, and went in, using my mediocre camouflage (if you call that Sentinel's skill camouflage, that is!). When I got to the elite guarding the glowie, he showed up started healing him again, and never left, despite my warnings to leave me alone... Eventually after a few deaths (a patroller was always killing Doc), I managed to actually get the mission out of my way with a fast kill, as he obviously thought that I left for a medbay... It was indeed pure luck, as he re-appeared about three seconds later!

So I'm wondering if that's pure IC dedication from his part, lack of understanding of the difference between IC and OOC, or was simply trolling me cause I didn't allow him to play god and tell me how to play my game... I can understand such an action if I was In character and was actually trying to invade his base, but that was plain ridiculous!

It just makes you wonder on what the Imperials feed their Operatives with... :sul_confused:

Thoughts?

Edited by Asacledhae