Glitches with my Expansions.

ZeroZap

I just Subscribed about 24 hours ago, and I wanted to try out the next expansion on my account, but when I tried making a new character, I didn't have the option to pick an expansion as I expected. I only had access to the basic game. What should I do?

:mad:

Do we still get the option to create one "boosted" character with a subscription? Have you created any characters yet? Have you already created a boosted character? I think you can only do one of those free. I know this seems counter-intuitive (since you are posting on these forums, the forums, at least, think you are a subscriber), but when you look at your account page on this site, does it state you are a current subscriber?

I just Subscribed about 24 hours ago, and I wanted to try out the next expansion on my account, but when I tried making a new character, I didn't have the option to pick an expansion as I expected. I only had access to the basic game. What should I do?

Subscribing doesn't automatically send your character to the latest content. You still need to level from 1 to 70 before you can get to Onslaught.

The good news is that you can do that pretty qucikly. If you want to experience your class story normally (if this is your first time, I would recommend it because the class stories are awesome), just run the purple quests on the planets.

If you really want to get to Onslaught as fast as possible, run your class stories while also queueing in group finder for flashpoints.

Normally, you'll get to 70 in a week or two depending on how much you play. If you do it the fast way, you can probably get to level 70 in 3 or 4 days. If you play on Satele Shan and want to join a guild for faster leveling, let me know and i can invite you.

If you don't have the option to create a "boosted" character on your character select screen, you could spend 2000 Cartel Coins and buy a Commander's Character Token from the Cartel Market. Use that, and you will be able to create one "boosted" character, with the option of starting at level 70 so you can jump straight in to the Onslaught story.

If you only recently subscribed, you won't have that many "free" coins, so your only option to get that many coins without waiting for months for the "free" ones to pile up, would be to buy them from the "store" here.

You also might be able to buy the token for credits, off the GTN, but as I'm typing this, the cheapest ones available on the Satele Shan server are priced at about 72 million credits. So probably not an option for a new or recent subscriber. Of course, the prices likely will be different on other servers, and may go up (or down) in the next hour, day, week, ...

You *could* just play from level 1 and sashay into the expansion content when you get far enough. This is not like some games where the expansion content is a different branch or even a different story.