The "this class is OP" Thread

Sirolos

I know someone is gonna do it so I may as well start it off..

Most post will look like this

" I played WoW for 5 years and was a season 5 vet I know all about game balance and <X> class is OP because it killed me, no other class could do it, and did i mention i am awesome..nerf this class please"

Some people want to be a little more subtle...this one if for you

"I havent encountered any other class in this game that can do what the <insert class here> can do, i mean they have everything like <insert reasons that have no correlation to actuality or common sense, or only work in the perfect conditions in a game where everyone but this class is a monkey> I mean look at my class it doesnt have nearly everything the <insert class here> has..I think you guys should either nerf <class X> or buff my class."

Finally their are the people that are just Ill informed, and just want whatever killed them nerfed..no matter if it was their own fault..they will also want to be as vague as possible..this template is for you

"<insert class name here> just killed me, it topped the damage charts and pretty much was invincible..you need to nerf it."

More from this guy..:D

There is also this:

"I plan to play <insert class-A here> at live but was wondering about <insert class-B here>. So I rolled <insert class-B here> during the betas and oh my.. <insert class-B here> is literally OP. It can <insert best heal/dps/tank or all together here> and it requires 0 skill. I won't roll <insert class-B here> on live but <insert class-B here> needs to be balanced IMO."

And this:

"I was playing <insert class-A here> while my <insert wife/friend/guildie here> was playing <insert class-B here>. We started playing together and we played during the same hours. After 2 days, he was <insert some big number of levels here> ahead of me and I was keep dieing on normal quests while he was soloing 2+heroics. I believe the game balance should be rechecked on PvE-wise."

And this:

"Everyone is playing <insert class-A here>, so it must be OP. Please balance the class."

And this:

"Noone wants to play <insert class-A here>, it's because it's not balanced. Please fix <insert number of skills here> ASAP for game balance."

... and so on.

Now all you need to do is pick the one that fits your nerfherding needs.

Your Welcome..

P.S.

If you dont know what satire or sarcasm is you need to retire from the interwebs and go to your local library, then beat yourself with books until you see a white light...when you see the white light run at it like 5 0 is chasing you.

Edited by Sirolos

There is also this:

"I plan to play <insert class-A here> at live but was wondering about <insert class-B here>. So I rolled <insert class-B here> during the betas and oh my.. <insert class-B here> is literally OP. It can <insert best heal/dps/tank or all together here> and it requires 0 skill. I won't roll <insert class-B here> on live but <insert class-B here> needs to be balanced IMO."

And this:

"I was playing <insert class-A here> while my <insert wife/friend/guildie here> was playing <insert class-B here>. We started playing together and we played during the same hours. After 2 days, he was <insert some big number of levels here> ahead of me and I was keep dieing on normal quests while he was soloing 2+heroics. I believe the game balance should be rechecked on PvE-wise."

And this:

"Everyone is playing <insert class-A here>, so it must be OP. Please balance the class."

And this:

"Noone wants to play <insert class-A here>, it's because it's not balanced. Please fix <insert number of skills here> ASAP for game balance."

... and so on.

The peeps that actually writes like that should be banned from the forums....

Only those that are employed by bio ware should have the privilege to say what needs to be done. ( for class balancing)

Employ more trustworthy gamers for the feedbacks.

Edited by Krondorf

There is also this:

And this:

And this:

And this:

... and so on.

Epic list..may i add this to the OP? :D

Could go one of two ways.

A) People start whinning about the Glowstick Brigade & how everyone is playing them, balanced needs to be worked on, etcetera, blah, blah, blah. Sith Inquisitor will be the primary nominee then.

B) Glowstick Brigade ends up largely played by the inexperienced players, who in turn get crushed by more advanced players who actually understand game mechanics & strategy. Imperial Agent is probably going to be the class of choice there to single out as overpowered.

I'm looking forward to the "I'm a super leet multi glad player from wow, and I keep getting stomped by noobs running this one class, I cant possibly be beaten by anything other than imbalance, so class fix NAO or I will unsubscribe forever and bash this game to all my friends, then you will go bankrupt cause i have over 1 million people who all watch my super leet pvp vids" thread

Could go one of two ways.

A) People start whinning about the Glowstick Brigade & how everyone is playing them, balanced needs to be worked on, etcetera, blah, blah, blah. Sith Inquisitor will be the primary nominee then.

B) Glowstick Brigade ends up largely played by the inexperienced players, who in turn get crushed by more advanced players who actually understand game mechanics & strategy. Imperial Agent is probably going to be the class of choice there to single out as overpowered.

or they'll have the subtle approach of calling classes OP ..well like the above poster has.

8/10 for being very subtle.

Edit: Yay my smilie flash light works again w00t.

P.S. Nerf Lightsabers. They are OP.

Edited by Callmenads

Dear BioWare:

I came running over from EvE Online expecting to be able to bring in my <insert ship> to SWTOR if I paid you all enough credits. Then you tell me NO, you must start from the beginning - that Titans and SuperCarriers are still OP and no DEATHSTAR for jooo!

Now I'm upset and I shall emorage on the formez until my pleas are heard and I get to be OP in both games....

Sincerely,

Pandemic Legion

(a :cool: goes out to the Legion and apologies to all of you who've never tried EvE)

Haha! OP, this thread is genius!

Whats funnier for me is I clicked on the PVP forum link purely to look for threads with the title "**** NERF X PLIZZXX!!!11!!eleven"

I wanted to see how far my faith in humanity was going to nose dive on the first day of early access.

This put a big smile on my face.

I think you've left out the obvious choice candidate for "nerf" threads though. What I like to call the "horrendous exaggerations and zero reality" case studies.

E.G;

"Today, I was playing on my <Class that is perfectly balanced, and is by sheer happy coincidence the poster's main class or "A"> when all of a sudden, OUT OF NOWHERE, this <Class that is clearly and obviously superior, bearing no relationship to the fact that the the player was the winner of following encounter "B"> came along and LITERALLY killed me in UNDER A SECOND!!!!one!1.

<Class B> Clearly doesnt take any skill to play, because (and here come the rest of the exaggerations, see if you can spot them) I managed to level them to max level in under 7 minutes using no gear other than a <Insert starter weapon> and a vanity pet!

In PVP they don't need any skill at all to play!!11!!!oneandanotherone! I have actually grown a garden vegetable and made it play <Class B> and it managed to <Face Roll/Pwn/Own/Roflstomp/Destroy - Delete as applicable> everyone! even people who are 25 levels higher and have achieved accolades in their home countries for military tactical genius, without even trying! Their Kill/Death ratio was higher than <Insert global conflict of choice>!!!!

So thats why <Class B> needs to be nerfed <Insert game development company name>!!!

(The ultimatum)

If you don't nerf <Class B> <Game development company> me and all my 79.4 accounts and all my <cough> friends will stop playing as soon as my remaining 11 months expires on my annual subscription! AND I WILL NEVER COME BACK."

- Conclusion: I know these posters can be subtle and their exaggerations are notoriously difficult to spot (with your eye's closed). But be vigilant! they are always around!

P.S - Oops! sorry for wall of text. OP - gj!