Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightning and Madness Sorcerer/Telekinetics and Balance Sage Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Lightning and Madness Sorcerer/Telekinetics and Balance Sage Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

g_land
07.13.2015 , 02:31 PM | #11
If they took the 2 and four piece for 186 and incorporated it into the 192 6 piece that would be preferable. Make the alacrity boost proc from weaken mind the 6 piece with a 25 second rate limit, make the current 6 piece be the 4 piece and take 15 seconds off mental alacrity for the 2 piece that would probably be a better balanced combination.

Though you could lose the second off force potency mechanic and keep the 15 sec cd reduction on mental alacrity as the 4 piece. 2 piece would probably just need to be cost reduction of the spam abilities.

TACeMossie
07.13.2015 , 02:47 PM | #12
Step 1. Make old 186 4-piece set bonus baseline for all DPS sages @56 and share a lockout with the old bonus. This prevents people having to go back and grab it, and prevents a massive power boost from the bonus.

Step 2: Alter 6-piece to be an auto-crit proc like the rest of the set bonus's. Its current state literally does nothing for balance/madness

Problem solved
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

Culhaven
07.13.2015 , 02:52 PM | #13
I play a Balance Sage, mostly pvp. I never liked the 6-piece bonus, as I don't seem to use Disturbance often enough for it to make any difference.

I would rather see if driven off of FiB or Force Serenity.

pooks
07.13.2015 , 03:02 PM | #14
[*]6-Piece: Lightning Strike and Lightning Bolt or Disturbance and Telekinetic Burst reduce the cooldown of Recklessness or Force Potency by 1 second.

For all the hell it took to get through Underlurker in pug groups and to actually, finally win a set piece item to get a six piece set - 1 second off of recklessness? Really? Why even bother - totally worthless for all the work it entailed.
I play dps Sorc Madness on the character that has this and don't notice any difference with the 6 piece versus the 4 piece.

I have another Madness sorc and am not bothering with getting the other 2 pieces for the 6 piece set.

minitus
07.13.2015 , 03:11 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Step 1. Make old 186 4-piece set bonus baseline for all DPS sages @56 and share a lockout with the old bonus. This prevents people having to go back and grab it, and prevents a massive power boost from the bonus.

Step 2: Alter 6-piece to be an auto-crit proc like the rest of the set bonus's. Its current state literally does nothing for balance/madness

Problem solved
this is by far the best idea i cant do anything usefull with the new 6 piece bonus and also needing the old 4piece :/

royhenderson
07.13.2015 , 03:12 PM | #16
I like the set bonus for the sage. I would only suggest to add/change to help mind crush. Make it so that it is instantly activated after using 3 or 4 consecutive telekinetic bursts. That way it doesn't have to be channeled all the time.

I chose TK burst because we have to use it alot

DarthCognusSion
07.13.2015 , 03:32 PM | #17
I think the main problem right now with the Sorcerer/Sage 6-piece is that it only helps one of the dps disciplines and marginally at that. I have played a lightning Sorcerer since launch, and I thoroughly love the spec, and although madness can be fun at times, it really isn't viable for HM ops right now. A 6-piece that would help both madness and lightning is the old 4-piece set. Both disciplines use affliction in their rotations, and both would benefit much more from a 5% alacrity proc then from a small cd reduction to recklessness. That being said i like the current 2-piece and 4-piece. I think leaving them as is and changing the current 6-piece to the old 4-piece would give this class some needed love.

DarthVengeant
07.13.2015 , 03:39 PM | #18
"6-Piece: Lightning Strike and Lightning Bolt or Disturbance and Telekinetic Burst reduce the cooldown of Recklessness or Force Potency by 1 second."

That 6 set piece is utterly and completely pointless to even worry about. Honestly, the day that came out I nearly laughed at how ridiculous that is. One second quicker ( for something I NEVER use as dps) is not worth the dps loss you can have by having the three 198 armorings instead. I use the four piece set and get three 198 armoring's. If you want me to ever worry about 6 set piece for TC/Lightning you are really going to have to make the 6 really worth it, right now it is a joke.

royhenderson
07.13.2015 , 03:54 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
"6-Piece: Lightning Strike and Lightning Bolt or Disturbance and Telekinetic Burst reduce the cooldown of Recklessness or Force Potency by 1 second."

That 6 set piece is utterly and completely pointless to even worry about. Honestly, the day that came out I nearly laughed at how ridiculous that is. One second quicker ( for something I NEVER use as dps) is not worth the dps loss you can have by having the three 198 armorings instead. I use the four piece set and get three 198 armoring's. If you want me to ever worry about 6 set piece for TC/Lightning you are really going to have to make the 6 really worth it, right now it is a joke.
more than 30 percent of the rotation is TK burst. How do you NOT use it.

xX-Archangel-Xx
07.13.2015 , 04:01 PM | #20
thank you eric for posting it for us, i have the idea, is not the set bonus the problem, are the specs, madness and lifgtning, both are nothing special. In pvp madness is good but light is garbage , in pve is the contary, we need to focus on spec changes imho
< Bioware plz Nerf Mercs > Guild
TRE server
Game is balanced http://prntscr.com/962p0t /// http://prntscr.com/962mjr