Upcoming Cartel Market Sale

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

People have been asking, so here are some specifics about an upcoming multi-week sale! The current plan is for the sale to run from September 9th to October 21st. Each week, new things will be added. The article tied to this will be published September 9th, and will showcase this format:

Week 1: Character Transfers and Character Slots

Week 2: ?????????

Week 3: ?????????

Week 4: ?????????

Week 5: ?????????

Week 6: ?????????

Once new items go on sale, the article and thread tied to it will both be updated that day. For example, once the second week starts on September 16th, that second row will be revealed, and the forum thread tied to that article will get updated. Anything that went on sale in previous week, will remain on sale until October 21st. Meaning, Character Transfers and Slots will be on sale from September 9th to October 21st, everything from "Week 2" would be on sale from September 16th to October 21st and so on. Since this is a different style of sale compared to what we've done previously, if you have any questions about this (aside from asking what else will go on sale, let's not ruin the surprise), please let me know.

Character transfers and character slots are a good start for the sales. I think character, legacy, guild, and ship renames would also be something worth announcing since these are likely the big ticket items people are hoping to go on sale. I think if these or any other important items are going to be available beginning on a given week, people should be made aware ahead of time. This can prevent the multiple tickets of people asking for the discounted price if they bought it the previous week before the item goes on sale I'd imagine. This also leaves other items as a surprise, giving people a reason to check back weekly as this post gives reason to believe other items will be going on sale. Having these sales remain until the expansion is also a great move.

Character unlocks, if not on sale, I think should be discounted and given a new price permanently due to the massive amount of coins required for the unlocks; ie: Artifact Equipment Authorization (Account), among others. The reintroduction of weekly passes (ops likely being the only major seller), along with PvP, and Flashpoints are also something the playerbase has expressed interest in seeing a return of.

I look forward to the long awaited sales!

If it is also possible, maybe bring back each shipment of cartel market packs in chronological order each week? Since there are 10 shipments, maybe shipments one and two could have their respective packs reintroduced the first week, three and four the second, and etc. I's be most interested in buying one of each pack for nostalgic purposes.

after all the bad feedback on the PTS about the new gear changes, BIOWARE is trying to appease us with a cartel market sale. lmao and people will fall for it. some will even come in here attacking me and white knighting like usual

In all fairness, we did ask for this and it's very much welcome with how inflated the market prices are and how few are in circulation which compounds the problem.

In all fairness, we did ask for this and it's very much welcome with how inflated the market prices are and how few are in circulation which compounds the problem.

Yeah, I doubt this has any connection to the PTS feedback. They've probably been planning to do a sale of some kind since 6.0 was slated. Just a question of what and the timing.

after all the bad feedback on the PTS about the new gear changes, BIOWARE is trying to appease us with a cartel market sale. lmao and people will fall for it. some will even come in here attacking me and white knighting like usual

I'm not falling for anything. So a company recognizes it screwed up, that its customers are disappointed by a delay, and offers recompense. This isn't exactly a novel strategy.

Would you prefer they did nothing?

So, yeah, I'm disagreeing with you. And by subscribing you by definition are "falling" for it too.

<<OH NOEZ!!! Lt. Snake is going to call me a White Knight Oh my starz and moons! :eek:>>

/Alderaanian Nectar off a Hutt's back <<which my stubby arms can't reach anyways; can someone give me a back massage?>> :rak_03:

Oh wait...let me quote a sage Jedi (or Sith) on this matter:

agreed. even though i will be disappointed if they miss the September window because i'm starving for new content. but like you said, the extra time to fix w/e cause the delay would be better and ideal for everyone overall experience on launch day :D

Dang, when I'm good -- no wait, I'm great. <<sips martini>>

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

This may not have Ever been mentioned before but with a sale on items it would be nice for a 10% bonus to the CC itself. it has been a long time we have gotten the bonus CC like we did when there was actual CC Cards available like if you buy 2500CC you get an extra 500CC I know its a pipe dream but just saying it would be a nice thing!

In regards to the much needed character transfer sale or any sale for that matter thanks Bioware!

Ok, you read WAY too much on these forums and remember WAY too much than what is normal. Go outside door now!

If you thought for one Hutt second I was going to leave the United Airlines Red Carpet Lounge (and my cocktail, however poorly made :mad:) -- thereby forcing myself to go through the TSA checkpoint again -- to get a breath of fresh car fumes at LAX, you were sorely mistaken. :rak_03:

In any case, I'm excited about the transfer. I'm actually going to transfer one character to Satele Shan. I started a couple characters there but miss too many of my fabulous space Ken outfits and legacy-wide perks!

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I'd, love to comment on this, but with tin pot dictators and snow flakes everywhere, i'd get in to trouble for speaking the truth or what's on my mind, especially when both are the same thing ;)

That's awesome!

What I would really like to see is a 50% off sale on Legacy unlocks (and please include everything this time), and a 50% off sale on decorations and stronghold unlocks.

It doesn't look like strongholds are getting any love this time around, but a sale to let us upgrade what we have would be a big help.