No to Arcann Romance Give us Real Content!

Manjaca

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that we can all agree, whether you like Companions, or Romances or not... a 2 minute conversation with Andronikos/Corso/Risha isn't real content regardless of what sorts of things you want to see in game.

Agreed. I suppose more could come for these three over time? But, well, I don't know.

I think that we can all agree, whether you like Companions, or Romances or not... a 2 minute conversation with Andronikos/Corso/Risha isn't real content regardless of what sorts of things you want to see in game.

The only thing that would make that content not-real is if it were imaginary. I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine it. If I had, the reunion would have been much better. :p

It was "real" content. It just wasn't much or satisfying. The Arcann romance will be "real" content.

What makes content "real" or not? I appreciate if you want different content, but I don't think personal preference makes something real or unreal. :o

I agree. For example, my personal preference is not to have a romance taken all the way with Gus Tuno.

That said, there may be those who would.

Some would prefer there be 1000 new PVP maps come out next week.

I don't. I'd rather see more strongholds, better love spent on guild management, and more class stories.

All about preferences. Preferences are neither valid nor invalid. They just are.

The only thing that would make that content not-real is if it were imaginary. I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine it. If I had, the reunion would have been much better. :p

It was "real" content. It just wasn't much or satisfying. The Arcann romance will be "real" content.

I was using hyperbole, but only just barely. Waiting 2 years for 2 minutes? No... that may, technically, be content... but, no. It really, honestly, is not.

...and sorry, I hope what Arcann's "arc" is will be no better than what any of Andronikos, Corso, or Risha got. He'd get LESS (nothing) even, if I had my way. There is no way Arcann deserves more than our classic companions.

"-1, Not Signed and Protested" to this thread. Make Arcann Even More Awesome.

"NO" to attempts to neuter a character due to a few disgruntled complainers. Last time I checked, other companions were never a focal point of an expansion, nevermind 2, or an Emperor of a galaxy.

Edited by Bluelily

I was using hyperbole, but only just barely. Waiting 2 years for 2 minutes? No... that may, technically, be content... but, no. It really, honestly, is not.

...and sorry, I hope what Arcann's "arc" is will be no better than what any of Andronikos, Corso, or Risha got. He'd get LESS (nothing) even, if I had my way. There is no way Arcann deserves more than our classic companions.

Corso, Risha and Adronikos got an entire romance arc through the game. So yup, I agree Arcann should have the exact same type of progression Arc that they got, since his is only just starting. just like Theron, Lana and sorta-Koth, and every other current LI did in the game. Any new romance added should receive the same care as well, that all the rest have received in the game, rather then limiting an entire romance arc start to end to 2 minutes for the very first time, which not one LI has gotten .. ever. Only "returns" have been short, not the romances.

*tongue-in-cheek*

I've seen people on these forums argue that a speeder is content, or an outfit, or a weapon.

And no, sorry but if they're going to do a new arc for a new romance they should put effort into it. I may not be into Arcann but if they're going to do a romance for him then it needs to be well done. Otherwise, should they add a romance arc for any other character, for example Senya (and this is just an example) then she should also get no more than 2 minutes. Just be careful what you ask for.

Would this include an option for 1,Kill and 2,Romance? That's would Please everybody in whichever their intention. Start the Expac with Arcann as your comp, fight your way through whatever it is, something happens (Due to your choices throughout the event) and in the end make your decision. Senya would ofcourse be "Devastated" but every sentient being in the Galaxy wants him dead and even the mighty Alliance and its Commander cant hold all that back forever. This would settle the issue in a way everybody would like Plus Content for everybody.

In what universe does your guild, your specific group of friends and your one server, equal as 97% of the player base? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard, and an outlandish hyperbole such as that basically discredits the rest of what you say.

I've waited two years for an Arcann romance, and if I were to have it denied now by salty players would be infuriating. I want a lot of the other things you mentioned too, except the pvp content. In all the years I've been playing swtor, I've never once played pvp, and I don't intend to ever, I play purely for story and remain subscribed for the story, but I don't think I have ever had the idea or urge to post on a forum and demand for the developers to stop making content I dislike, becuase I understand there are many who do like it.

Just don't play what you don't like, it's not rocket science. Why try to make those of us who have been waiting a long time for this, as miserable as you are?

In what universe does your guild, your specific group of friends and your one server, equal as 97% of the player base? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard, and an outlandish hyperbole such as that basically discredits the rest of what you say.

I've waited two years for an Arcann romance, and if I were to have it denied now by salty players would be infuriating. I want a lot of the other things you mentioned too, except the pvp content. In all the years I've been playing swtor, I've never once played pvp, and I don't intend to ever, I play purely for story and remain subscribed for the story, but I don't think I have ever had the idea or urge to post on a forum and demand for the developers to stop making content I dislike, becuase I understand there are many who do like it.

Just don't play what you don't like, it's not rocket science. Why try to make those of us who have been waiting a long time for this, as miserable as you are?

I life in a Universe called Real Life. :rolleyes:

I never say that my Guild, my Friends, my Server is equal to 97% of the playerbase.

I write down Content as an example. I said that this Content is Content for 97% for the playerbase!

Please read my post correct! Before you writhe something wrong. The Arcann Romance is not Content for the Majority of the Playerbase. For the Majority of the Playerbase its not repeatable Content. If you can do the Arcann Romance with 20 Twinks. Nice, fine im Happy for you. But for the Majority its not repeatable. Why so much People are not happy about the Arcann Love Content. Because they see the bad Comback of Risha/Elara/Quinn/Andronikos/Corso....... And they think that all the Companion Resources go away to the Arcann Love Content. ;)

You waited 2 years for the Arcann Romance. The Majority of the playerbase waited as well for the orignial Companions and Love Companions. Bioware take this Companions away. They take away the Love Companions. No one take you Arcann away! First we Need a comback of all Original Companions. And please not 135 seconds of Story. :rolleyes:

Yes we Need more repeatable Content. After 4.0 and 5.0 with no repeatable Content and no Group Content we lose 40% of our playerbase. We lose another 30% of horrible Galactic Comand and CXP Rates. So much Story Players quit the Game because of not so good KOTFE/KOTET and not repeatable KOTFE/KOTET and no interess for Arcann. I know many of them! Many of them have no interess because of Non-Force User make no sense in the KOTFE/KOTET (Arcann) Story And many said this on this Forum or on SWTOR-Reddit.

The majority of this Players will not comeback because of the Arcann Romance. The Majority of comeback players will not stay subbed for many months because of the Arcann Romance. The Majority of Group Players will not comback for a Arcann Romance. But this Game Need more Players!

Why so much hate to Players that dont have a interess in the Arcann Romance? Why so much lack of understanding for Players who want a comeback of the original Companions before Bioware give you the Arcann Romance? Why so much hate to Players who prefer Group Content?

You have a other opinion than me. Nice, its OK. Its your right! This is a open Forum. We life in a Democracy. If you Arcann Love Fans want this Content. You have the right to write this down on this Forum! But other People (not Arcann Love Fans) have the same right.

I dont share the same opinion like you. But i will defend your right of free speach and your other Opinion wife my Live. You know this Words? You Arcann Love fans understand this? :rolleyes:

Tanno Vik's VA passed away, which is probably why he won't be around anymore. :(

David Anthony Pizzuto passed away in 2012. All of Vik's lines since then (including KOTFE) have been voiced by Fred Tatasciore. They can (and apparently have) use a new voice actor if the old one is unavailable.

Since when was this game a democracy? I must have read a different Terms of Service.

What a specious argument.

...no one is claiming, or thinking, that this is a democracy. We are operating on an assumption that using the forums can, and will, express our wants, interests, ideas and also dislikes to the developers. And, the proponents of this thread are simply trying to make sure that the developers (whoever decides how to allocate resources) know that this choice was controversial, and a lot of us just don't like it.

...and you do have to accept that it's controversial. If someone posts about how disappointed they are that they're still waiting for Jaesa Wilsaam to come back... there might be some people who would chime in to say "I think it's more important that you finish the raid!" but you won't see anyone who says "no, I don't want you to have Jaesa back." Welcome to the place we're we're actually saying that. Not about Jaesa, but about Arcann. We don't want you to have him... because that is a repugnant use of resources. Better to finish that Raid, better to bring back Jaesa, better to fix graphical bugs, hell... better to buy a better grade of coffee for the employee lounge before dedicating time, effort, resources, etc. to an Arcann romance arc.

What a specious argument.

...and you do have to accept that it's controversial. If someone posts about how disappointed they are that they're still waiting for Jaesa Wilsaam to come back... there might be some people who would chime in to say "I think it's more important that you finish the raid!" but you won't see anyone who says "no, I don't want you to have Jaesa back." Welcome to the place we're we're actually saying that. Not about Jaesa, but about Arcann. We don't want you to have him... because that is a repugnant use of resources. Better to finish that Raid, better to bring back Jaesa, better to fix graphical bugs, hell... better to buy a better grade of coffee for the employee lounge before dedicating time, effort, resources, etc. to an Arcann romance arc.

And this right here is the mystifyingly strange claim. How do we know they have not allocated resorces to the list you espouse? For all we know those things were planned BEFORE the script for Arcann was written!

And this right here is the mystifyingly strange claim. How do we know they have not allocated resorces to the list you espouse? For all we know those things were planned BEFORE the script for Arcann was written!

There's nothing strange about it. Arcann's return has been 'unofficially confirmed' by Charles, the v/o artist, etc. in ways. The same is nto true for missing companions like Kira or Felix. If Arcann's romance happens before ALL of the nine missing LI companions are back, it means that they allocated resources and arranged things so it took priority over the vanilla LIs. That's not a debate, it's looking at a calendar and seeing which cut scene is released first.

People have been waiting for their companions to return for two years. It's been mentioned here that Jedi Consulars have ONE out of five back. It is completely understandable that these players might feel upset and angry that this gets a new romance (and thus time, devs and money) before their vanilla LIs come back.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

It's been mentioned here that Jedi Consulars have ONE out of five back. It is completely understandable that these players might feel upset and angry that this gets a new romance (and thus time, devs and money) before their vanilla LIs come back.

Angry is an understatement. Arcann romance before bringing back missing companions? No-- just no. And yeah, my consular has Qyzen back. It would not be a slap in the face to those who play consular, it would be a giant middle finger. And I'm sure there'd be cancellations over it. But yeah, we'd get to romance a mass murderer. Thrills.

Angry is an understatement. Arcann romance before bringing back missing companions? No-- just no. And yeah, my consular has Qyzen back. It would not be a slap in the face to those who play consular, it would be a giant middle finger. And I'm sure there'd be cancellations over it. But yeah, we'd get to romance a mass murderer. Thrills.

Yeah, there's such a disparity right now, and there's no reason the monster should be given attention before at least Felix and Nadia. I don't play JCs but I feel bad for those who do. Qyzen doesn't even have anything to do in the storyline, which makes it even worse.

There's nothing strange about it. Arcann's return has been 'unofficially confirmed' by Charles, the v/o artist, etc. in ways. The same is nto true for missing companions like Kira or Felix. If Arcann's romance happens before ALL of the nine missing LI companions are back, it means that they allocated resources and arranged things so it took priority over the vanilla LIs. That's not a debate, it's looking at a calendar and seeing which cut scene is released first.

People have been waiting for their companions to return for two years. It's been mentioned here that Jedi Consulars have ONE out of five back. It is completely understandable that these players might feel upset and angry that this gets a new romance (and thus time, devs and money) before their vanilla LIs come back.

This. While my sage didn't kill Arcann, as she does believe in redemption, she in no way is going to betray Iresso for a mass murderer. In my roleplay scenario she put him under guard (which means you will not see her running around with him). My sorceress on the other hand killed him, even though that meant losing Senya.

I'm not making a claim.

We do know Arcann is getting some sort of a romance. We also know that original companions are going to come back at some point... but we don't really know which events will happen in what order, or how much actual budget has been involved. I don't claim to know anything beyond the mere basics.

What I'm making, is a statement of preference. I have no idea how much money EA/Bioware has to allocate for developing new content, but I assume some of their budget goes to server costs, paying CSM, and a skeleton crew of programmers who fix bugs. I can only assume that there is a certain amount of money left over that Keith has pried from someone's cold, dead hands to give us some NEW CONTENT... and, of course, there's a debate about what that is, or should be. I think I can skip past the discussion, whether people want more Story Progression, move PvP or GSF content, a flashpoint... more resources devoted to bug fixes... and these are all things that we all want to varying degrees... but what I'm saying, is that resources spent on an Arcann Romance are so low on my list, I would rather they installed new Star Wars themed Light Switches in all the offices spaces before any pennies trickled down Arcann's way.

Someone will get something they want, while others will not. This is what it boils down to. Time and revenue figures will tell how real or unreal Arcann content is.

Scourge as a male force sensitive love interest? Huh. Don't get me wrong, my JK would be tempted (even if Scourge will probably think that Eternal Throne is 1000 times more attractive then Commander ever will be), but why he will be better then “that mass murdering scum"? And what about his little problem with being unable to feel? Or was it sarcasm or hyperbole?

Edited by RandomName_Ru

Someone will get something they want, while others will not. This is what it boils down to. Time and revenue figures will tell how real or unreal Arcann content is.

Scourge as a male force sensitive love interest? Huh. Don't get me wrong, my JK would be tempted (even if Scourge will probably think that Eternal Throne is 1000 times more attractive then Commander ever will be), but why he will be better then “that mass murdering scum"? And what about his little problem with being unable to feel? Or was it sarcasm or hyperbole?

I don't think that Scourge is a prize, I would not have a character romance him and he's done really terrible things, let's be clear on that, but for me, the reasons he's far superior to the genocidal scumbag are:

1. Unlike the scumbag, he's not just saying he's sorry for past actions; he's putting himself out there over and over again to do something helpful and save the galaxy ( I don't think working on the Alliance base counts for the scumbag; everyone else is doing that too and it offers no atonement or justice for his actions).

2. Scourge is doing that of his own volition; not because someone else got a priest to pray over him.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero