Double CXP/XP Ended Official Whine Thread

orangenee

Random observation:

I was away for the last 5 days or so.

I have the impression that there are only 10 or so people left who post here.

I have been active on this board since... around 2009 or so. I never felt so alienated than now. Not even Andryah is left. Heck, I even would like to read from DarthSpuds. OwenBrooks is still here. Kudos to this guy. One of the most helpful, uplifting spirits here. Every single response from him is appreciated by me, even though I never needed his help.

There isn't one currently discussed thread in which I feel like replying to anything. This board was my main discussion board for years. I have the feeling that this is the last board I will ever actively attend. I have been online since the mid 90s, a very early bird. Is an era coming to an end? It scares me. The grave is getting closer every day...

Ontopic: What's the point, we're all be gone one day anyway... :):rolleyes::o:mad::(:eek::cool::D:confused:;):p

Random observation:

I have been active on this board since... around 2009 or so. I never felt so alienated than now. Not even Andryah is left. Heck, I even would like to read from DarthSpuds. OwenBrooks is still here. Kudos to this guy. One of the most helpful, uplifting spirits here. Every single response from him is appreciated by me, even though I never needed his help.

There isn't one currently discussed thread in which I feel like replying to anything. This board was my main discussion board for years. I have the feeling that this is the last board I will ever actively attend. I have been online since the mid 90s, a very early bird. Is an era coming to an end? It scares me. The grave is getting closer every day...

Ontopic: What's the point, we're all be gone one day anyway... :):rolleyes::o:mad::(:eek::cool::D:confused:;):p

wow such a melancholy post...

With my play style, earning command crates again returns to the realm of, "so rarely happens it's not worth considering." I will miss getting those goody boxes (oh, Fiery Grophet, you tiger-striped walrus-bunny-pig argument against gene splicing ... I will miss having a chance at you most of all).

I'm at "meh" with CXP gains. Tired of ranting, suggesting, pleading, about it. I'd like for the double CXP rate to continue, but right now I'm all raged out. I reserve the option for future CXP raging, if my CXP rage resource ever renews itself.

But, as a woman of action, I'll do other things! Like think of a new excuse to avoid dusting. Cuss up a storm while doing some Iokath dailies again, for the new decos. Finally figure out a plot for this year's NaNoWriMo. Sort through all of my alts and prep them for stasis, before the server merge happens.

I vote for Merlot as the official end of double CXP whine wine.

As xordevoreaux suggested, I'm making the official Double CXP/XP ended whine thread.

Don't start yet though. Not until it has ended.

*Cancels subscription in protest*

Well - I will regardless start my "whine praecox". :p

The current rate of CXP was fine to me - at a rate of ~1 crate per PVP match and sometimes 2 per FP it felt rewarding, but still the drop rate (not a single yellow item in all week) makes it a disappointing experience. Well, if that's what BW considers "exciting"...

@JattaGin: we can tell by your account number that you are a new guy in town. :)

Random observation:

Well thats what happens when you have a hard pay wall for the ability to talk about the game. Its pretty stupid.

I get it, folks have been up in arms about CXP for a long time. We got used to the bugged quests and began coming down with 2xCXP this week...like tapering off medication. However, threads with the sole intention of mockery are about on the same level as threads that are nothing but complaints: both are toxic and ill willed; breed discourse, but solve nothing; and further alienate legitimate grievances. New players arrive here and see these types of threads and they leave.

I, too, have been a part of boards since the 90s and there are posters that I do not miss at all simply because they cannot restrain their instinct to just pick at people. One of them was listed in that other post. They could have some really insightful words, but when coupled with veiled insults you just lose all interest.

I was going to go on and on and on and on, but decided to just paraphrase Maz, "If you frequent boards long enough, you see the same posts in different people. I'm looking at post of a man who wants to incite."

As xordevoreaux suggested, I'm making the official Double CXP/XP ended whine thread.

Don't start yet though. Not until it has ended.

*Cancels subscription in protest*

I don't unterstand the stupidity of thoose decisions:

First the CXP daily nerf disaster

Second the end of the douple CXP reward while the ingame timer statet that it last for some weeks

next the server merge disaster - I expect downtimes of days by the quality of everything they do.

First the CXP daily nerf disaster

Second the end of the douple CXP reward while the ingame timer statet that it last for some weeks

next the server merge disaster - I expect downtimes of days by the quality of everything they do.

1. They already stated it was a bug. Do you really think they would keep it going with the CXP boost?? lol (If so you must be new to the game. Because grinding is all this game is about right now.)

2. That is a bug for some. Just because it states that doesn't mean that's what's official. It was posted months ago it would be another WEEK event. Nothing more. To expect more is ignorance on your part. lol

3. Well considering they stated " we are planning an extended downtime on this day" a couple times in the Roadmap, you can bet it will be down for more than 5hrs. I wouldn't expect anything less than at least 8hrs. That is not an absurd request for them either as they're updating & releasing a ton of stuff. Other MMO's have major downtimes when they release content. It's something you know when you sign up for their games. BW has a lot of faults, but getting upset they're going to have extended downtime, when they alerted you month or more ahead is all on you.

1. They already stated it was a bug. Do you really think they would keep it going with the CXP boost?? lol (If so you must be new to the game. Because grinding is all this game is about right now.)

2. That is a bug for some. Just because it states that doesn't mean that's what's official. It was posted months ago it would be another WEEK event. Nothing more. To expect more is ignorance on your part. lol

3. Well considering they stated " we are planning an extended downtime on this day" a couple times in the Roadmap, you can bet it will be down for more than 5hrs. I wouldn't expect anything less than at least 8hrs. That is not an absurd request for them either as they're updating & releasing a ton of stuff. Other MMO's have major downtimes when they release content. It's something you know when you sign up for their games. BW has a lot of faults, but getting upset they're going to have extended downtime, when they alerted you month or more ahead is all on you.

Whoa man, you need to stop with the facts, logic, and common sense. Those things don't go down too well around here!:rak_03:

May be it was a bug, due to this bug the daily areas are poulated and now they are dead again.

And "Other MMO's have major downtimes when they release content." - yes, but they release content, in this game they are not able to release one real add-on like other games.

<<We interrupt this thread for a breaking news bulletin: Dasty the Hutt is taking off his shiny, white armor.>>

I agree completely with your points #1 and #3. Obviously, at least in my mind, the bug was unsustainable, if for no other reason than it singled out only one type of play

Here is the problem I have regarding your second point...

For some time now, they have said they are looking at CXP rates with a mind to adjusting them upwards. While one can debate what amount of increase that should be, I didn't think a doubling of the rate was remotely unreasonable. Personally, I think a 3.5 multiple of the old rate is well within the ballpark.

So, yes, it was a visual bug but the broader point remains: If they consider an across-the-board doubling of CXP rate gains to be too high, then there's a pretty big problem from my perspective.

TL-DR: It's taking them an awfully long time to figure out what the adjustment rate should be, when it should be a priority. And, while I know nothing about computer programming, clearly they have the ability to double existing CXP gains by simple virtue of the fact that they can do so regularly on select weeks.

<<I now return to my regularly scheduled white knighting>> :rak_04:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

CXP is fine, that's why it will change soon and will keep on changing until either it or the game dies.

BW wants you to gain CXP the way YOU want, that's why they will nerf the fastest/easiest ways of gaining CXP.

What if I want the fastest and easiest way to gain CXP?

Are they going to increase the CXP gains on October 24 or November 8th along with the merges?

United Forces Formation – October 24, 2017

- As we prepare for the United Forces update, we are planning an extended downtime on this day as we need to rollout all the new hardware and vital infrastructure changes.

United Forces Goes Live - Game Update 5.5.1 – November 8, 2017

- Today, we forge our new United Forces galaxy from a broader set of server communities into a set of larger, but fewer Servers. An extended downtime is planned for this effort.

- For a full week, we’re bringing back Double Rewards (XP, Command XP, Valor, Requisition)

- Simply log in to play and qualify for the new Mini Mogul NM-1 mini-pet, inspired by one of our classic Operation bosses, Karagga the Unyielding!

- Unlock new achievements when you complete multiplayer activities using Group Finder and earn the merciless Darth Hexid Companion!

And "Other MMO's have major downtimes when they release content." - yes, but they release content, in this game they are not able to release one real add-on like other games.

Well I'm not sure what you call content, but a new PvP map, 2 new FPs, new GSF map and then a future Ops boss, sounds like content to me.

NOW the amount & consistency of release of said content, than can be discussed & debated. (Won't argue there. Would love to have a big new patch like the ones we used to have to buy but had a LOT of stuff.)

<<We interrupt this thread for a breaking news bulletin: Dasty the Hutt is taking off his shiny, white armor.>>

TL-DR: It's taking them an awfully long time to figure out what the adjustment rate should be, when it should be a priority. And, while I know nothing about computer programming, clearly they have the ability to double existing CXP gains by simple virtue of the fact that they can do so regularly on select weeks.

<<I now return to my regularly scheduled white knighting>> :rak_04:

Dasty

LOL Well Idk you were a white knight. (But I'm sure I'm getting called that here lately just because I'm not jumping on the burn BW bandwagon.)

Oh I agree with you there. They're dragging their feet on figuring out a good sustainable CXP rate. It's clearly too low right now. And those few daily areas were a bit too high, at least with just them being that way alone. (CXP should double when doing daily heroics in groups too. Like the credits used too. lol)

I don't have any knowledge really of programming, especially games, but I do know per Eric & the team that it's not something that can be changed with the flick of a switch apparently. Because this "Double Week" only came about this fast because we had that day or so of downtime last "Double Week" and Eric said they couldn't just keep it on for another week. Hence the month later or so another "Double Week" set in place. (Maybe they program a month or more out & just tweak from there??)

Oh I agree with you there. They're dragging their feet on figuring out a good sustainable CXP rate. It's clearly too low right now. And those few daily areas were a bit too high, at least with just them being that way alone. (CXP should double when doing daily heroics in groups too. Like the credits used too. lol)

I don't have any knowledge really of programming, especially games, but I do know per Eric & the team that it's not something that can be changed with the flick of a switch apparently. Because this "Double Week" only came about this fast because we had that day or so of downtime last "Double Week" and Eric said they couldn't just keep it on for another week. Hence the month later or so another "Double Week" set in place. (Maybe they program a month or more out & just tweak from there??)

This is my main grouse at this point. The extremes! I'd be happy if they arrived at a happy medium. I didn't understand the "...couldn't just keep it on..." bit either. From where I sit (armchair dev) it sure looks like, essentially, flipping a switch. I'd be glad to be educated on that though.

All this things are parameters that easily could changed or the programers not worth a cent. Normally you hold such values in parameter tables or a parameter database. After a restart of the program the changed value will be used.

All this things are parameters that easily could changed or the programers not worth a cent. Normally you hold such values in parameter tables or a parameter database. After a restart of the program the changed value will be used.

That then requires downtime as restarting the servers, to which they would be burned at the stake for "Why are the servers down?! This wasn't listed! You owe me a few cents of my game time!!"

LOL You know I'm right too. :D

We've spent a year tweaking CXP and nerfing the living hell out of players...this has been a terrible freaking year for this game.

"We" haven't done a damn thing aside from try to find the most effective source of CXP. Well, I say "We", I haven't.

I'd like to say "I told you so", but really is there any point in doing so? :p

I've taken a less active role in my story content nowadays. I just set my companion to DPS and let them deal with everything in story stuff. Quick heal, next mob. Rinse repeat, boss, same deal really.

That way I can pay full attention to the TV and just forget about the game. Oh and some spectacular hammering on the spacebar, everybody insists on a full lecture every time I go for a quest.

If there's some guildies about I go and do some FPs instead.