Companion Unify Colors not Working on Ship Scenes.

Rijii

I have spent countless cartel coins and credits making all my companions look awesome with there cartel gear, and its all for nothing during the storyline and the conversations which is where I want them to look their best. Kaylio can no longer make a bad *** entrance with her full black outfit I made because of the fact the colors DO NOT WORK. All my companions look like a rainbow spat up on them where it matters, on the custscenes. I always look forward to when we're all together on my ship where you get the most talk out of all companions, but now it's not enjoyable at all whatsoever. Whenever I approach a companion on my ship and on my ship only, or in various storyline scenes where they're all together the colors do no unify. Off the ship, they always unify. This is very discouraging, and makes me feel like I've spent cartel coins and wasted time earning credits for nothing, please address this issue.

I would like to agree with this. Some of us put some work into ours and our companions wardrobe. Then the cutscenes happen and destroy some of the immersion. I can understand what happens. I believe when the cutscene starts it grabs the models of the characters, companions and gear they were but ignores the mods to include the dyes used. Because why would a cutscene need to know what mods you are using? It doesn't unless one of the mods is a dye to recolor the gear.

So might not be an easy fix, but would be worth it.

• 1 month later...

I thought I read in the patch notes that they fixed this issue. Patch 3.3 notes, i think. It does continue to happen to me too and is a minor irritation, but still irritating. Gonna have to check Patch notes again me thinks. :confused:

EDIT: After checking patch notes, it was companion dye colors, not unify colors..... :mad: Wonderful......:(

Edited by Jawa_the_Hutt

I thought I read in the patch notes that they fixed this issue. Patch 3.3 notes, i think. It does continue to happen to me too and is a minor irritation, but still irritating. Gonna have to check Patch notes again me thinks. :confused:

EDIT: After checking patch notes, it was companion dye colors, not unify colors..... :mad: Wonderful......:(

Seems they are working on the bugs one by one. First they fixed the companion dye. Then they fixed companion hide helmet. So perhaps next they will fix companion unify colors.

• 2 years later...
As of 5.9.1a, this bug still exists. Although I don't recall experiencing it as far back as the OP, it's still present in the game. Fix this longstanding bug already, Bioware!

Holy Necro Batman, :) but yeah, I wish Bioware would take at least some time to try and fix some of the long standing issues in the game, this being one along with none complete able bonus series along with the horrible eyes that the older characters in the game seem to have now.

along with none complete able bonus series

OK, so how *do* you fix that?

I have some ideas, and a few moments with the forum search function will let you find them, but I want to hear yours.

Hint: it's not exactly a walk in the park, especially if you want to fix all the existing players who have the problem.

This is off-topic, but they could just fix it so that future players' characters won't experience it. It's not the perfect solution, but it may be the best one. You can't please everyone. However, something should be done rather than nothing.

Holy Necro Batman, :) but yeah, I wish Bioware would take at least some time to try and fix some of the long standing issues in the game, this being one along with none complete able bonus series along with the horrible eyes that the older characters in the game seem to have now.

Yeah, I don't give a damn how long of a necro it is. Someone needed to say something about this bug still existing, because if nobody makes a stink about longstanding bugs, BW does nothing about them. They just pretend they don't exist. Out of sight, out of mind.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

OK, so how *do* you fix that?

I have some ideas, and a few moments with the forum search function will let you find them, but I want to hear yours.

Hint: it's not exactly a walk in the park, especially if you want to fix all the existing players who have the problem.

Well going forward the plan would be simple and make bonus series main missions only become available when its the correct point along the series.

As for fixing it for people who have it already broke, I think the most efficient solution would be to make the missions that it mostly affects temporarily repeatable meaning that the mission should reset and become active again and players can run that mission and continue down the questline, obviously this would not need to premanent so it can be removed by 6.0

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't see this issue on ship, but in any cutscenes, wheter it is class story or KotFE/KotET chapters and beyond. Since Lana is just about all over the place, I stopped trying to mix any piece of gear on her.

And also I avoid any skin showing gear because skin texture is always replaced with some sort of tribal tattoos all over except the face. Forget the "slave outfit" or anything similar, it won't work well.

I have the same issues and on top in KotFE Chapter 1 and 2 in cutscenes many of my crew-members are shown wearing only underwear :confused:

For Chapter 1 and 2 with your crew-members. Could it be only for characters on which you replay the chapters ?

On the first run with each characters, it should all be fine, your original companions should be wearing the gear they had when you started Chapter 1.

If you already have recruited your original companions during KotFE/KotET and beyond, I tend to believe you get a new version of each companion, not the exact same ones you completed your class story with. Plus, when you recruit an original companion in your alliance, you receive in your inventory the gear they were wearing at the start of Chapter 1. So when you replay Chapter 1 and 2, your companions are the original version of you crew members, and they can't be wearing the gear that was sent in your inventory.

I come to the conclusion that original companion and recruited original companions are different because:

- I had bugs where I was able to claim an original companion from the terminal on Odessen, then that companion was still in my roster when I recruited him/her in the Alliance.

- If you replay, with your recruited companions, some content for which your original companions would have react to conversations (approve/disapprove), like for Esseles/Black Talon or some Heroics, they won't react anymore with the recruited companions. The recruited companions probably don't have the code entry to react to these conversations.

• 1 month later...
Doesn't work on Odessen with Elara. She looks redickous with new armor not unified. Even if you have a trooper and click on unify colors to fix her appearance it doesn't fix her for scenes after Onslaught only when she;s your active companion.

Unfortunately, I'm not the OP, so I can't change the title or edit the OP to reflect this, but thanks for searching the forum before posting and contributing to an already existing bug report instead of creating one that will quickly be buried and forgotten.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...