It’s Raining CXP, Daily

EricMusco

The crazy amount of CXP from those heroics, are possibly the only way I will ever achieve anything with Galactic Command. (And if Iokath rewarded that much all the time, you can bet your blouse everyone would be doing new content.... rather than it being a complete and total ghosttown)

As someone else observed, a huge boost in CXP reward for the dailies has resulted in the planets with dailies being populated again; it's clear that the perception of the playerbase that the standard rewards were insufficient for them to bother with, but once they were cranked they did get used again.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While you fixing Iokath dailies any chance you could also get Walking the Walk (empire) to count towards the 5 planetary mission dailies mission for Iokath.

FYI I believe the republic version works , do maybe copy the code from there,

Thank you.

Edited by Slashum
Correction

• Dev Post

Hey all,

When I found out about the substantially increased CXP in the daily areas I had to go check if it was real. So, I tested it on my main characters, and validated it across a variety of other characters, and sure enough, it was true. I even used the CXP Perk, and the CXP 100% boost, just to see how much I could get on each quest.

Then, realizing we needed to stay indoors for the weekend, I decided to see how many Command Ranks I could gain on just one toon, by doing all the Daily Areas each day, along with daily FPs, and other normal activities. I managed to gain 200 levels and to echo a lot of your comments here, it was fun to see so many others on Yavin, in Black Hole, over on Iokath and Section X. I also did Oricon and had forgotten how fun those quests were to do, too.

There's a legitimate reason to lower the CXP values as they are out of whack with the rest of the game, but there's an even more compelling reason to not lower it all the way back to 75 and to review the values across the board. I like a lot of your suggestions about rotating it, finding a good compromised amount, giving you a reason to visit these areas, and substantially reducing the time it takes to level up your alts (catch-up mechanic).

So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change. I'm confident that'll help guide us in our discussions and decision about what to do next.

---Keith

But but but they might interfere with your RP. :p

I'm sure you weren't one of the people arguing for "less populated" servers in the server merge thread though right? I would have to laugh anyone who was arguing for that so they can "play in peace" now saying "yay look how more populated the instances are"

Nope, they don't interfere with my RP since I RP in dailies, flashpoints, etc. You see I can do more than one thing at a time, which is why I don't want Ebon Hawk merged with Harbinger. If they merge servers then merge with other RP servers. I do roleplay everywhere. I am not the type to sit/stand in a cantina and rp. I rp doing things.

Edited by casirabit

Hey all,

When I found out about the substantially increased CXP in the daily areas I had to go check if it was real. So, I tested it on my main characters, and validated it across a variety of other characters, and sure enough, it was true. I even used the CXP Perk, and the CXP 100% boost, just to see how much I could get on each quest.

Then, realizing we needed to stay indoors for the weekend, I decided to see how many Command Ranks I could gain on just one toon, by doing all the Daily Areas each day, along with daily FPs, and other normal activities. I managed to gain 200 levels and to echo a lot of your comments here, it was fun to see so many others on Yavin, in Black Hole, over on Iokath and Section X. I also did Oricon and had forgotten how fun those quests were to do, too.

There's a legitimate reason to lower the CXP values as they are out of whack with the rest of the game, but there's an even more compelling reason to not lower it all the way back to 75 and to review the values across the board. I like a lot of your suggestions about rotating it, finding a good compromised amount, giving you a reason to visit these areas, and substantially reducing the time it takes to level up your alts (catch-up mechanic).

So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change. I'm confident that'll help guide us in our discussions and decision about what to do next.

---Keith

Keith,

You do that and I bake you all some cookies and send to you!

I managed to gain 200 levels and to echo a lot of your comments here, it was fun to see so many others on Yavin, in Black Hole, over on Iokath and Section X. I also did Oricon and had forgotten how fun those quests were to do, too.

See what can happen when you actually observe the game as a player instead of just looking at your metrics?

Things can be fun.

We want them to be fun.

There's a middle ground to be had that BioWare never seems to be able to find... it always starts out fun for us and then gets nerfed into oblivion when it's "fixed"

STOP doing that.

Find that middle ground that keeps things fun but doesn't upset the balance of the game.

---Keith

I don't doubt it. Now that you were able to see the difference due to a bug (especially of this magnitude) instead of waiting for someone above to give a go-ahead or whatever, your decision will be far easier.

I don't expect an immediate decision. Thank you for the bug.

I expect you to keep it this way. Anything less is unacceptable.

Or rather keep it this way until a satisfactory way is found that increases CXP. Cause going to the old values is no option.

But like always, I expect the worst and the values will be back to normal on tuesday, which is something the community doesn't want. This is what we want. (at least the people that don't whine about GC and CXP all the time).

Edited by SebastiaanZ

I get that you need to fix this, as it is a little over the top. But I also can say it did two things for me as a player beyond just getting to Tier 4:

1. Made me a lot more excited to sign on and play for CXP

2. Made me love the dailies all over again. I can now do Ziost easily, with the old rhythm I used to have.

You might want to consider periodic INSANE XP/CXP!! events, either just in the dailies, or maybe some of the old FPs, or even for lower level toons on exploratory missions. Can last a week or a weekend. Let us know when they're happening and let us go temporarily wild. (remember when double XP weekends made you change your weekend plans? I do!)

But everyone's right. It's been fun doing dailies again and I feel a lot better about Galactic Command for my main dps. Like I won't have to grind and grind and grind for a year since I don't do a lot of Ops. But I might get back to them.

And thanks for the extra few days, Keith and/or the gods, so I can grab some levels for my healer.

Hey all,

---Keith

From what I've read in this thread many players who have routinely argued against CXP and it's RNG basis are praising this bug (as you commented on). I am one of those players. Not fond of GC as a whole (it's less bothersome now since you can completely gear w/o it) and not a fan of RNG in general. The bonus CXP, for me, over rides ALL of my complaints about the system. The benefits, now, far outweigh the things I don't like.

The ONE toon that's CXP 300 has gotten 50-70 tier 4 boxes since Thursday. 1/2 of my gear slots are 248. I'm sending the 246's to alts that are GC 40'ish.

The drive for this game shouldn't ONLY be about GETTING gear, but using it too. There's always a window when new gear levels come out where it's GRIND GRIND GRIND to get the best gear you can, but after that, people go back to playing the game and worrying less about the grind.

The grind is automatic and the rewards are obvious.

Whatever % you reduce it to (I hope not less than 50% it's current amount, and maybe rotate in ONE of the planetary daily areas at 100% of current value a week at a time) please keep it that the rewards are as obvious as they are now.

Edited by Darev

Hey all,

---Keith

Thanks for the reply.

I think the main issue I and other new players or friends that left have with CXP/GC is the tiers getting to that end tier where gear drops feel rewarding again. Even if we could buy Tier 2 or even 3 directly to get tier 4 we would still need trudge through the 2/3 tiers to get there (and that would just seem pointless if we just bought the gear outright).

It's this getting to 300 that is so daunting and detering from doing anything in the game because nothing feels rewarding anymore. Previously, as I mentioned, I felt rewarded from getting comms to get gear that made me end game stronger.

I also think beyond just how quickly we can level up GC now it's also good to see this sort of content feel rewarding again and it would be even better to spread it further.

Another point is sure you managed to get 200 levels but to be honest the majority of players aren't going to do this. The majority of players (many now who have left I'm sure your metrics will tell you) are casuals who just put in a few hours a day and want to feel rewarded for what they do, from this perspective GC was a good idea to offer up end game set bonus gear but the execution was rather atrocious.

So whatever angle you do you want to consider those points - faster to 300, make all content as fast as farming say FPs (I'd personally rather spend 2 hours doing different heroics or dailies than farming one FP repeatedly) and don't forget the casuals who you need to keep attracted to the game.

I think fast to 300 and all content relevant would achieve this - slow the grind down at 300 to normal of course, heck make the drops for BiS worse ... if people really want it they can use OPs or PVP to get it, I'd just be happy getting the best I can from 300+ and stoked when I do indeed get a gold drop.

Though in saying that if I were 300 I'd start doing HM OPs again as I pug and don't want to feel like a burden so I don't even try right now.

Anyway some things to consider.

Nope, they don't interfere with my RP since I RP in dailies, flashpoints, etc. You see I can do more than one thing at a time, which is why I don't want Ebon Hawk merged with Harbinger. If they merge servers then merge with other RP servers. I do roleplay everywhere. I am not the type to sit/stand in a cantina and rp. I rp doing things.

But if you RP in instanced areas then your argument of people interfering with your RP was moot. :p

Anyway, shouldn't derail the thread.

I came back to the game this year after a long time away. I got my first character to 70 by enjoying as much of the content as I could. When I hit 70, I was introduced to GC. I very quickly realised that as someone who played for an hour or 2 each day, I had very little hope of gearing up at a decent pace. So I bought a few cartel packs, sold them and bought myself 246 mods. Once I did this. I had no intention of doing the GC grind.

So I levelled another character to 70, one to 50 and one to 30ish. Won't take me long to get them to 70 as well.

Yesterday I gave the dailies a try. I have never had a reason to quest on Yavin before. I actually had a blast. The missions are not to bad. Fast paced with very little downtime time between objectives. But best of all, I did this with my first character who was on 20 GC. I saw players from both factions, planted a flag on a republic base for an achievement (that I didn't know existed) and explored a planet I hadn't visited before. After 5 hours of playing, I have gone up 25 GC levels, bought CXP boosts and renewed my sub for a couple more months. Hopefully this boost stays in some shape or form.

You may not have intended to reward this much CXP but here's why you should keep it:

Almost no one does these dailies anymore until this happened, and suddenly all of these planets are full of people actively playing the game again instead of sitting on the fleet filling chat with garbage out of boredom (because the dailies do not award enough CXP previously to make them worth the time). Seriously, these areas haven't been this active since they were launched. They were ghost towns before because they do not award enough CXP to make them worth doing... until now!

You've finally hit a number that encourages people to play your content! Why would you change that to make these areas ghost towns again?

It's late enough in the 5.0/CXP expansion that this really isn't hurting anyone. It's doing what you've been trying to do (and failing to get right) in effort to get people actively playing and leveling/gearing alts. Again, you guys don't seem to understand where the line between "worth it" and "punishing" is... and I'm telling you that nerfing these will put you back into "punishing" territory such that these activities won't be worth doing anymore.

Why would you want to do something that makes people LESS encouraged to play your content? Especially when there is precious little of it coming out, and that which is coming out is buggy, laggy, and not worth repeating on multiple characters? This IS worth repeating on multiple characters. And people are doing it. Why would you want to stop that momentum?

I can understand adjusting it down a little bit (though I think it's only HUGE because of the CXP event right now), but I don't think you should adjust it much or it will go right back to the state it was in before this happened. Why not let us have a huge CXP boost and really catch up our characters so that we can play more of the end game content?

I just don't understand why this is such a bad thing that needs to be nerfed. I'd rather see you spend your time/effort fixing the NUMEROUS bugs that are going on since 5.4 that are making the game nearly unplayable for some people (certainly unenjoyable)... not the ones that are encouraging people to actually play the game MORE.

It's backwards.

Thats right! Don't fix it!!!

Hey all,

---Keith

Just don't log out in section x or you can lose all your light/dark points...

I play way too much this game and out of my 18 alts, I have none at 300 yet.

The current pace with the "bug" and the bonus makes the pill easier to swallow for one maybe 2 toons.

Do what you want but the peepz on the forums pointed the way to keeping the players paying the game subscription.

Every time something happens to make the game actually active again Bioware tries to fix it.

Bioware: Oh **** guys Iokath is giving too much CXP! fix it! so our brand new area will be a ghost town again!

They run double CXP events and see a drastic change is players actually doing things in the game. Then after a week drop it back to the boring grind fest and everything becomes a ghosttown again just like it will next week.

How about getting a clue and making a permanent adjustment to cxp since you are not smart enough to remove this god awful GC to begin with. It doesn't have to be the same rate of cxp but at least buff it permanently give people the motivation to do things.

---Keith

It would be awesome if other 'lost' areas of the game get mixed in, too... I've only recently (been playing since 4.0) discovered areas of DK because of a reddit comment that led to a friend showing me a good dozen missions there I never knew existed.

Exploration missions, Planetary story arcs, the non-GSF on rails combat thing I've heard of (still not tried), etc could all use a good week event-type push where they rain CXP and get people to try them n.n

How about getting a clue and making a permanent adjustment to cxp since you are not smart enough to remove this god awful GC to begin with. It doesn't have to be the same rate of cxp but at least buff it permanently give people the motivation to do things.

I'm sure insulting the devs will get them to hop right to it. Don't be so rude.

On topic - I do hope they'll keep the increased CXP rates. I even find myself looking forward to gaining the next CXP rank, when before, with the reduced/normal rates, I could care less. It boosts player participation, turns former ghost towns into bustling quest areas... Please keep it, devs! :) It's good for the game.

Edited by Jagaimee

Thanks for the response, Keith. It has had a positive effect, so it would be great if you can capitalize on it. You are correct, that leveling up alts is a part of the pain. I do think adjusting the legacy CXP bonus to 100% or 50% per level 300 character in the legacy would also be a big help on top of some increased mission rates.

IT'S A TRAP! I did Section X and Czerka. Then I went to Fleet to buy something from the Light-side vendor. That's when I noticed my Alignment had reset. I asked in General and several people told me it's a bug for doing Section X.

OMG I was Light 5 before that. :eek: