Legacy Powers

RevanKnight

Get a Sith Inquisitor to L50. That would unlock the Legacy Ability. Pay lots of credits to purchase the ability.

Then to use it you must activate your Heroic ability (not sure exactely but each class has a special ability) and while this ability is active, you can use the Legacy abilities.

NOTE: the Heroic ability does not last long and can only be used when you have a companion so it is not like your characters are going to be using Force Lightining all the time. This also limits it in that you cannot use in in WarZones, Operations, or full groups of players.

First you have to unlock your legacy - for that, at least one character has to complete Act I of their class story (after Alderaan, around level 30-34).

Open your legacy tab - default hotkey is Y, or the button in the upper menu. You will see "Imperial classes" and "Republic classes" sections. In each, there is one pane for each of the four classes, and the class-related stuff you can unlock.

For each class story that you complete up until act III, you get a signature power that all other characters in your legacy can use: dirty kick for smugglers, lightning for inquisitors, and so on. Alternatively, I believe you can unlock the ability by paying credits - you need to raise your Legacy to a certain level for this.

Get a Sith Inquisitor to L50. That would unlock the Legacy Ability. Pay lots of credits to purchase the ability.

Was it a error that I got it for just having a LVL 50 Sith Inquisitor? I havent had to pay for any of my unlocks myself, dont know about other people though.

Was it a error that I got it for just having a LVL 50 Sith Inquisitor? I havent had to pay for any of my unlocks myself, dont know about other people though.

no, you dont have to pay for it. some options you either level up say a species or just buy the race.

So then the people complaining about having to pay just haven't reached proper legacy levels and are slightly confused on things?

Some things HAVE to be paid for -- such as the starship upgrades. But all the species and class bonuses can be unlocked through playing to a certain point.