Loot etiquette, or "Should I pass something to a player that my companion can use?"

So what is the opinion of you guys when it comes to this?

Was just in a group as a Commando with two Shadows. Shadow #1 had Qyzen out as an offtank, I was healing, and we were pretty much zerging.

The loot that dropped throughout the FP were as follows:

Artifact Lightsaber (Wis)

Artifact Light Chest (Wis)

Artifact Heavy Chest (Aim)

Prototype Heavy Boots (Aim)

One shadow won all of it. Loot-whoring aside, what is your personal opinion on taking gear for companions over an upgrade from another player?

The fact that you have to ask this question says enough. How many levels of selfish do you have to be to need on something for your companion that would be an upgrade for one of the players in your group?

I tend to agree. Perhaps not with the selfish, but generally PC needs outweigh NPC needs

Devils Advocate : considering that a companion is a big part of your game: In effect, they are what allows us to be role specialized and still quest/solo without Bioware making things super easy.

I would suggest that the above is a fair statement.

If you intend to do that, you must ( MUST! ) indicate it before you start working to the objective. That way everyone's on the level.

The fact that you have to ask this question says enough. How many levels of selfish do you have to be to need on something for your companion that would be an upgrade for one of the players in your group?

How selfish do you need to be to assume you deserve loot because it happens to be for your character's class instead of rolling against someone else who will use their companion (and therefore be an upgrade to the player) in 99% of the game?

The game isn't all about endgame anymore, and companions are useful to players who use them.

There is a special circle in hell for people who need on gear for companions, when a player needs it. Because this will lead to people needing on EVERY ITEM THAT DROPS. Why? Because you have multiple companions that use nearly every type of item in the game.

So, yeah, anyone who does this should probably be prepared to not find a group anymore in the long run. Thank god we have no LFG **** like WoW does.