Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Alacrity and madness


iamnoobplzhelp's Avatar


iamnoobplzhelp
01.30.2012 , 05:54 PM | #1
What's the point? All of the dots are insta-cast (if done right). The two non-channeled lightning abilities are insta-cast (if done right). The only channeled ability is force lightning. Is there a point to having alacrity?

I'm trying to stack crit/surge, but all the damn PVP,PVE gear stacks power/alacrity! It drives me crazy! Thankfully I have so many duplicate PVP pieces that I can pull out the correct mods, but why am I FORCED to stack power/alacrity?

Alacrity SUCKS! Just means you burn through force faster!
Server: Mask of Nihilus
Main: 50 Madness Sorcerer - Build
Guild: Noobz (We are recruiting!)

evileeyore's Avatar


evileeyore
01.30.2012 , 11:11 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by iamnoobplzhelp View Post
Is there a point to having alacrity?

Nope. Crit stack for the win!

paul_preib's Avatar


paul_preib
01.31.2012 , 12:02 AM | #3
The combination of the amount needed to make a bonafide difference coupled with the number of insta-casts (be they actual like shock or procced) make it about the weakest stat that will still show up on sorc gear).


If they uncapped that 10 second timer for the insta-proc off of force lightning I could see some use to it, beyond that not a fan in any of the dps combinations, surge, crit, and power are all of sufficient value that I don't want to waste my time on even more stats to diffuse my attentions.

BossChow's Avatar


BossChow
01.31.2012 , 12:50 AM | #4
There are 140 rating Power + Surge enhancements that drop from raids get these and get rid of alacrity. Even for full lightning spec alacrity is simply to inefficient.

Daellia's Avatar


Daellia
01.31.2012 , 01:20 AM | #5
Quote:
If they uncapped that 10 second timer for the insta-proc off of force lightning I could see some use to it, beyond that not a fan in any of the dps combinations, surge, crit, and power are all of sufficient value that I don't want to waste my time on even more stats to diffuse my attentions.
If you're referring to the Wrath proc, it's the only of the 3 major Sorc procs (Lightning Storm, Lightning Barrage, and Wrath) that doesn't have a 10-second ICD.
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

LordArioc's Avatar


LordArioc
01.31.2012 , 11:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BossChow View Post
There are 140 rating Power + Surge enhancements that drop from raids get these and get rid of alacrity. Even for full lightning spec alacrity is simply to inefficient.
I want these so bad. Is it the schema that drops or the enhancement itself?

DuhCiq's Avatar


DuhCiq
01.31.2012 , 12:24 PM | #7
do dots tick faster with more alacrity, if yes there is a point to it, if no just no
Give Wings To My Triumph!

Daellia's Avatar


Daellia
01.31.2012 , 12:30 PM | #8
Quote:
do dots tick faster with more alacrity, if yes there is a point to it, if no just no
They do not.
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

iamnoobplzhelp's Avatar


iamnoobplzhelp
01.31.2012 , 01:41 PM | #9
Yeah, I am sick of alacrity. Why does all the PVP/PVE gear stack alacrity? I end up putting in my lower level mods just so I don't have Alacrity
Server: Mask of Nihilus
Main: 50 Madness Sorcerer - Build
Guild: Noobz (We are recruiting!)

Biggrouse's Avatar


Biggrouse
01.31.2012 , 01:54 PM | #10
alacrity is somewhat useful for madness, since it reduces the channel time of force lightning