Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alacrity for warrior?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Alacrity for warrior?

Simulacrums
04.15.2013 , 06:29 PM | #1
The partisan vindicators generator has alacrity on it, does it do something else in 2.0 now? is it good for pvp juggs?

TheronFett
04.16.2013 , 01:53 AM | #2
No. Just...no.

Never_Hesitate
04.16.2013 , 02:18 AM | #3
not even ravage is affected by alacrity, I hate bw for putting this ****** stat on all my tank equip.
I still use all my rank 61 enhancements because all the rank 69 equip that dropped for me so far had 72 alacrity on it
waiting for ...

abokado
04.16.2013 , 04:52 PM | #4
I was wondering about that too.. Ran TfB today, got two black market pieces.. with alcrity and crit. I wanted to cry but I pretended to be happy in front of my guildmates. What the heck am I supposed to do with that ****!? I don't have any need for it and I'm better off with my campaign stuff, but if this terrible stuff continues to drop I'm gonna be all "geared" up in **** and my raidmates are surely gonna notice that my dps is getting worse. Bah. And I don't even have the right to roll for the tokens if I get that crap. Soo annoyed.

Katashifuto
04.17.2013 , 09:34 PM | #5
Alacrity does effect all warrior your abilities by reducing the cast/channel time and reducing the global cool down. That being said it is still not a very desirable stat especially if you are a tank (the tanking gear is loaded with it which is a major problem since it is hard enough to get your defensive stats where they need to be without loading your gear with useless stats). It takes way too much of it to make a noticeable difference. There are much better stats that you could get.

Ridickilis
04.18.2013 , 09:45 AM | #6
Just thought I'd drop this here. I don't really have an opinion on it yet as I haven't tried any alacrity yet but here is what the Dev's had to say about the changes.

Developer Update: Jedi Knight Class Changes

Quote:
Alacrity Improvements: One of the big changes to combat systems is the way that Alacrity works. Prior to this update, Alacrity came with a tradeoff for some classes, and it was nearly useless to other classes. The faster you attacked, the more resources you would spend, and that only worked if you had channeled abilities or abilities with activation times.

Now, Alacrity will increase the activation speed of all abilities, including instants. We havenít just shortened the global cooldown, either. When activating any ability quicker, its animation will also play quicker. This makes some attacks look and sound very cool. Furthermore, Alacrity increases resource regeneration by the same rate, helping you to recuperate resources more quickly as you spend them more quickly. For Knights and Warriors specifically, attacking faster means generating resources faster. Now more Alacrity is strictly a good thing.

Delta_V
04.18.2013 , 10:23 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
Just thought I'd drop this here. I don't really have an opinion on it yet as I haven't tried any alacrity yet but here is what the Dev's had to say about the changes.

Developer Update: Jedi Knight Class Changes
I'd like to point out that this quote is taken from the first section of the article, which is just an overview of the general changes made in 2.0 - that section is not meant to reflect the specific class being featured. The exact same thing was posted in the Agent/Smuggler feature the other day.

That said, they wanted to make it a useful stat for all classes, but at least for Knight/Warrior, they failed horribly.

Never_Hesitate
04.18.2013 , 10:28 AM | #8
I still don't really get how I should build more rage with alacrity.
Does my auto hit build an additional rage when I have 3000 alacrity or do I build 1.12 rage now?
waiting for ...

Ridickilis
04.18.2013 , 10:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Delta_V View Post
I'd like to point out that this quote is taken from the first section of the article, which is just an overview of the general changes made in 2.0 - that section is not meant to reflect the specific class being featured.
Yes, true. However I thought it was relevant when they mentioned the Knight and Warrior specifically at the end of the second paragraph. They made it sound like our abilities hit faster, animations were faster and rage building faster. Again, I haven't tested any alacrity so I can't say one way or the other.

I wonder if a tank that generates one rage every three seconds (talented) when attacked, having say 10% alacrity would mean generating rage every 2.7 seconds, or something to that effect? Or something more lame like lowering your GCD by .1/.2 means after 8-15 attacks you will generate one more attack than you would without alacrity therefore giving you 'more rage'. If that's case, I'd say it's useless.

Drevv
04.20.2013 , 10:21 AM | #10
When I burn Berserk as Carnage I go through rage faster then a fat kids eats a cake. "Well put some strikes in there" some may say. "NO" is my reply. The changes to Berserk for Carnage is a negative. I'd rather get more Massacre's off overall with a full bar of rage then zip through it in 3 seconds and ultimately do less damage with a full rage bar. If they aren't going to fix Berserk and Alacrity then increase how much rage we can have in our rage bar.