Will Scourge be romancable? What are the chances?

LordBraidenbach

So I know Scourge is coming back, but I could find only theories and wishes about the romance. What are the chances?

I also read somewhere that the developers are keeping in mind that we want a Scourge romance, but I cannot find that neither lol.

I don't know, I want to keep the expectations low but...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I know Scourge is coming back, but I could find only theories and wishes about the romance. What are the chances?

I also read somewhere that the developers are keeping in mind that we want a Scourge romance, but I cannot find that neither lol.

I don't know, I want to keep the expectations low but...

If you can successfully romance him, that would be a HUGE lore-break.

As I Understand It: He's essentially immortal (in the sense of not aging rather than being immune to death), but the price for that was that he lost the ability to feel that kind of emotion. Or something like that.

I may be wrong, and they might decide to ignore the lore-break aspect, but that's my take on it, anyway.

Charles' 'interest noted' forum comment regarding Lord Scourge romance.

The Voice Actor for Lord Scourge himself, Joseph Gatt, has also hinted at/unofficially confirmed a romance on Twitter, if you read the full thread there.

And overall there are a lot of rumors right now that it is in fact happening. Can't really say more than that but there are strong indicators combined with the above.

If you can successfully romance him, that would be a HUGE lore-break.

As I Understand It: He's essentially immortal (in the sense of not aging rather than being immune to death), but the price for that was that he lost the ability to feel that kind of emotion. Or something like that.

I may be wrong, and they might decide to ignore the lore-break aspect, but that's my take on it, anyway.

They've kinda contradicted themselves a bit...between what you get in the novel vs what you get in the game. In the "Revan" novel, the description of the ritual shows that Scourge doesn't loose the ability to feel. The ritual left him in so much continuous pain, that his body compensated, basically disconnecting him from feeling anything to keep him from going insane.

That being said, Scourge mentions in the JK conversations, that he cannot feel emotion. So yeah...contradiction.

However, Sith feed off emotions...using it as fuel for their strength in battle. Without emotion, he would essentially be a Jedi...or a completely inept Sith. Which...makes no sense, because he's more powerful than the Knight when confronted for the first time. And he also mentions feeling things like hate, and "harnessing one's passions".

Yeah...so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I HC that he may not have much of a sense of taste, touch, smell, etc etc...or that those senses have been severely dulled...and as a result, his ability to feel emotions that are connected to those senses is also dulled...but it is still there in some form.

Edited by Dracofish

I don't know about romance ... but I would like a death option. He's had that coming since he killed the Exile and backstabbed Revan.

pretty much what I want too . Bastard killed the exile!

Also rather insulting to make arcann and Scourge romancable , but not kaliyo . Thanx BW ! Your caring is very touching :mad:

They've kinda contradicted themselves a bit...between what you get in the novel vs what you get in the game. In the "Revan" novel, the description of the ritual shows that Scourge doesn't loose the ability to feel. The ritual left him in so much continuous pain, that his body compensated, basically disconnecting him from feeling anything to keep him from going insane.

That being said, Scourge mentions in the JK conversations, that he cannot feel emotion. So yeah...contradiction.

However, Sith feed off emotions...using it as fuel for their strength in battle. Without emotion, he would essentially be a Jedi...or a completely inept Sith. Which...makes no sense, because he's more powerful than the Knight when confronted for the first time. And he also mentions feeling things like hate, and "harnessing one's passions".

Yeah...so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I HC that he may not have much of a sense of taste, touch, smell, etc etc...or that those senses have been severely dulled...and as a result, his ability to feel emotions that are connected to those senses is also dulled...but it is still there in some form.

I listened to some leaked audio between Male Knight and Scourge on Tumblr. Scourge states he can finally feel after the fall of Vitiate. Along with the leaked audio there are some flirty options.

I listened to some leaked audio between Male Knight and Scourge on Tumblr. Scourge states he can finally feel after the fall of Vitiate. Along with the leaked audio there are some flirty options.

Be careful...it's content that was obtained in a fashion that shall not be named. ;)

Answering my question what the chances are...

It isn't official of course, just a theory (funny to use this term because I'm not into fan theories lol) but based on everything I have read so far (checked twitter an tumblr too) I think it's a 80% chance for some kind of a Scourge romance.

I understand why many ppl don't like him, but I know just as many do... My female JK still has this "After all this time? Always." kind of secret big crush on him.

For me, Doc was kind of a joke, but she had this chemistry with Scourge.

pretty much what I want too . Bastard killed the exile!

Also rather insulting to make arcann and Scourge romancable , but not kaliyo . Thanx BW ! Your caring is very touching :mad:

My agent romanced Kaliyo. And he re-romanced her.

Sub-note: it's worth running that one one time (or watching it on YT) because it is *so* different from the other reunions in KotFE/ET.

Sub-sub-note: Yes, I'm aware that that wasn't what you meant. Shrug.

• 3 weeks later...
If Lord Scourge will be a romance option, would be fair to make Zenith a romance option too.Don't get me wrong, i don't like the dude at all, he annoyed me all class story, but since Jedi Consular class unlocks the twilek species would be nice for a female twilek JC to have a same-species partner/lover/husband.

All I can say is.. he got the blessing/curse of the most potent force user of this universe (who didnt turn into an abomination, because there is stronger entities in the legend universe still), and I have a very hard time believing that undoing a massive feat of force such as immortality would be reversible in any other way than quite literally cutting your head off your shoulders, if even that would work. Just imagine what crazy feat it was in a first place to make someone immortal, by the strongest entity in the current presence.

I enjoy Scourge a lot, he is no doubt my favorite companion character in the game and I am looking forward to his return the most, but I dont want his bizarre situation to be too easily reversed exactly because of the impossibility of his current status even being possible. It'd feel like cheating to me.

Great and terrifying feats and effects of force have never been something you could simply undo, and more often than not if an individual would acquire or be affected by such character altering force corruption they would be physically and mentally changed forever, some to so extreme extent you wouldn't recognize them afterwards. And as a lore nerd, I really dont want to break that pattern for a few faps sakes.

It'd be the same as wanting to cure Abeloth because she was sexy once upon a time, chances of that ever being realistically possible would make anyone shake their heads.

Edited by Kiesu

I hope Scourge is romanceable because he is so much better than the Female Knights option for romance. But i would hope it is more than a quick scene like Arcann's was. Though Arcann's was very sweet.

All else fails I will just wait for theran to show up when I do more female knights.

I hope Scourge is romanceable because he is so much better than the Female Knights option for romance. But i would hope it is more than a quick scene like Arcann's was. Though Arcann's was very sweet.

All else fails I will just wait for theran to show up when I do more female knights.

I've always just gone with it...there's so much there already it's easy to read between the lines. Scourge and my Knight have been together since the end of the class story!. :D

Edited by Dracofish

I don't know about romance ... but I would like a death option. He's had that coming since he killed the Exile and backstabbed Revan.

Why would any of our characters kill him for that?

He did all that over 300 years ago, to people we barely know or who tried to kill us.