New invite waves for 12.16.11

Kieven

Can you here me EA or Bioware 50 € more if u let me play now!

I need to forget my reallife.......:D

I got burned twice.... I got the CE, but not a Pre-Order code. I was not too worried - since there has been no MMO to date that required us to enter the pre-order code early... I was not too concerned about the pre-order code... until I get a notification that Bioware and EA changed the way they changed early access. Early Access is now a week early and was dependent upon when you enter your pre-order code. I got so nervous I bought a digital deluxe edition to enter a pre-order code. For me, entering the game is more important than fluff of the CE... and now I am screwed. I have yet to enter the game... and effectively bought the game twice.

Nothing else to do... but hope I get in. Anyhow, here is my take on the situation... after a few hours of sleep and rest:

Until recently there was NO indication that putting in Pre-Order codes early will give a player earlier access. In my original post, the MAIN reason why I was not too concerned about pre-order codes is... NO WHERE DID IT MENTION THAT EARLY ACCESS WILL BE DETERMINED BY DATE YOU ENTER THE PRE-ORDER CODES. Only recently did this become public knowledge. Previous EA MMOs and other American based MMOs have done a 5 day early access and it does not matter if you entered a pre-order code on day 1 versus the minute you gained access.

As a result, from my point of view, I have 5 days of early access... this is 5 days of early access... I was expecting just to put in my code and enter a queue and start playing.

As of right now, I am not playing 5 days early (there is still hope, I guess). I did enter a pre-order code WEEKS ago - Dec 7th - but I have yet to enter the game ... or be allowed to enter the game. Why is that? Sure I did not get the pre-order codes from Gamestop earlier... BUT, if I would have KNOWN that it was important back in July... I would have been more proactive.

The bottom line is FAIRNESS. We all would like to be treated fair. Is this fair? No where did it explain that Bioware or EA would form a line based on time entering a pre-order code. Previous experience from previous EA games told me that is not an issue. Previous MMO launches have also taught me that is not the case. In fact, no one here knew that would be the situation until a few weeks ago when it was posted on the website. Which, ironically, if you put in the pre-order codes that same day (upon seeing and hearing that you need to stand in line) ... you are STILL not playing the game.

Here I am, I did not know entering the pre-order codes early or late would cause me NOT to play early.... I am not in the game because.... I was treated unfairly. At least, that is how I FEEL. Was I treated unfairly? If this was real life, and we were at a movie... there would be a physical line to enter a movie theatre. I would see the line forming, even if the movie threatre did not tell me to get in line. Is it the movie threatre's fault that I did not get a good seat - because there were people ahead of me? NO. However, this is the problem... this game does not have a physical or virtual indicator. In July, August, September, or October I did not see a line or indication of this line. Only in Late November, early December there was an indication.

Now here is another point of view. I joined with a guild. We are encouraged to play with friends. However, this new system is counter intuitive. The guild leader and myself have not entered the game. As a result, we are not able to play with our friends already in game. My guild leader is not able to give access to let other people join or try to recruit... so our guild is being discriminated and loosing potential new recruits. Of course, we dont mass recruit - but finding a gem in the rough is always nice. Now we need to hope that those gems are not taken by people who had the luck to put the pre-order code earlier than us. Likewise, not everyone was able to enter the guild before it quit... so we have a few peeps who are guild-less and not able to enter our guild because the guild leader is not in. Our healers don't have tanks... so why bother playing with your friends if this system is promoting a line that we can not play together with?

Most of my guild are about level 20... so who do I get to play with when I hit Black Talon or Hammer Station? I also work and wont return for 14 more hours and I have yet to be invited... so... yeah.... some of them might be 30... and I will be lucky to be level 1 within 14 hours. Play with your friends, Bioware... HA HA HA jokes on us!

I got burned twice.... I got the CE, but not a Pre-Order code. I was not too worried - since there has been no MMO to date that required us to enter the pre-order code early... I was not too concerned about the pre-order code... until I get a notification that Bioware and EA changed the way they changed early access. Early Access is now a week early and was dependent upon when you enter your pre-order code. I got so nervous I bought a digital deluxe edition to enter a pre-order code. For me, entering the game is more important than fluff of the CE... and now I am screwed. I have yet to enter the game... and effectively bought the game twice.

Nothing else to do... but hope I get in. Anyhow, here is my take on the situation... after a few hours of sleep and rest:

Until recently there was NO indication that putting in Pre-Order codes early will give a player earlier access. In my original post, the MAIN reason why I was not too concerned about pre-order codes is... NO WHERE DID IT MENTION THAT EARLY ACCESS WILL BE DETERMINED BY DATE YOU ENTER THE PRE-ORDER CODES. Only recently did this become public knowledge. Previous EA MMOs and other American based MMOs have done a 5 day early access and it does not matter if you entered a pre-order code on day 1 versus the minute you gained access.

As a result, from my point of view, I have 5 days of early access... this is 5 days of early access... I was expecting just to put in my code and enter a queue and start playing.

As of right now, I am not playing 5 days early (there is still hope, I guess). I did enter a pre-order code WEEKS ago - Dec 7th - but I have yet to enter the game ... or be allowed to enter the game. Why is that? Sure I did not get the pre-order codes from Gamestop earlier... BUT, if I would have KNOWN that it was important back in July... I would have been more proactive.

The bottom line is FAIRNESS. We all would like to be treated fair. Is this fair? No where did it explain that Bioware or EA would form a line based on time entering a pre-order code. Previous experience from previous EA games told me that is not an issue. Previous MMO launches have also taught me that is not the case. In fact, no one here knew that would be the situation until a few weeks ago when it was posted on the website. Which, ironically, if you put in the pre-order codes that same day (upon seeing and hearing that you need to stand in line) ... you are STILL not playing the game.

Here I am, I did not know entering the pre-order codes early or late would cause me NOT to play early.... I am not in the game because.... I was treated unfairly. At least, that is how I FEEL. Was I treated unfairly? If this was real life, and we were at a movie... there would be a physical line to enter a movie theatre. I would see the line forming, even if the movie threatre did not tell me to get in line. Is it the movie threatre's fault that I did not get a good seat - because there were people ahead of me? NO. However, this is the problem... this game does not have a physical or virtual indicator. In July, August, September, or October I did not see a line or indication of this line. Only in Late November, early December there was an indication.

Now here is another point of view. I joined with a guild. We are encouraged to play with friends. However, this new system is counter intuitive. The guild leader and myself have not entered the game. As a result, we are not able to play with our friends already in game. My guild leader is not able to give access to let other people join or try to recruit... so our guild is being discriminated and loosing potential new recruits. Of course, we dont mass recruit - but finding a gem in the rough is always nice. Now we need to hope that those gems are not taken by people who had the luck to put the pre-order code earlier than us. Likewise, not everyone was able to enter the guild before it quit... so we have a few peeps who are guild-less and not able to enter our guild because the guild leader is not in. Our healers don't have tanks... so why bother playing with your friends if this system is promoting a line that we can not play together with?

Most of my guild are about level 20... so who do I get to play with when I hit Black Talon or Hammer Station? I also work and wont return for 14 more hours and I have yet to be invited... so... yeah.... some of them might be 30... and I will be lucky to be level 1 within 14 hours. Play with your friends, Bioware... HA HA HA jokes on us!

Did not read way to big post is this youre life story ?

From seeing how things went yesterday. This my guess. Just a guess. They stopped with Dec 7th. Not sure if it was half the day or what. This is what I am thinking.

Wave 1: Rest of Dec 7th if any are left, first half of Dec 8th.

Wave 2: Rest of Dec 8th, part of Dec 9th.

Wave 3: Rest of Dec 9th, part of Dec 10th.

Wave 4: Rest of Dec 10th, part of the 11th.

Bonus wave is any: The rest spaced like above.

This is going off what was seen from yesterday as soon as December was hit. Seems a lot of people myself included got screwed over in Pre Access codes from retailers. Biggest one being Gamestop. Then they finally got there code the week of Dec 5th. While the actual number of pre orders are low, the redemption of the codes are very high spike like the first two days of July. This is just my opinion on the waves.

Hey I hope I am wrong. I ordered and paid in full my game in early October. Took Gamestop their sweet a** time to get me code. I had called them like three times also. Finally I get the email from them on Dec 12th. This is after I went down to the store I purchased from, on Dec 8th put in my code and got listed as Dec 9th. I am hoping everyone gets in today.