2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

JimG

no they tend to raise rent every year.... but if something is broken they fix it!!! so that is kinda like getting new stuff B^P

and also for my "anniversary" at my job i get a raise every year and they buy me lunch so poo on you i guess

You didn't prove anything. You pay for a service, you get the service. Asking for more is the exact definition of entitlement. No wonder they called everyone after gen Y the entitlement generation.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the rewards are a bit underwhelming to say the least. It would have been nice to see that Bio really did care about the people who are pumping money in by subs and the CM.

I'm one of those people, but I've resigned myself to the fact that we don't really matter beyond digits in the EA bank accounts, because that is capitalism foks, the system we all wanted before it started to die. On the plus side with all the alts I'm leveling I have a load of fireworks to shoot off on New Years Eve. If anyone fancies joining me to light up the skies of dark old Drumond Kaas you will be most welcome.

Welcome home.....

I don't see it as getting a free item. I see it as a form of celebration. A celebration that BioWare doesn't seem to really appreciate. The SWG example was a good one, it showed you just how much it meant to the developers.

That's how I see it. I look at is a measurement of how much BioWare themselves appreciate the two year mark. To me they really don't seem that excited.

^^This. This is the issue. If I gave my wife a free sponge as her 2 year wedding anniversary gift, I'd be a thoughtless jerk because I would be showing just how little care or thought I was putting into our celebration.

But yeah... everyone have fun with your limited stack of fireworks... and don't forget to buy your hypercrates of gambling packs. Also, your subscription is due.

Ouch dude, you just bruised my heart with that truth.

Edited by Elfa

^^This. This is the issue. If I gave my wife a free sponge as her 2 year wedding anniversary gift, I'd be a thoughtless jerk because I would be showing just how little care or thought I was putting into our celebration.

Ouch dude, you just bruised my heart with that truth.

I don't see how a sponge is the same quality as fireworks.

True, the sponge actually performs a function and is re-usable.

Unless your Wife loves sponges, fireworks would be a better gift because women love to lay and watch fireworks go off while snuggling with their sweetums.

So in this case Fireworks would be a better gift than a 2 dollar sponge from wal-mart.

Unless your Wife loves sponges, fireworks would be a better gift because women love to lay and watch fireworks go off while snuggling with their sweetums.

So in this case Fireworks would be a better gift than a 2 dollar sponge from wal-mart.

My wife hates fireworks so your blanket statement is incorrect. We can go back and forth all day on this but its obvious you are happy with the free gift and I find it underwhelming. Let's agree to disagree.

You didn't prove anything. You pay for a service, you get the service. Asking for more is the exact definition of entitlement. No wonder they called everyone after gen Y the entitlement generation.

who said i was trying to prove anything?? you asked a question i answered it. also im not a part of the Y generation sorry.

if i pay my rent i expect my home to be complete and running. so why is it bioware expects us to pay rent in an incomplete bug ridden game?

i cant tell if you are a 12 year old kid or just some old fogy troll. ever hear of the term "its the thought that counts"? see if you buy your wife a sponge for her 2nd anniversary she will be upset because you didn't put much thought into it. much like the reuse of fireworks in game bioware didn't put any thought into it so us "the wife's" are upset.... no hanky panky for you tonight bioware!!

who said i was trying to prove anything?? you asked a question i answered it. also im not a part of the Y generation sorry.

if i pay my rent i expect my home to be complete and running. so why is it bioware expects us to pay rent in an incomplete bug ridden game?

i cant tell if you are a 12 year old kid or just some old fogy troll. ever hear of the term "its the thought that counts"? see if you buy your wife a sponge for her 2nd anniversary she will be upset because you didn't put much thought into it. much like the reuse of fireworks in game bioware didn't put any thought into it so us "the wife's" are upset.... no hanky panky for you tonight bioware!!

The fact you are using present for my wife and equating it to Star Wars is so absurd that this isn't even a conversation.

entitlement

ɪnˈtʌɪt(ə)lmənt/Submit

noun

the fact of having a right to something.

FYI, asking for more is NOT entitlement.

It's obvious that you use the entitlement card because you can't think of a better argument. Asking for more does not mean that person is entitled for more. It simply means that they may not be satisfied with what they got when they ask for more. If someone kindly asks you for some more cake at a birthday party you'd be the kind of person who would go YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO MORE CAKE.

However if someone said "give me some more cake, i am entitled to it, i have a right to have more cake" then obviously you can call them entitled because the cake is only a gift

And I supposing asking for more bug fixes makes someone seem they are entitled? YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ASK FOR BUG FIXES STOP BEING GREEDY.

the amount of uneducated children on these forums is too damn high!

Edited by Rileysoph

The fact you are using present for my wife and equating it to Star Wars is so absurd that this isn't even a conversation.

umm they are both anniversaries so it kinda fits and that's what other people were referring to. i just tried to explain it in a different way. so its not so absurd really. or maybe it is a cultural thing and that's why you don't understand.

umm they are both anniversaries so it kinda fits and that's what other people were referring to. i just tried to explain it in a different way. so its not so absurd really. or maybe it is a cultural thing and that's why you don't understand.

if i were you i'd just report him and then block him otherwise you might get an infraction. some people on these forums can be very defensive of this game and will ridicule you.

I am not being negative at all.

Here is people like you: So, you get a free rotten cheese burger. But, you should be glad you got something for free and sthu. You want to live in a sub-par world with "free" things...enjoy the mediocrity.

Free doesn't me good, worthy, or quality. Just because something is "free" doesn't mean it is worth a crap.

here is an analogy.

1) Promoting a average product with average quality and putting average effort into it expecting people who pay a monthly fee for this average product to be happy with table scraps.

or

2) Pushing your staff to do the best and be the best at everything they do making a superior and quality product which everyone can be proud of in so doing making the consumer and most of all subscribers amazed and happy in all things.

Which one do you think Bioware is with SWTOR heh? With "rewards" and "celebrations" like this it's obvious it is not the second one. I would be embarrassed to work at Bioware to be honest. Face it buddy, if this game didn't have the Star Wars logo and lightsabers with Sith and Jedi in it, it would have died LONG AGO.

You either DO SOMETHING RIGHT....or don't bother!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

entitlement

ɪnˈtʌɪt(ə)lmənt/Submit

noun

the fact of having a right to something.

FYI, asking for more is NOT entitlement.

It's obvious that you use the entitlement card because you can't think of a better argument. Asking for more does not mean that person is entitled for more. It simply means that they may not be satisfied with what they got when they ask for more. If someone kindly asks you for some more cake at a birthday party you'd be the kind of person who would go YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO MORE CAKE.

However if someone said "give me some more cake, i am entitled to it, i have a right to have more cake" then obviously you can call them entitled because the cake is only a gift

And I supposing asking for more bug fixes makes someone seem they are entitled? YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ASK FOR BUG FIXES STOP BEING GREEDY.

the amount of uneducated children on these forums is too damn high!

Asking for MORE "free stuff" just because you are a sub is the EXACT definition of entitlement. You do not have a right to anything more than what is described in the TOS. What is even more ridiculous is when people say they are being treated unfairly. IF you are, you have the right to leave but you are not entitled to anything more than what you are given.

Don't like it? Cry some more.

Lol. And way to leave part of the definition out:

: the feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something (such as special privileges)

Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/entitlement

Edited by Arkerus

Asking for MORE "free stuff" just because you are a sub is the EXACT definition of entitlement. You do not have a right to anything more than what is described in the TOS. What is even more ridiculous is when people say they are being treated unfairly. IF you are, you have the right to leave but you are not entitled to anything more than what you are given.

: the feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something (such as special privileges)

Fact.

I love it that people wanted Cartel Coins as gifts for the 2nd anniversary.

Brings back summertime memories of people feeling "slapped in the face" for getting Cartel Coins as an appreciation gift and discussions about how acting like a complete cretin when someone gives you a gift you don't like is the "right and honest thing to do".

The SWTOR community...

The SWTOR community never changes.

Clearly the point flew straight over your head.

For "subscriber appreciation" gift...you know...for the people who pay money and support the game, just giving them cartel coins was completely lazy. It was probably thought up in 2 minutes, it's completely underwhelming for them to have given us virtual currency. A lot of people agreed that having an actual item...something that had time and effort from bioware into making it, would have been much better.

Like that person said before, you'd probably be happy that someone gave you a rotten cheese burger "bubub-b-b-b-bbut its a gift! i'm not complaining! you don't like your rotten cheese burger?? omg so entitled! it's a gift!"

Clearly you don't know the meaning of quality, effort or respect.

You're right, SWTOR community never changes. :rolleyes:

Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/entitlement

Asking for some more stuff does not mean you think you deserve it. I can ask someone for more cake, it doesn't mean i think i deserve more cake.

Theres a difference between asking and demanding. Demanding = entitlement. Asking = not entitlement.

I've just won this argument. You can go back to daycare now. :rolleyes:

Edited by Rileysoph

Asking for some more stuff does not mean you think you deserve it. I can ask someone for more cake, it doesn't mean i think i deserve more cake.

I've just won this argument. You can go back to daycare now. :rolleyes:

The definition is right there. Read it and weep.

No amount of putting your hands over your eyes and going "nana boo boo" will make it go away.

Edited by Arkerus

The definition is right there. Read it and weep.

the feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something (such as special privileges)

I would like to have some more cake, even though I don't think I deserve more cake. = not entitlement

I want more cake, give me the free cake now, i demand more cake = entitlement

Cry more? You're going nowhere with this.

Edited by Rileysoph

I would like to have some more cake, even though I don't think I deserve more cake. = not entitlement

I want more cake, give me the free cake now, i demand more cake = entitlement

Except for the fact that this thread is all about "The cake you have given me isn't good enough. Give me a better cake."

That's entitlement.