Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

DEVELOPERS PLEASE HELP - Account Retrieval IMPOSSIBLE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
DEVELOPERS PLEASE HELP - Account Retrieval IMPOSSIBLE

Slinglock's Avatar


Slinglock
06.21.2019 , 07:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
To be a little fair, I've told people on the phone that my supervisor will say the exact same thing I've told them, however I will absolutely transfer the person to my supervisor (who, yes, tells them the exact same thing I told them) ... sooooo yeah. They still should have transferred the OP to a supervisor.
I agree with that, I've worked for Verizon and I understand the tactic. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow, but for now, I'm a bit burnt out. Also, that requires the representative to actually transfer me and I can't force that if they have no intention of doing so.

Joonbeams's Avatar


Joonbeams
06.22.2019 , 04:46 AM | #12
Do you have a security key tied to the account? I'm assuming you don't or else you'd be able to change your email yourself without access to the previous email account (unless you also lost the password). But I figured I would ask just in case.

Another idea is to try and see if you can recreate the deleted Google account using the same email handle - then ask for a push of the reset instructions to that email?

Just a couple thoughts....

Slinglock's Avatar


Slinglock
06.22.2019 , 06:03 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Joonbeams View Post
Do you have a security key tied to the account? I'm assuming you don't or else you'd be able to change your email yourself without access to the previous email account (unless you also lost the password). But I figured I would ask just in case.

Another idea is to try and see if you can recreate the deleted Google account using the same email handle - then ask for a push of the reset instructions to that email?

Just a couple thoughts....
I did have a security key at one point, but I've long since removed it.

I've attempted to recreate the account but it says that there's already an account with that name - when I go to sign in with that account it says that the account was not found. It's just gone.

Werronious's Avatar


Werronious
06.22.2019 , 09:32 AM | #14
swtor does not have customer support, you cant call it that way, they even cant restore some cheap items that you lost and you want your acc back, you can pray to gods and you will not get your acc back.

Worst customer support in games.

Gl but but writing to them is like writing to a brick wall.

denisdenizg's Avatar


denisdenizg
06.22.2019 , 10:07 AM | #15
Lets be honest here... You lost your password, you lost your email, you dont have security key... Its no wonder that CS wont retrieve account, because by any means you cant prove its yours to begin with...

lightSaberAddiCt's Avatar


lightSaberAddiCt
06.22.2019 , 10:11 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Slinglock View Post
What happened was that there was 24 months of inactivity on the account, an e-mail was sent to my secondary e-mail address informing me of the potential for the account to be deactivated, but I either misread it or thought nothing of it at the time. I have since e-mailed Google in attempts to recover my account, and here's what was said verbatim:

"Hello,

Thank you for reaching out about difficulties accessing your Google account.

We've looked into your request, but unfortunately, we can only restore access to a deleted Google Account if the request is made within a relatively short period of time. It seems that your request was filed after this window closed, and your account has already been permanently deleted. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

You can create a new Google Account.

Regards,

The Google Team"

Google didn't do anything wrong, per se, it was my own inattention to detail that caused the issue and I take responsibility for that. I simply find it hard to believe that verification through e-mail is the only way to "confirm my identity".
Wow that sucks! I never heard of that before, but thanks for the info. Can't you remake the email address that you had before since they deleted it? Or did someone use your email after it was deleted? Does google let you register the same email after it has been deleted?

Also, have your tried to PM Musco about it?
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
06.22.2019 , 11:09 AM | #17
To be fair, you have to understand that you could just be a scammer that's trying to steal someone else's account. So, CS has to request certain information and has certain security procedures they will stick to.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Slinglock's Avatar


Slinglock
06.22.2019 , 01:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
Wow that sucks! I never heard of that before, but thanks for the info. Can't you remake the email address that you had before since they deleted it? Or did someone use your email after it was deleted? Does google let you register the same email after it has been deleted?

Also, have your tried to PM Musco about it?
What happens is that the account gets deactivated. Essentially, nobody has access to it, Google included, and nobody can use that address again. It basically becomes a dead e-mail address lost to the ether.

Also no, I'm not familiar with Musco, can you elaborate on that?

Slinglock's Avatar


Slinglock
06.22.2019 , 01:28 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
To be fair, you have to understand that you could just be a scammer that's trying to steal someone else's account. So, CS has to request certain information and has certain security procedures they will stick to.
I fully understand that. Not only is the e-mail address in question my full legal name, but I've provided my Driver's License to confirm my identity as well as an image of myself holding my Driver's License. Perhaps referencing the attachments contained in this EA forum post would better illustrate my point.

Slinglock's Avatar


Slinglock
06.22.2019 , 01:34 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by denisdenizg View Post
Lets be honest here... You lost your password, you lost your email, you dont have security key... Its no wonder that CS wont retrieve account, because by any means you cant prove its yours to begin with...
This simply isn't true. I know my password to both my SWTOR account and the deleted email account. I've explained the issues with the e-mail account already, and I have done this before in the past back when Customer Service was still through BioWare (I had used a company e-mail address I no longer had access to). They had made the exception then by confirming my subscription information (card on file), but it seems that since Customer Service has been outsourced, EA's policies make it so that access to the e-mail address is the "only way of confirming" my identity.