This staggered release is not fair at all.

Chuckskyline

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy was I ever excited to open my inbox this morning and find the notification of the Early Access acceptance there. As awesome as it may be I remembered that it's Tuesday today, I have the whole work week ahead of me. Plus, with my wife working nights Mon-Thu I am usually on kid duty in the evenings. It's not fair that I can't play all this time! :D

It's completely fair.

The only problem I have with it is is that it alienates friends/guild mates from each other.

For example a bunch of my friends are in already, whereas I doubt I will get in at all today. Obviously they aren't going to wait for me, and I don't expect them to, but it really sucks that we will all be staggered in levels until 50. Some of us may even end up leveling alone completely.

I don't think there is really a better way to do early access if it has to be in waves though, so whatever. Allowing everyone in at once probably would have been fine considering a lot of people may be at work or school or whatever.

Oh well. Hopefully I will get in around the same time as someone I know.

Edited by Hypernetic

lol i can picture the OP rolling around on the floor in the supermarket like a toddler...

I preordered on sept 1st but i sure as hell dont blame BW its my own silly fault for not preordering first day.

I see the sense of entitlement on trhe boards is as strong as ever

First of all THIS IS NOT RELEASE!! This is early access. So we are not entitled to even get a chance to play the game at all until 12/20/11 which is the release date, so declaring this unfair for the to decide who, and how many of us get in during early access is completely incorrect.

Nothing in life is fair. A lesson you should take to heart. Just sayin'

Seriously though. I was on the fence and was not even gonna buy this game until I got in the beta and played it. It would be far more unfair if I got in before folks who plunked their investment into the game long before I did.

Yes, so let's let EVERYONE on at once, crash the servers and then no one plays at all! It's early release, they didn't have to do this at all. It's not to be fair, it's to make sure they don't break everything day one.

Rift did 750k preorders day one. Swtor had 20k preorders 7/21. They only let half in the first wave. You do the math.

I've got to be honest I'm happy to wait considering the alternative is to be unhappy and wait the same length of time. The only thing that bothers me is that being in the UK, the only option to get the CE was GAME, who sent the pre-access codes a lot later, but c'est la vie right? :o

It's completely fair.

The only problem I have with it is is that it alienates friends/guild mates from each other.

For example a bunch of my friends are in already, whereas I doubt I will get in at all today. Obviously they aren't going to wait for me, and I don't expect them to, but it really sucks that we will all be staggered in levels until 50. Some of us may even end up leveling alone completely.

I don't there is really a better way to do early access if it has to be in waves though, so whatever. Allowing everyone in at once probably would have been fine considering a lot of people may be at work or school or whatever.

Oh well. Hopefully I will get in around the same time as someone I know.

Quite simply, the game is best played with friends. Once your guildies have their legacy names down, there really is no reason for them to not help you level (up to their point), so as that you can all proceed from there. There is no server first on level 50. And sure it may be slightly boring, but its absolutely magical to do those quests the first time with friends (primarily the fun in talking about the game in vent/ts while participating in a group convo).

Lol no... First come first served. Those that have faith in game should get in first, aka those that pre-ordered first

Problem with that is, not all that ordered first got codes first. Best Buy had problems with taking months to get people preorder codes, so peopel who did shell out the extra 70 bucks for the CE STILL don't get in any earlier even though they did preorder early.

I think if they'd let everyone that pre-ordered choose one character name through some kind of web portal, people would be a bit calmer. I didn't know back in July that the earlier you ordered, the earlier you'd play, and I'm concerned more about not getting the char name I always use than I am about levelling.

Lets all think logically here for a second..

What bioware is doing is complete unfair, and discrimination.

Think about it..

If you ordered first day, you get in first, get the first choice on names/servers.

How is it fair that someone who spent the same amount of money as you, a day later gets in a day later?

How is that fair to someone who ordered a day later and spent 100$ more than you and doesn't get to play?

To be honest. It is not.

I think the staggered release is stupid... and unfair.

People who pre-ordered the game day one, could put only a dollar on the game.. and get to play.. and never play again and essentially get the game for free (for a week) before anyone else gets the chance to play? when people who have paid in full a day later don't get in?

I am in favor of having it open the 20th.. and that is it. Despite when you pre-ordered.

Or make it completely random. Day oners and yesterdayers get the same chance.

-just saying.

How is it fair that my friend and I shop at the same store everyday and drop the same amount of money into the store but they ran out of game ____ by the time I got there? How is it fair that just because I arrived at the ice cream man later and I had the same money as other people they were out of my flavor? You know the saying. The early bird gets the worm.

So the jerk who buys that nice shiny apple first should have to put it back and roll dice with you to see who gets it? After all, you both paid the same amount of money!

You realize this sort of thing happens every day. People who get there first get things first.

it wouldnt be fair if they staggered the game on the 20th. But no this is early access, they technically didnt have to do this, this is an extra feature if i must say so stop feeling like your entitled, everyone wants to play as bad as you do, and no amount of whining about it will change what will be best for the servers

Double checked:

1.Go to http://www.swtor.com/preorder/code.

2.Click "Register your Pre-Order" (You will be prompted to log in or create a Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ account if needed).

3.Enter and confirm your Pre-Order Code when prompted.

4.Complete your redemption.

5.You will be notified by email of your Early Game Access time at a later date.

Absolutely no mention of fair.

What bioware is doing is complete unfair, and discrimination.

Think about it..

If you ordered first day, you get in first, get the first choice on names/servers.

How is it fair that someone who spent the same amount of money as you, a day later gets in a day later?

How is that fair to someone who ordered a day later and spent 100$ more than you and doesn't get to play?

To be honest. It is not.

I think the staggered release is stupid... and unfair.

People who pre-ordered the game day one, could put only a dollar on the game.. and get to play.. and never play again and essentially get the game for free (for a week) before anyone else gets the chance to play? when people who have paid in full a day later don't get in?

I am in favor of having it open the 20th.. and that is it. Despite when you pre-ordered.

Or make it completely random. Day oners and yesterdayers get the same chance.

-just saying.

So since I payed the same amount as you at Disneyland I get to skip you in line for the cotton candy right? If it bothers you that much, wait til the 20th and play then