Any chance a balance pass is in order? (Companions and Heroic Moment OP)

PulseRazor

I not seeing it. Then I running them around lv 10 when I hit the actual chapters of the Xpac. They are getting chunked. Even T-7. I could kick up their influence but I was curious to see how they would do with old comps level. It isn't ever time but strongs tend to put them over their need and spank them. Until you kick their influence up a bit. Also took Treek on some lowbie Hr2s in Taris. She almost got killed once. Here I thought some said they were Superman. Guess some of the critters have Kryptonite.

Played for a while after hearing these claims; not seeing it. Hyperbole. Only thing I see: tank stance, comps will not break CC, and heal stance they may actually heal more rather than plinking at an enemy most of the time.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lying needs to stop.

The companions are not gods. This is just false info spreading by some of the level sync haters out of spite. Nothing to see here.

It's not just hte anto-level-sync folks. Ask Max, I'm probably one of the biggest pro-sync (and pro-mandatory) folks posting, and even I think that BW overshot the mark with companion power. I dont' think they need to detune much; and I'd live with the current power level if the option wa sto go back to the old one, but, yeah, they are a little OP. And I don't even have anyone past the L10 Influence level, or more than 3 class stories complete (though I do have most of the Presence 'crons).

Played for a while after hearing these claims; not seeing it. Hyperbole. Only thing I see: tank stance, comps will not break CC, and heal stance they may actually heal more rather than plinking at an enemy most of the time.

The heal cooldowns are shorter than before. Before your companion started plinking away because they had all their heals on cooldown or debuff lockout so the only option for the AI was to attack or stun. With the reduced cooldowns, they can basically chain cast their heals continuously whereas before they could not.

It's not just hte anto-level-sync folks. Ask Max, I'm probably one of the biggest pro-sync (and pro-mandatory) folks posting, and even I think that BW overshot the mark with companion power. I dont' think they need to detune much; and I'd live with the current power level if the option wa sto go back to the old one, but, yeah, they are a little OP. And I don't even have anyone past the L10 Influence level, or more than 3 class stories complete (though I do have most of the Presence 'crons).

IanArgent and I have argued a lot about levelsync, from opposite sides.

I do find it amusing that there are a handful of posters so puckered in reaction to any criticism of Bioware or the 4.0 changes that they'd start trying to merge their bugbears, coming up with imaginary "haters" that they can try to condemn and drive out...

I do find it amusing that there are a handful of posters so puckered in reaction to any criticism of Bioware or the 4.0 changes that they'd start trying to merge their bugbears, coming up with imaginary "haters" that they can try to condemn and drive out...

Thing is a lot of people agree that comps are a little over the top (although I personally don't see it as an issue), but there are those among us that also aren't naive and know what will happen if the companions get a "balance pass". This reaction isn't blind defense of BW, as much as some of you would like it to be.

Depressingly, that's human nature.

I would even go so far as to say that, in the long term, they do need to fix this. But they need to go about it carefully and thoughtfully, or you end up with an overreaction. I've seen that happen a lot in balancing in online games, and, frankly, BW's track record in balancing PvE doesn't fill me with joy.

Depressingly, that's human nature.

I would even go so far as to say that, in the long term, they do need to fix this. But they need to go about it carefully and thoughtfully, or you end up with an overreaction. I've seen that happen a lot in balancing in online games, and, frankly, BW's track record in balancing PvE doesn't fill me with joy.

That's what most of us who want comps fixed desire. I don't appreciate some other users acting like we want to ruin the game or that we should just play without comps. That's both stupid and illogical. If BioWare does it right then comps would still be pretty strong and able to actually help. I know they don't have the best history when it comes to "balancing" things, but that doesn't mean it'll happen again.

They do need to fix this. Comps should be like playing with another player your level, not playing with a player ten levels higher than you.

Thing is a lot of people agree that comps are a little over the top (although I personally don't see it as an issue), but there are those among us that also aren't naive and know what will happen if the companions get a "balance pass". This reaction isn't blind defense of BW, as much as some of you would like it to be.

I don't think I was referring to your posts -- just a handful of others.

And I know exactly what you mean, I'm actually reluctant to see Bioware "balance" companions again right away, because their track record on "balance" changes is not one of nuance or caution. They'll go way overboard, and hammer the top end down to "about right" while making the low end result in fairly useless companions.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

By easier I think it's obvious I meant companions can still be strong. Just not solo FP bosses and heal like a God strong.

Hyperbolying to try and cover up a bad argument makes my teeth itch.

I've brought Forex to 250,000 affection, and have most presence bonuses available (missing some datacrons). There is no way he could solo a flashpoint boss. Doing 5600+ dps (which he can do -- I parsed it), he'll die before the boss is dead. Put him in heals, and his damage output plummets to the toilet and he'll never beat the enrage.

Now, the two of us could probably beat a flashpoint boss. But that's not anything new -- some players have been been able to do that since forever. I remember when one of the first players soloed Malgus in False Emperor on his Juggernaut. I think he was in Campaign gear?

That's what most of us who want comps fixed desire. I don't appreciate some other users acting like we want to ruin the game or that we should just play without comps. That's both stupid and illogical. If BioWare does it right then comps would still be pretty strong and able to actually help. I know they don't have the best history when it comes to "balancing" things, but that doesn't mean it'll happen again.

They do need to fix this. Comps should be like playing with another player your level, not playing with a player ten levels higher than you.

I don't appreciate a couple days in the game people crying nerf. At least give it a week. I completed the new chapters twice and unless you kicked their influence way up then they will get chunked. I ran at the 10 level like my old and I would trade them out for pre 4.0 companions in a heart beat.

Hyperbolying to try and cover up a bad argument makes my teeth itch.

I've brought Forex to 250,000 affection, and have most presence bonuses available (missing some datacrons). There is no way he could solo a flashpoint boss. Doing 5600+ dps (which he can do -- I parsed it), he'll die before the boss is dead. Put him in heals, and his damage output plummets to the toilet and he'll never beat the enrage.

Now, the two of us could probably beat a flashpoint boss. But that's not anything new -- some players have been been able to do that since forever. I remember when one of the first players soloed Malgus in False Emperor on his Juggernaut. I think he was in Campaign gear?

I did a FP with Corso and the solo droid and elites went down like normal mobs. Neither went below 10% health on any boss.

I did a FP with Corso and the solo droid and elites went down like normal mobs. Neither went below 10% health on any boss.

Wait, are you talking about SOLO-MODE FLASHPOINTS??? :rolleyes:

Now you're just being silly.

When 3.0 introduced Solo mode flashpoints, I brought an undergeared Commando through all 6 of them and dismissed BOTH the GSI droid AND my companion. I was able to solo all by myself, with no companion of any kind, most of the boss fights. Only a handful required pulling out my companion and they suddenly became easy.

Those fights are HARDLY the metric to use for challenge.

Edited by Khevar