Sniper in pvp

trousersnake

Well, I'll just throw this out...

I seen some lvl50 Sniper PvP vid where he supposedly owned and then at the end of Alderaan WZ the charts were like this:

Sniper: 190k damage

Sorc: 150k damage, 130k healing

Considering that this PvP video was surely the "better" WZ for the Sniper guy, I'd say Sorc looks quite more powerful.

Also, currently the whine is strong with Sorcs, expect a sudden nerfbat, you must.

I find Sniper extremely fun in PvP wth a fair chance against everything, though I struggled with Assassins and Shadows. I can't compare it to anything else in any other MMO because no MMO has a cover system which the Sniper class is built around.

Also no one video or result proves anything, though like Operative Sorcerer does have the ability to heal as well as DPS.

Edited by Rhelex

I consider sniper pretty strong in PvP, its just the cover dance can be annoying sometimes, and they're really in a small niche as far as roles for the team go.

Sniper in PvP is pretty much astounding DPS and decent CC, but the trade is that you lack utility compared to other classes. With that in mind, being useful as a sniper definately depends on the player, as the way you'l best contribute to the team is pretty much cutting down any enemies of significant importance (Think Healers and very strong DPS).

Kill em quickly, efficently, and communicate with your team, and they'l probably love you. If you dont, well its the reason why snipers weren't favored in PvP during the beta, as that lack of utility means if you cant do that atleast, what else are you good for?

Plus its always entertaining to CC a close range enemy, Set probe and Laze on them, then press ambush and crit them, while all they can do is watch their hp drain (Assuming you were smart enough to make sure they wasted their break-away skill).

Just going to say now though, an Op can deliver amazing DPS too, its just they wont have bit of extra safety range affords, but they do have more utility.

IA as a whole is fairly strong in PvP, atleast from what I've experienced during my time in the beta (both high level and low).