Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

For all the secrecy around the sub appreciation announcement...500CC is a bit, how do you say, underwhelming? I do understand that something is better than nothing, but come on...they can do better than that. If this was the idea all along, they should have just said so. Throw us a unique class weapon...mount...companion skin. But 500CC? :confused:

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, wait. This was specifically done to address the issue that subscribers don't feel all that special compared to FtP or Premium players. Is this a one time grant, or will subscribers now get 1000 Cartel coins a month? If there will be a permanent CC increase, and prices in the shop stay as they are, then I say that is certainly a very generous and effective way to show your appreciation to your customers.

If not, I can't help but think that this whole think was kind of rushed together.

The pack that is 160 is the one I was talking about and that you confirmed just now. Is there a pack worth 160? Yes? Then my information is accurate. I never said ALL packs are 160. I suggest you understand what people are talking about before you correct them.

You said Packs not pack which means more than one. It would have been one thing to say pack but you said packs. There is a difference.

Your words not mine:

Packs are 160 each. It's like 3 free packs

Are you always so defensive when you respond to posts especially when I also stated I had no problems with the cartel coins?

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Well, I don't really mind that the appreciation is only 500 CC, since I sub the game because I like it rather then get some free stuff.

BUT, what I mind, is this one day gift thing. Seriously, it's summer. I will head out for a big LARP Event starting Saturday the 20th and won't return till Sunday the 28th. What's the answer if that gift releases during that week? I am a loyal subscriber since launch, but I won't just look while you make such a stupid decision.

Also, the CM stuff is really just lame at the moment. Instead of brining some things people have been asking for (Kel'dor/Nautolean/Any other race (And now don't give me "That's much work!" thing, that's what the devs are payed for, doing development work.) , Movie Lightsabers (Obi Wans Lightsaber, Lukes Lightsaber, Vaders Lightsaber and Co., or traditional Jedi robes or some Sith Armor (You know, maybe the dark set with bone things and torn cloth that Exar Kun wore in the Timeline Video, or the Jedi set Cay Qel-Dorma wore in the Timeline video.

Instead of giving us some of those famous outfits, you give us the Huttsbane and Turncoat stuff. I have yet to encounter a single person, be it Pve,PvP or RP that wears the Turncoat outfit.

Bioware, start getting serious please. Why not give us a title ("Loyalist" for example.), a Pet (Maybe one of the spacecraft series, but just a special one. How about a small capitol ship of our faction?) or even a very special Blaster/Lightsaber hilt. Please, start getting some ideas. That special item can't be much since it's only 10CC. What is it? Another Life day Orb?

With this, I want to say: Even if 500CC are a nice thought, I have nothing I'd really spend them on.

My feeling over this is a huge... *sigh*.

I love Star Wars, I love this game, I'm one of those nerds with the preorder bonuses and Collector's Edition and Security Key - I love the experience and the worlds and the LIGHTSABERS! I have never complained about not feeling appreciated, I'm kinda easy going that way, but I was disappointed to find out subscribers get nothing more than unlimited access to the game (and of the limitations put on f2p, only a few can't be remedied with in game credits). Cartel Coins might be a more meaningful gesture if they went farther for subscribers than for f2p - but as it is, we are just as milked for our money as they. There are no loyalty rewards or subscriber benefits in this game- nothing enduring or even noteworthy. Yes, I have played on friend's f2p account, and there are differences - but mere conveniences. For me, extra content isn't necessary; titles are next to meaningless - how to they affect gameplay? -pets are annoying and I'd likely turn it off- how many of us actually ever use our Party Jawa? We throw it in our bank and let it and all our 'perk' toys wither. Give us something that identifies us a loyal subscribers- people paying you money, not for a cartel pack or any other purchase, but because we have faith in you and want you to know we appreciate your game. Something subscriber only- not just coins to spend on stuff anyone can get. Weapons & crystals & mounts & outfits & character design options- things we can all see every second we are playing - that are not available to a f2p with credits to buy it off the Galactic Market.

TL : DR... I allowed myself to get excited over this potential appreciation... and suffered a huge disappointment. My fault, I know.

The pack that is 160 is the one I was talking about and that you confirmed just now. Is there a pack worth 160? Yes? Then my information is accurate. I never said ALL packs are 160. I suggest you understand what people are talking about before you correct them.

Do you always get so defensive when you are the one that made the mistake? You said packs which means more than one. You did not say pack which means one you said packs thereby sounding like it was more than one. So the person in the wrong is you by using the wrong wording. When it is one you use the singular form of the word and no one would think you meant more than one. When you use a plural form of a word it therefore leads anyone reading it to think you mean more than one.

So by what you state she was correct in thinking you meant more than one since you said packs (the plural form of pack).

Edited by ArielaKnight

KOTOR's 10th anniversary is 10 days from now and we have to save 10 coins...too coincidental!

:D

I agree. The 500 CCs seems like a free deal so that we can afford the 10 CC item when it comes. To me, the 10 CC item seems more like the appreciation gift.....course that's all depending on what it is. And the fact that TOR is 10 years old (holy moses..LMAO) on the 15th and the item is only 10 CC for 10 years...is far too coincidental to not be tied in with this.

Edited by blindxsecrets

My feeling over this is a huge... *sigh*.

I love Star Wars, I love this game, I'm one of those nerds with the preorder bonuses and Collector's Edition and Security Key - I love the experience and the worlds and the LIGHTSABERS! I have never complained about not feeling appreciated, I'm kinda easy going that way, but I was disappointed to find out subscribers get nothing more than unlimited access to the game (and of the limitations put on f2p, only a few can't be remedied with in game credits). Cartel Coins might be a more meaningful gesture if they went farther for subscribers than for f2p - but as it is, we are just as milked for our money as they. There are no loyalty rewards or subscriber benefits in this game- nothing enduring or even noteworthy. Yes, I have played on friend's f2p account, and there are differences - but mere conveniences. For me, extra content isn't necessary; titles are next to meaningless - how to they affect gameplay? -pets are annoying and I'd likely turn it off- how many of us actually ever use our Party Jawa? We throw it in our bank and let it and all our 'perk' toys wither. Give us something that identifies us a loyal subscribers- people paying you money, not for a cartel pack or any other purchase, but because we have faith in you and want you to know we appreciate your game. Something subscriber only- not just coins to spend on stuff anyone can get. Weapons & crystals & mounts & outfits & character design options- things we can all see every second we are playing - that are not available to a f2p with credits to buy it off the Galactic Market.

TL : DR... I allowed myself to get excited over this potential appreciation... and suffered a huge disappointment. My fault, I know.

Yep, if you were to look at other MMOs that have subscriptions but F2P, they offer loyalty rewards that ARE FAR better. That MMO is not as big as Bioware/EA but they sure know how to appreciate their loyal base. Sometimes when a company is big, they're the one that limits themselves in giving subscribers something that they'll appreciate. it's most likely they're greedy and want more money.

Giving out coins is another marketing tactic of Bioware to further promote Cartel Market. It should be obvious by now that not a lot of subscribers are loving the cartel market idea. You've see how many of us got ticked off when a story content is being put in the cartel market via the encrypted cubes. Why can't Bioware learn from this? With the plan to release Ewok as a cartel market item will further rage the loyal fanbase as it ruins the point of having a legacy level 40.

Do they really have to push everyone to quit the game because of the ridiculous tactic you're implementing?

Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric

Great...just perfect. At the end of next week I am headed out of town for 2 weeks and I won't be near my computer so I won't be able to log into the game and I won't be able to buy the item that is only available for ONE FREAKING DAY! You do know that some of us dedicated players actually also have lives outside of the game. Making this available for just one day is going to make a lot of people unhappy that either forget, don't know about, or physically can't log in on said day.

Do you always get so defensive when you are the one that made the mistake? You said packs which means more than one. You did not say pack which means one you said packs thereby sounding like it was more than one. So the person in the wrong is you by using the wrong wording. When it is one you use the singular form of the word and no one would think you meant more than one. When you use a plural form of a word it therefore leads anyone reading it to think you mean more than one.

So by what you state she was correct in thinking you meant more than one since you said packs (the plural form of pack).

And purchasing more than one at 160cc each implies PACKS. Quit being pedantic and argumentative.

Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric

Wait a minute, this isn't the fireworks is it?

I'm really looking forward to seeing how LACKLUSTER this "reward" is. Honestly, these guys at Bioware do NOT know how to reward subscribers at all. 500CC....yes, it's a start and the thought that counts, but obviously they couldn't think anything up (considering the forums are FULL of ideas) but free CC. :rolleyes:

After having spent 15 bucks a month the past year i'd say free 500cc is pretty underwhelming. And if this Cartel item that cost 10 cc is just some dumb emote, firework, or party jawa.....I will honestly be pretty pissed. Give us some armor that isn't ugly for once (think Darth Maul or Darth Talon), or a legacy offhand for only subscribers. (see...there is two idea's right there).

One other thing. Guild Wars 2 has events every single month and constant things going on in that game, yet it has no monthly fee. SWTOR has nothing monthly and events only every few months....but it is subscription based. Anyone else see a problem here? If I worked on SWTOR i'd be looking to Guild Wars 2 on how to run a game.

Edited by DarthVengeant