Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Arena target priority

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Arena target priority

DuHavok's Avatar


DuHavok
02.19.2019 , 07:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
As clearly demonstrated by this thread, yes there sure are. Combat is fluid and situational, but there are definitely a right and wrong approach to ranked.



And 9 out of 10 times that would be the wrong target. Not always, but most of the time.



You stun, slow, taunt, push etc. everything that is in a need of control. That is a given and different from focusing a specific target.



Maybe you should read some of them.
uff you are so wrong with everything you said.
„9 out of 10 times it would be the wrong target“. That’s so wrong and I can tell.
.stubenhockr
.pic
48° 46' 33.045" N 9° 10' 58.556" E

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
02.19.2019 , 08:54 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DuHavok View Post
uff you are so wrong with everything you said.
„9 out of 10 times it would be the wrong target“. That’s so wrong and I can tell.
Okay Captain Awesome, your insight is unrivaled.

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
02.19.2019 , 10:19 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Lets assume all 8 players are of equal experience and gear, and that nobody have any particular insight about someone being particular good or bad. As such I would say the general target priority is: PT, Jugg or Sniper, Sin, Sorc, Mara, Merc / Oper.
this is reasonable.

I think you have to consider your own grp comp as well, which is the real trick in yolo, cuz you have a random comp every pop.

e.g., I find snipers particularly troublesome on arsenal merc b/c they can effectively dodge white range attacks almost in perpetuum, and they can likewise ignore CC for large chunks of time. for the same reason, I like to melt the sin b/c I can cut right through his DCDs with white dmg. that's one piece off the board quickly.
Krack

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
02.19.2019 , 10:35 AM | #14
.....and then you have a sage that only pulls 5.3khps and their guy is doing 7.8khps... gg kthxbye.

... and a sniper that does 23k damage and gets insta-killed through guard lol

With friends like these, who needs enemies (And yes I was also the one taken most damage, so not free casting heh).

Sorry for derailing this!

DuHavok's Avatar


DuHavok
02.20.2019 , 12:25 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
.....and then you have a sage that only pulls 5.3khps and their guy is doing 7.8khps... gg kthxbye.

... and a sniper that does 23k damage and gets insta-killed through guard lol

With friends like these, who needs enemies (And yes I was also the one taken most damage, so not free casting heh).

Sorry for derailing this!
The fact that you only talk about numbers makes everything you say unrelevant. Krellton.
.stubenhockr
.pic
48° 46' 33.045" N 9° 10' 58.556" E

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
02.20.2019 , 02:01 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DuHavok View Post
The fact that you only talk about numbers makes everything you say unrelevant. Krellton.
You are clearly trying to bait me, so I welcome you to the ignore list - take care and get help.

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
02.20.2019 , 09:02 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DuHavok View Post
So many wall of texts..
If you call THAT a "wall of text", then The Odyssey and the Iliad will blow up your head. It was nice to see you !
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Zurules's Avatar


Zurules
02.20.2019 , 10:05 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DuHavok View Post
The fact that you only talk about numbers makes everything you say unrelevant. Krellton.

I would not say that numbers are completely irrelevant, but I do not value them that much either. However, if someones initial and main argument for saying someone is bad because they didn't do high dps/hps/prot numbers, then I agree with you that in most cases they are most likely not very smart when it comes to pvp.
All Galaxy Hybrid-Clicker Shadow

DavidAtkinson's Avatar


DavidAtkinson
02.20.2019 , 11:38 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Zurules View Post
I would not say that numbers are completely irrelevant, but I do not value them that much either. However, if someones initial and main argument for saying someone is bad because they didn't do high dps/hps/prot numbers, then I agree with you that in most cases they are most likely not very smart when it comes to pvp.
Well...

90% of the community considers someone bad because they were unable to do high dps/hps..... so there you have it.

WHY they were unable to do so.. is not relevant.

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
02.20.2019 , 11:50 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Zurules
I would not say that numbers are completely irrelevant, but I do not value them that much either. However, if someones initial and main argument for saying someone is bad because they didn't do high dps/hps/prot numbers, then I agree with you that in most cases they are most likely not very smart when it comes to pvp.
Numbers are frequently relevant, but they all have to be looked at together, and in context. For example: Player 1 took 5k dmg and did 100k dmg; Player 2 took 300k dmg and did 250k dmg. Player 1 was freecasting and still did much less dmg than Player 2. There are really only two complicating factors, cc and kiting/chasing. Perhaps the other team was very effectively ccing player 1, or maybe player 1 was forced to chase a certain enemy all over the map. Even still, the numbers can tell a big part of the story.

Numbers can also be misleading. Some players will not focus on the proper target at all, will just hit whatever is in front of them and rack up big numbers, but they were completely useless to the team.