Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It would take me 16 weeks to reach 258 for 1 character

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
It would take me 16 weeks to reach 258 for 1 character

TrixxieTriss
02.18.2019 , 02:49 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Balameb View Post

Edit: Forgot to add that you do not need to unlock ossus to do the PvP rotating weekly. All lvl 70 toon can grab that quest (today is last day and probably won't be back for another 6+ weeks) so do it on every pvp capable lvl 70 toon you have.
Yeah, but if you haven’t done the whole previous story chapters or by pass them straight to Ossus (not everyone wants BioWare generic companion choices), there is no way to get the crystals.

There really needs to be an exchange vendor on the fleet.

What’s even more stupid is they make the crystal bound per Alt and not legacy bound. The whole thing is just one big abortion of a system.

Edit: plus you need legend status to even buy the gear. You really have no choice but to grind pve dailies to get the rep, when all you want to do is pvp for the time you can play (which might only be an hour).
Playing pve eats into your pvp play time. That is one of my biggest gripe.

TrixxieTriss
02.18.2019 , 02:52 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxitrac View Post
I mean, this gear is only needed for the raiders going in to nim gods, otherwise you don’t really need it and it will take you more time it get it... it’s how his tier was designed, if you don’t do gods it’s slower to get.
That’s rubbish and you would know it if you were a full time pvper. If someone else of equal skills has better gear, than they are nearly guaranteed to beat you.

Maxitrac
02.18.2019 , 03:27 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
That’s rubbish and you would know it if you were a full time pvper. If someone else of equal skills has better gear, than they are nearly guaranteed to beat you.
Granted the PvP gearing system not having expertise makes it dumb, but bioware did say that this gear is intended for the non raiders, pvpers still have access to it just at a slower rate
I have found tho that the pvpers that grind this gear are still getting it and are mostly bis by now, the ones complaining are the ones that need to l2p
28/31 Nim/MM 5.0
<Paramount> | <Sniper Science> | <Lightning Masters> | <One Eighth>
https://lightningmasters-guild.enjin.com/sales

DavidAtkinson
02.18.2019 , 03:51 PM | #24
If you read what he said, he said he was only wanting to pvp, not do pve dailies, which is reasonable because we shouldn’t be forced to do pve so we can gear up for pvp.
No problem.. He needs to do the dailies weeklies on both team ranked and solo ranked he will earn the same amount of rep. Theoretically..

Lundorff
02.19.2019 , 02:18 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
No problem.. He needs to do the dailies weeklies on both team ranked and solo ranked he will earn the same amount of rep. Theoretically..
Narh, I will just stick to 248 and be done with it. Or go naked in protest

merovejec
02.19.2019 , 03:59 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
there's a weekly cap on one's legacy as per every other rep in the game. so...I guess it depends on what you want to buy.

still, it's worth doing the weeklies on as many alts as you can stomach just to pass gear/weapons to your main(s).

stockpiling rep tokens is w/e. you're going to do the same amount of work whether you do it all at once or week by week.

it's purely individual preference, but I like the swtor system for rep grinds and rewards much more than the wow system and the fact that rep gear in wow is useless by the time you unlock it or that it forces you to grind rep just to use the flying mount(s) you already own. then there's the whole thing in BFA where you have to grind rep just to access abilities in your gear that you'll trade up from before having the rep to unlock them...but I digress. heh.
I mean yes, there is the reputation cap and people could not have become full 258 (besides MH and OH) until you had the needed rep, but that was to be expected. Before you had NiM ops so when you defeated the bosses you got the gear and that could have been on day 1 so.... but that wasnt the gearing for PVPers.

I enjoyed this gearing system as it made me plan ahead the things I needed to do. I am a bit worries now about the possibility to get the Monumental crystal via solo ranked, if it wont attract people to farm it via SR instead of wiping on HM Queen.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

Sertar
02.19.2019 , 04:43 AM | #27
Yeah, but if you haven’t done the whole previous story chapters or by pass them straight to Ossus (not everyone wants BioWare generic companion choices), there is no way to get the crystals.
This is wrong. Every character can:
1. travel to Ossus
2. exchange components for crystals
3. get the event weekly quest (8 medals, story op, ...)
4. get the monumental data crystal weekly (SR/Queen HM)

For these you don‘t have to skip any story or „lose“ any companion.

Ossus story is needed for:
1. weekly: 10 dailies on Ossus (252 gear piece)
2. Masterwork data crystal weekly (TR/world bosses)
3. Flesh and Steel one time quest (252 MH/OH)

fabsus
02.19.2019 , 04:53 AM | #28
you don't need to play the story to travel to ossus.
you don't need to skip the story, to travel to ossus.

the rotational weekly quest CAN be a pvp quest. if it is,
just accept it, to increase your income of crystals.
you don't need to play the story, to accept that quest.
you don't need to skip the story, to accept that quest.
you just need to be level 70 and able to travel to ossus,
by having a personal ship.

the vendor for changing UC into crystals is free for all, too.
so you just need to travel to ossus, with a level 70 character.
there is no need to do any pve stuff, as long as you already
are having a personal ship.

you need around 10 weeks, to equip your main character with 258 on the left side*
*without bracers
just by playing pvp.

you can speed up equipping that character, by using alts, just to change UC to crystals.
you just would need legacy gear shells and some credits to take out armor, mods and enhc.
so it would take maximum 3 weeks each alt, to get a level 258 item. you can do that while
playing your main character.

the main- and offhand is another thing. here you would need to do it on your main,
because of the new crystals, you could get from playing pvp, too.
this would take another 4 weeks.

so in minimum 14 weeks, by using alts for gear you could send via legacy shells
and just playing pvp only with one main character, until you are fully equipped with BiS pvp gear,
including getting rid of accuracy.

is that much? yes.
when we had the pvp gear, it was 2 weeks.
(2x weekly and the daily quests each day).
Disclaimer: This is my opinion.
http://www.swtor.com/r/cyZhrF <--This is my Ref-Link. Feel free to ignore or benefit from it.

TrixxieTriss
02.19.2019 , 06:55 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Sertar View Post
This is wrong. Every character can:
1. travel to Ossus
2. exchange components for crystals
3. get the event weekly quest (8 medals, story op, ...)
4. get the monumental data crystal weekly (SR/Queen HM)

For these you don‘t have to skip any story or „lose“ any companion.

Ossus story is needed for:
1. weekly: 10 dailies on Ossus (252 gear piece)
2. Masterwork data crystal weekly (TR/world bosses)
3. Flesh and Steel one time quest (252 MH/OH)
How do you get to Ossus? The only way I’ve found is to start the mission chain because there is no flight point on the galaxy map if you haven’t been there.

Banderal
02.19.2019 , 06:59 AM | #30
How do you get to Ossus? The only way I’ve found is to start the mission chain because there is no flight point on the galaxy map if you haven’t been there.
I checked this out yesterday actually. Open your galaxy map and you can just travel there like any other planet. [Edit: location wise, to help you find it on the map, it's over by Voss, right-hand-side part of the map. ]

[2nd edit: Oh, I just realized you said you already checked the galaxy map. Hmm, then not sure. I got it on my galaxy map that opens from the menu at the top of the screen. I don't know if that's different from maybe if you open it from your ship console. Otherwise, I dunno. I haven't started any Ossus (or anything after the main level 1-50 story, actually) and I can get there no problem.]

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF