Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

why so much queshball, vandin, huttball and opg

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
why so much queshball, vandin, huttball and opg

Snarffles's Avatar


Snarffles
02.14.2019 , 08:53 PM | #1
so i get like 4 huttballs in a row, an opg or 3 and maybe, just maybe i see something else. WHY so much of these? AND I have to do pve to upgrade gear. They really do want me to finally unsub don't they. Anyone else having this issue?
Nycci & Bunny Slippers
Scrub Healer

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
02.14.2019 , 09:23 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Snarffles View Post
so i get like 4 huttballs in a row, an opg or 3 and maybe, just maybe i see something else. WHY so much of these? AND I have to do pve to upgrade gear. They really do want me to finally unsub don't they. Anyone else having this issue?
We all think it sucks, but the reason for lvl the HBs is because of 3 HB maps now.
They make up 1/3 of the number of WZ maps.
We had a 1 out 5 chance of HB (before quesh added)
Then a 2 out of 6 with quesh added
Now we have a 3 out of 9 since Vandin added.

Basically, you have a 1/3 chance of getting a HB map and a 1/9 chance in getting any other map.

TehStevo's Avatar


TehStevo
02.14.2019 , 10:14 PM | #3
Personally I'll take the Huttballs over the others. Yet if the complaint is too much Hutball, it could be worse. It could be 2011 as an Empire player on most servers. Practically Huttball all the time.
||STEVO||
PEAR/Sylkie

DavidAtkinson's Avatar


DavidAtkinson
02.14.2019 , 10:48 PM | #4
I quit every hutball I get and yes, I had times when I got 4 in a row...

There were times when I loved Hutball, but the maps got so bugged and full of dsync that I don't care anymore. For me it's either farm kills or quit. If they pass me the ball, I reset it... I totally dont care t.

Snarffles's Avatar


Snarffles
02.15.2019 , 12:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
We all think it sucks, but the reason for lvl the HBs is because of 3 HB maps now.
They make up 1/3 of the number of WZ maps.
We had a 1 out 5 chance of HB (before quesh added)
Then a 2 out of 6 with quesh added
Now we have a 3 out of 9 since Vandin added.

Basically, you have a 1/3 chance of getting a HB map and a 1/9 chance in getting any other map.
I see where you're coming from but:
Alderaan Civil War
Voidstar
Huttball
Novare Coast
Ancient Hypergates
Quesh Huttball
Odessen Proving Grounds
Yavin Ruins
Vandin
Tatooine Canyon
Orbital Station
Corellia Square
Makeb Mesa Arena
Rishi Cove

Playing with the guild, ive gotten 2 vandin pops a quesh pop and an opg. there should be a liitle bit more variety
Nycci & Bunny Slippers
Scrub Healer

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
02.15.2019 , 12:49 AM | #6
uh. that list is incredibley varied. outside of two vandin they look pretty much across the board unique and varied.

in fact if anything you should be complaining about 4s since you have 5 of them.

unkkii's Avatar


unkkii
02.15.2019 , 07:50 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
I quit every hutball I get and yes, I had times when I got 4 in a row...

There were times when I loved Hutball, but the maps got so bugged and full of dsync that I don't care anymore. For me it's either farm kills or quit. If they pass me the ball, I reset it... I totally dont care t.
This pretty much, huttball objective is irrelevant nowadays thanks to all desync & bug lag ****.

Balameb's Avatar


Balameb
02.15.2019 , 09:30 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Snarffles View Post
I see where you're coming from but:
Alderaan Civil War
Voidstar
Huttball
Novare Coast
Ancient Hypergates
Quesh Huttball
Odessen Proving Grounds
Yavin Ruins
Vandin
Tatooine Canyon
Orbital Station
Corellia Square
Makeb Mesa Arena
Rishi Cove

Playing with the guild, ive gotten 2 vandin pops a quesh pop and an opg. there should be a liitle bit more variety
Yes, there should be more variety.
But you are considering every Arena map individually as all other WZ maps. All arena maps counts as "Arena", not individually. And Arenas in 70s Regs are in the lowest priority, only when the queue finds very difficult to complete a warzone an Arena will pop.
So the count is:
Alderaan Civil War
Voidstar
Huttball
Novare Coast
Ancient Hypergates
Quesh Huttball
Odessen Proving Grounds
Yavin Ruins
Vandin

3/9 are Hutt ball maps. Very often i get the Galaxy Tour (each HB map, one after the other).
I don't hate Hutt ball, but the desync and people only farming makes for very bad experience.

I always wondered why BW never made a classic capture the Flag WZ. It probably would be as buggy as Vanding, but still would be interesting.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

Tiranea's Avatar


Tiranea
02.17.2019 , 01:45 PM | #9
Historically different maps of the same game mode didn't increase that mode's chance to pop. I also noticed that I was getting way too many Huttballs today, so I'm wondering if they accidentally reset it to pop more often with patch 5.10.1 (back to how it was in 5.9.3 basically).
My personal SWTOR Fan Blog: Going Commando

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
02.17.2019 , 03:22 PM | #10
There have been tons of posts and threads on this topic, particularly after the newest Huttball map was created. Basically they ramp up the pop rate on new maps every time they introduce them. OPG was never scaled back, and ever since it was introduced has popped more than any of the old maps.

I think it's to prove to upper management that "new content" is being played, if they make the new map pop 50% more than any other map, then theoretically more people will go through it than other maps.

It's the same thing they do with new additions like the conquest update and now the 5.10 gear grind. By funneling everyone into these activities the numbers show that the newly developed stuff is played.

It's not so much people enjoy doing them, players really have no choice unless they quit SWTOR.

If you stay playing SWTOR, you will choke down a crappier version of conquest, suffer through a boring repetitious grind in the new zone Ossus for new gears, and play non-stop Huttball matches because they pop so much more than other maps. None by real choice, forced circumstance I'd call it.

That's my theory on it anyway.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696