Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

this game is a joke.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
this game is a joke.

TrixxieTriss
02.14.2019 , 05:35 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
You didn't ask me ... but I've started playing ESO a bit. They now have battleground PvP (4v4 I think), which is similar in design to our maps here... capture and hold the fixed spots, capture a moving spot (OPG), capture the flag (huttball), deathmatch with respawn. You can sign up for "any random", or pick specific categories, deathmatch, flags, or hold-the-spots-on-the-map.

Their forums are full of the same stuff as here though... class balance is a mess, the company doesn't know what it's doing, blah blah. In my experience, that kind of stuff is in every forum for every game. Players seem similar too - big surprise I know. Sometimes you get a team that plays the game, and sometimes you get a team that runs around and just kills things.

One thing that's different is that it's 3 faction - so you are always against TWO other teams. Make some of the capture the flags interesting.

And then there's the full scale battle for land PvP - cyrodiil. I haven't dipped back into that yet, but the premise is really cool I think. It's a map with lots of keeps all over. Again, 3 factions. It runs for a number of days each time. I think it's mostly zerg-ish - you fight in large groups, and it's harder for 1 person to make a difference. It's more about group coordination and I think which faction has the cash to afford siege engines and keep repairs and stuff - just like real life!

Be warned though, in case this type of thing matters, a fresh download of ESO is 60 gig. Also they are a single mega-server per platform (so one for PC, one for x-box, etc.). I don't know how your ping would be from AU.

As far as non MMO games... I keep going back to oldies. I *love* the Vampire The Masquerade:Bloodlines game - I've played that over and over. It's a single-person-single-character RPG, kinda actionish, but the atmosphere is excellent. Or Jedi Knight: Academy is always a good replay. Another pair I picked up which were a pleasant surprise are a couple of Shadowrun games, Dragonfall and Hong Kong. Those are all available at gog.com (no, I don't work for gog.com ).

I've also recently stumbled on the Hit Man series. I dunno if I'll like it, but I plan on downloading HM: Absolution soon from Steam and giving it a go.
I tried ESO early on and didnít like the way it felt.
Iím so over medieval looking MMO games, why canít game companies make more space opera games with advanced tech.
They all seem to want to follow the D&D or Warcraft concept of Bowes, swords, horses, catapults and magic.
Where are the laser guns, space ships, electric swords... oh wait, thatís swtor
I wish game developers would make more Star Was like MMOs in stead of Camalot inspired MMOs.
I do like Gw2, but once again, itís medieval inspired and Iím over them all.
I tried ST online, but the characters are clunky in planet combat and only the space pvp is ok

Give me swtor 2 or some other space opera MMO and Iíll abondon this sinking ship.

Banderal
02.14.2019 , 06:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I tried ESO early on and didnít like the way it felt.
Iím so over medieval looking MMO games, why canít game companies make more space opera games with advanced tech.
They all seem to want to follow the D&D or Warcraft concept of Bowes, swords, horses, catapults and magic.
Where are the laser guns, space ships, electric swords... oh wait, thatís swtor
I wish game developers would make more Star Was like MMOs in stead of Camalot inspired MMOs.
I do like Gw2, but once again, itís medieval inspired and Iím over them all.
I tried ST online, but the characters are clunky in planet combat and only the space pvp is ok

Give me swtor 2 or some other space opera MMO and Iíll abondon this sinking ship.
Actually, I agree with that., and it's why I keep coming back to SWTOR. Although, the force is basically magic, and aren't we all swinging (light) sabers around? Half the mounts are even "fantasy animals" instead of vehicles. I dunno though, somehow it feels different anyway. I think the setting.

I wish they'd make a Shadowrun MMO. There was a Vampire MMO in the works that looked kinda cool, based on the White Wolf P&P stuff, but that got cancelled.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Lhancelot
02.14.2019 , 07:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
What do you play now instead?
I am not playing any games now, just forumquest here.

I tried WOW, I only can do it for really short periods of time it never sucks me in. I wish it did. There's just nothing out right now that I want to play.

I watch forums here, keep hoping some sort of divine intervention occurs where this game suddenly takes a total change in direction but it seems whatever is the worst thing that can happen happens now regarding design changes they make for SWTOR. I like alts, they do not. I like to PVP, they make gearing alts in PVP a chore.

The only thing left that I enjoy on this game that they have not ruined is the outfits, but I only enjoy making outfits between my PVP matches and when I create new alts. Everything they have done in the last few major patches has wrecked the way I enjoyed playing SWTOR.

I can't justify paying a sub just to make outfits.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

TehStevo
02.14.2019 , 10:20 PM | #14
This game kind of always been a joke. At least MMO wise and especially PvP. Though I do feel they didn't do bad on the warzone map designs. Huttball is actually pretty fun twist on typical capture the flag concept and I don't mind the other maps as well. Yet, stuff like taking ranked arenas serious in this game serious is a waste of time. Other games handle that type of deal much better.
||STEVO||
PEAR/Sylkie

TrixxieTriss
02.14.2019 , 11:51 PM | #15
Just been trying to do the uprisings for the first time and they are bugged as ****. No wonder no one does them.
This game really is becoming worse everytime they do something