Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The state of Solo Ranked and Season 11

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The state of Solo Ranked and Season 11

Lundorff
02.20.2019 , 01:42 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Agreed.

Also, BW would save themselves a ton of trouble gutting the ELO ranked system in favor of a wins/loss point system for rating. Imagine all the petitions they'd avoid complaining about wintraders etc.

I mean just from the standpoint of making their lives easier, they'd be smart to get rid of the present ELO system. It would alleviate player stress, and studio stress.
Totally. It would make ranked a lot more fun and not quite as stressful for new players. It would mean that someone like me could play sniper - a class I am oh so terrible at - without it messing with other peoples scores. Sure there would still be frustration, but certainly far less than now. It would also mean the people would play more (take a hint BW...), as the really dedicated no-livers would play hundred or even thousand of games to reach number 1 spot.

You might as well post your ideas on a personal blog for your own amusement tbh, because this studio isn't reading or considering anything the playerbase suggests.
Screaming in the wind

Lhancelot
02.20.2019 , 02:51 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Totally. It would make ranked a lot more fun and not quite as stressful for new players. It would mean that someone like me could play sniper - a class I am oh so terrible at - without it messing with other peoples scores. Sure there would still be frustration, but certainly far less than now. It would also mean the people would play more (take a hint BW...), as the really dedicated no-livers would play hundred or even thousand of games to reach number 1 spot.
That's my point too, if anything this would encourage players to participate in solo ranked. Thing is, there are ranked players who say the ELO is fine, "bw just needs to stop the cheating." I honestly don't think they can stop it.

It's been years and BW has proven they cannot stop the win trades/dropped matches etc. So when you got people complaining about the ELO system, yet at the same time saying it's fine I dunno.

Also, some people bring up that it would be unfair for those with less time to invest, because the players with more time to invest would reach the points needed for specific ratings while players with less time might not reach the points needed if they were too high.

Thing is, imo it should require some time to reach a high tier rating for the rewards. That's the problem, the players cheating found a way to reach top rating by win trading as low as 10 matches... Why make it so easy to cheat and manipulate?

Last time I tried solo ranked I couldn't even push one toon for more than a week because I had over half my matches either start with 3v4, or someone dropping from our team before it even began clearly for the benefit of someone on the other team. Add in the occasional manchild that rages when your team loses the first round and drops the match half way through it, well you get the picture. Solo ranked is total garbage now.

I once did ranked for rating and rewards, during the "Furious" event for ranked (not sure how long ago that was) and it was nothing like it was in 2018 my last time. Sure, you had ragers, but I didn't have nearly the amount of match quitters and other bad experiences then as I did most recently in ranked. All this did was reinforce that it's not worth my time or effort. I am sure I aint the only one that came to this conclusion with the present system of solo ranked.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

merovejec
02.21.2019 , 02:29 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by LinkinPein View Post
Let's not ignore the ''business'' behind Ranked either. People actually sell accounts with top 3 characters, what's more people actually buy them.
Yes, please dont forget this. They secure top spots for them, but also a few they give to specific people for his created accounts which he plans to sell.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

merovejec
02.21.2019 , 02:32 AM | #114
Gonna say it again, it's clear BW won't/can't investigate properly and eliminate cheating in ranked.
What you need to realize is that until now they were limited to investigate only the games done on the server which the toon was currently on. So if you have wintraded on some of the favourite servers like Tulak Hord or Darth Nihilus and then transfered to your main server then they wouldnt investigate those matches.

Now, they have eliminated this issue by introducing the rating reset when you transfer. HOWEVER, what they need to consider is the guys that just wanted to reach gold by doing 10 matches (gaining 2000 rating) and then losing till they were under 1200 so they could transfer.
Merovejec
Achievements 5.10 68130

Lhancelot
02.21.2019 , 11:02 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
What you need to realize is that until now they were limited to investigate only the games done on the server which the toon was currently on. So if you have wintraded on some of the favourite servers like Tulak Hord or Darth Nihilus and then transfered to your main server then they wouldnt investigate those matches.

Now, they have eliminated this issue by introducing the rating reset when you transfer. HOWEVER, what they need to consider is the guys that just wanted to reach gold by doing 10 matches (gaining 2000 rating) and then losing till they were under 1200 so they could transfer.
Yeah, thing is the cheaters just find loopholes in this system. BW has to be tired of having to "investigate" this crap. Make it a wins/loss point system then there's no longer a need to worry about all this complicated BS cheating that the players do for their coveted ELO.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

MandoMetal
02.23.2019 , 08:12 AM | #116
Very few veteran players would want to go to a "participation award" style win/loss points system... those who no-lifed it would just universally come out on top, seems worse than the ELO system by that fact alone.

ELO is mostly fine. Its not hard to get T1 in group ranked at this point if you can actually play your class.

If they limit how many bad players can queue it wouldn't be as hard for T1 solo ranked either, but it is still doable now...
- All-Galaxy Roleplayer

"I may be hetero bud... but I'll blast you with so much KappaPride, it'll make ur gendr spin"

merovejec
02.25.2019 , 06:27 AM | #117
So, @LinkinPein what did I tell you before about how they will go through the leaderboards?
Merovejec
Achievements 5.10 68130

Banderal
02.25.2019 , 06:41 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by MandoMetal View Post
If they limit how many bad players can queue...
I totally agree with this. Logically, there should only be 8 people battling it out for the top spot in solo ranked - the 8 best players. I mean, what are the rest of you even doing there? If you aren't at the top, go back to regs and git gud until you are one of the top 8.

And bioware could easily do this. They already have the hidden ELO in regs. Just make it so the "queue ranked" button only lights up if your hidden ELO is one of the top 8. There. I've solved all the problems in solo ranked. You can thank me with cartel coins.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

ace_boogie
02.25.2019 , 09:03 AM | #119
Wait... there’s a “Ranked Mafia”? Lmaoooo

Imagine being that invested in this game in 2019
Ksenia / Angie

LinkinPein
02.25.2019 , 09:30 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
So, @LinkinPein what did I tell you before about how they will go through the leaderboards?
There are about five names up there who haven't been touched, and they were among them most obvious individuals who should have been easy to pin-point. So I really have mixed feelings about BioWare at the moment.