#1 Rule of forums.

JasonThDi

I don't think anyone, other than me, knows the #1 Rule of the forums, that I believe is the #1 Rule of the forums. You can only post your referral link if it's in a signature. If you just post it as it is, you will have an infraction placed on your account, and will not be reversed. I'm just tired of people just breaking the rules. Any referral link I see that isn't in a signature, I will report you. You could try to report me, but I have done nothing wrong. Edited by JasonThDi

Latest official word on the matter so people have an accurate idea, instead of just going off of one guy's hissy fit:

[W]e are going to be lifting some of our forum restrictions around referral links. You are once again allowed to place your referral links in your signatures. However, keep in mind that if you are found to be "spamming" your link around the forums, you can still be actioned. Any type of link spam is not permitted and this includes your referral.

Easiest way to avoid 'spamming' the forums is to just not post the link anywhere outside of your signature. But "don't spam" is the actual rule in place (as far as they've announced).

I don't think anyone, other than me, knows the #1 Rule of the forums, that I believe is the #1 Rule of the forums. You can only post your referral link if it's in a signature. If you just post it as it is, you will have an infraction placed on your account, and will not be reversed. I'm just tired of people just breaking the rules. Any referral link I see that isn't in a signature, I will report you. You could try to report me, but I have done nothing wrong.

Stop snitching.... :cool:

Apparantly Bioware cares... and thus you should also care, since you could get banned for posting it.

That and the forums would be full of people constantly bumping their threads to ensure their referral remains on top. Not to mention posting the links in every imaginable section.

The fleet spam's bad enough already.

Apparantly Bioware cares... and thus you should also care, since you could get banned for posting it.

nope, the ops version of the rule is not biowares version as stated above, people like to make up restrictions and rules that dont exist

nope, the ops version of the rule is not biowares version as stated above, people like to make up restrictions and rules that dont exist

Biowares rule (and trust me, this has been explained to me in-depth by a moderator back when this was a hot topic, because I posted mine in a thread and got a warning) is that you may not post your referral link in any posts in the forums for any reason.

The only allowable way to display your referral link on the forums is in your signature.

You are not allowed to start a thread promoting your referral link.

You are not allowed to post in a thread with your referral link in the actual post.

You are not allowed to disguise your link as anything else either (fx. a youtube link).

Heck, he even said it is pretty much borderline to post in your message that you have a referral link in your signature (and in those cases they would make an individual call on whether or not it was constituting spamming your referral link)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Biowares rule (and trust me, this has been explained to me in-depth by a moderator back when this was a hot topic, because I posted mine in a thread and got a warning) is that you may not post your referral link in any posts in the forums for any reason.

The only allowable way to display your referral link on the forums is in your signature.

You are not allowed to start a thread promoting your referral link.

You are not allowed to post in a thread with your referral link in the actual post.

You are not allowed to disguise your link as anything else either (fx. a youtube link).

Heck, he even said it is pretty much borderline to post in your message that you have a referral link in your signature (and in those cases they would make an individual call on whether or not it was constituting spamming your referral link)

I seem to recall a dev post back when the issue was was being resolved that it was in fact okay to post your link. Isn't that when we got the pop-up box for links put in?

/signed

Those annoying players should get an infraction as well as the ones who spam it like gold sellers for clicking in his referal link in exchange of money that after never give

Edited by MiguelGx

Seems you are not. See OdballEasyEight's most recent post.

seriously learn to read

the problem was people posting their links and advertising it as something else, look at the dev post quoted in this thread, it doesnt say dont link your referral it says dont spam it, no ones getting banned and no posts with properly labeled links are getting censored so your no referrals except in sigs crusade is a thing you made up yourself

Edited by Monumenta