One word: Codex - The epitome of bugs

CommanderKeeva

The Codex is a bugged mess and has been from day one. It is full of unobtainable entries, deleted entries, incorrect entries. There is not a single planet in this game on which you can collect all Codex entries. A lot of Codex-related achievements are bugged as a result.

Any plans on fixing the horrible mess the Codex is?

Here are the bugs I discovered in the Codex. The list is by no means full, more entries will be added in the future but even like this you can see the astounding number of bugged entries. Some developer response would be appreciated since the codex has been like this since launch.

Planetary entries:

Balmorra - Persons of Note - Lieutenant Major Pirrell (Bounty Hunter)

Balmorra - Species - Colicoid (This entry is unobtainable by Imperial players as the creature that grants it only exists in the Republic version of Balmorra.)

NOTE: BELSAVIS LOREMASTER IS UNOBTAINABLE BY IMPERIAL PLAYERS

Belsavis - Lore - The Inifinite Empire (unobtainable for Empire players as it's granted during a Republic-only quest)

Corellia - Organizations - Outer Rim Jedi Forces (Jedi Knight)

Corellia - Persons of Note - The Real Darmas Pollaran (Smuggler)

Corellia - Persons of Note - The First Son (Jedi Consular)

Corellia - Species - Drall

Corellia - Species - Selonian

Corellia - Titles - The Conqueror of Corellia (Empire) (The patch notes claim this was moved to "Lost Knowledge", however it still shows up under "Achievements: Titles".)

Dromund Kaas - Lore - Lord Parnax's Lost Recordings

Dromund Kaas - Lore - Blade of the Sith Executioner

Dromund Kaas - Lore - The Phobis Device

Dromund Kaas - Organizations - Revanites

Dromund Kaas - Ships - X-70B Phantom-class Prototype (Agent)

Dromund Kaas - Species - Duros

Dromund Kaas - Species - Selkath

NOTE: HOTH BEASTMASTER IS UNOBTAINABLE BY IMPERIAL PLAYERS.

Hoth - Bestiary - Skel (unobtainable for Empire players as they're all in Republic-only instances)

Hoth - Organizations - Chiss Ascendancy (mistyped Acendancy in the Codex)

Hoth - Organizations - The White Maw Pirates

Hoth - Species - Ortolan

Hoth - Species - Talz

NOTE: ONE OF HUTTA'S ENTRIES IS ACTUALLY LOCATED ON NAR SHADDAA.

Hutta - Persons of Note - Nem'ro the Hutt (unobtainable for Sith Inquisitors and Sith Warriors)

Hutta - Persons of Note - Intelligence Profile: The Red Blade (Agent)

NOTE: KORRIBAN BEASTMASTER IS UNOBTAINABLE FOR 2 CLASSES.

NOTE: KORRIBAN LOREMASTER IS UNOBTAINABLE FOR 2 CLASSES.

Korriban - Bestiary - Shyrack (unobtainable for Bounty Hunters and Imperial Agents)

Korriban - Lore - Sith Weapons (unobtainable for Bounty Hunters and Imperial Agents)

Korriban - Lore - The Red Engine (unobtainable for Bounty Hunters and Imperial Agents)

Korriban - Species - Abyssin (unobtainable for Bounty Hunters and Imperial Agents)

Korriban - Species - Sith Pureblood (unobtainable for Bounty Hunters and Imperial Agents)

Makeb - Lore - Isotope-5 (This entry is unobtainable for Republic players.)

Makeb - Lore - Isotope-5 (This entry is obtainable for Imperial players but does not have a pop-up message.)

Makeb - Persons of Note - Supreme Chancellor Saresh (Republic)

NOTE: ONE OF NAR SHADDAA'S ENTRIES IS ACTUALLY LOCATED ON DROMUND KAAS.

NOTE: NAR SHADDAA HAS INVALID ENTRIES FOR THE REPUBLIC.

Nar Shaddaa - Bestiary - Gundark (unobtainable for Republic players; the Imperial entry is granted on Dromund Kaas; there is one Gundark in a Smuggler instance that does not grant the entry)

Nar Shaddaa - Bestiary - Vrblther (unobtainable for Republic players as all Vrblthers are in Imperial-only instances; there are several Vrblthers in a Smuggler instance that do not grant the entry)

Nar Shaddaa - Persons of Note - Drooga the Hutt (Smuggler)

Nar Shaddaa - Persons of Note - Halidrell Setsyn (Warrior)

NOTE: ORD MANTELL LOREMASTER IS UNOBTAINABLE FOR 2 CLASSES.

Ord Mantell - Lore - Ruled by Corruption (unobtainable for Jedi Knights and Jedi Consulars)

Ord Mantell - Lore - Split by Rebellion (unobtainable for Jedi Knights and Jedi Consulars)

Ord Mantell - Lore - Underworld Influences (unobtainable for Jedi Knights and Jedi Consulars)

Ord Mantell - Organizations - Separatist Movement (unobtainable for Jedi Knights and Jedi Consulars)

Ord Mantell - Species - Cathar (unobtainable for Jedi Knights and Jedi Consulars)

Ord Mantell - Species - Mon Calamari

Ord Mantell - Species - Kel Dor

Quesh - Titles - Venom Drinker (Republic)

Quesh - Titles - Venomous (Empire)

Taris - Organization - Cathar Settlers (Republic)

Tatooine - Lore - Sand Rot (Consular)

Tatooine - Titles - Primeval Explorer (Empire) (The patch notes claim this was moved to "Lost Knowledge", however it still shows up under "Achievements: Titles".)

Voss - Persons of Note - Jokull (unobtainable for Imperial players)

Voss - Species - Voss

Voss - Species - Gormak

Non-planetary entries:

NOTE: ALL CATEGORIES HAVE REMOVED/DELETED ENTRIES THAT STILL SHOW UP IN THE CODEX. IT MAKES ACHIEVING 100% IN ONE CATEGORY IMPOSSIBLE.

NOTE: ILUM PVP WAS DISCONTINUED BUT THE CODEX WASN'T UPDATED TO REFLECT THIS CHANGE.

NOTE: OTHER MINOR ISSUES THAT ARE TOO NUMEROUS HERE LIST.

Achievement: PvP - Ilum - Captured an Objective

Achievement: PvP - Ilum - Captured the Zone

Achievement: PvP - Ilum - Killed Someone Using a Turret

Achievement: PvP - Denova Novare Coast - Interrupted a Capture Attempt

Achievement: Space - 14 possible entries for Republic players, one surplus entry

Bestiary - Mantellian Flutterplume

Bestiary - Orobird

Bestiary - Sandbat

Bestiary - Skyslasher

Bestiary - Vulagool

Game Rules - Combat Ratings

Lore - Chancellor's Service Medal (Trooper)

Locations - Outlaw's Den

Locations - Ilum Landing Zone

Organizations - The Galactic Republic (Republic)

Organizations - The Sith Empire (Empire)

Species - Houk

Titles - Butcher's Bane (Smuggler)

Titles - The Sarlacc Stomper

Titles - Invalid Title (likely a removed title or one that never existed; Codex wasn't updated to reflect this)

Titles - Assassin

Titles - Commando

Titles - Guardian

Titles - Gunslinger

Titles - Juggernaut

Titles - Marauder

Titles - Mercenary

Titles - Operative

Titles - Powertech

Titles - Sage

Titles - Scoundrel

Titles - Sentinel

Titles - Shadow

Titles - Sniper

Titles - Sorcerer

Titles - Vanguard

Titles - Friendly (Social I)

Titles - Outgoing (Social II)

Titles - Coordinator (Social III)

Titles - Guide (Social V)

Titles - Chatterbox (Social VI)

Titles - Extrovert (Social VII)

Titles - Charismatic (Social VIII)

Titles - Leader (Social IX)

Titles - Upstanding (Light II)

Titles - Sinister (Dark II)

Titles - Benevolent (Light IV)

Titles - Malevolent (Dark IV)

NOTE: THE RECENT FIXES HAVE ENABLED SEVERAL ACHIEVEMENTS TO BE OBTAINABLE BUT THE CODEX STILL HASN'T BEEN UPDATED TO REFLECT THE RECENETLY REMOVED ENTRIES AND AS SUCH, SHOWS MORE ENTRIES THAN THOSE THAT ARE CURRENTLY OBTAINABLE IN THE GAME.

EPIC ENEMIES THAT WERE CONVERTED INTO ACHIEVEMENTS:

NOTE: EPIC ENEMIES COUNT AS ACHIEVEMENTS NOW (SAVE FOR SOME FLASHPOINT AND WORLD BOSSES) BUT THEY STILL SHOW UP AS UNOBTAINABLE ENTRIES IN THE CODEX. HERE'S A FULL LIST OF THEM.

OPERATION ENTRIES - ETERNITY VAULT:

Defeated Annihilation Droid XRR-3 (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Annihilation Droid XRR-3 (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated Gharj (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Gharj (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Solved the Ancient Pylons (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived the Ancient Pylons (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated the Infernal Council (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived the Infernal Council (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated Soa (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Soa (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Completed Eternity Vault on Nightmare Mode under 2 hours

OPERATION ENTRIES - KARAGGA'S PALACE:

Defeated Bonethrasher (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Bonethrasher (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated Jarg and Sorno (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Jarg and Sorno(Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated Foreman Crusher (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Foreman Crusher (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated Karagga the Unyielding (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Karagga the Unyielding (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Completed Karagga's Palace on Nightmare Mode under 2 hours

OPERATION ENTRIES - EXPLOSIVE CONFLICT:

Defeated Zorn and Toth (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Zorn and Toth (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated Firebrand and Stormcaller (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Firebrand and Stormcaller (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated Colonel Vorgath (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Colonel Vorgath (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated Kephess (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Kephess (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Completed Explosive Conflict on Nightmare Mode under 2 hours

OPERATION ENTRIES - THE TERROR FROM BEYOND:

Defeated the Writhing Horror (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived the Writhing Horror (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated the Dread Guards (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived the Dread Guards (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated Operator IX (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Operator IX (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated Kephess, the Undying (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Kephess, the Undying (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated the Terror from Beyond (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived the Terror from Beyond (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Completed the Terror From Beyond on Nightmare Mode under 2 hours

Defeated the Dreadful Entity

Survived the Dreadful Entity

OPERATION ENTRIES - LEGIONS OF SCUM AND VILLAINY:

Defeated Dash'roode (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Dash'roode (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated Titan 6 (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Titan 6 (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated Thrasher (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Thrasher (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated the Operations Chief (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived the Operations Chief (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated Olok, the Shadow (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Olok, the Shadow (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated the Cartel Warlords (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived the Cartel Warlords (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Defeated Dread Master Styrak (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Survived Dread Master Styrak (Story/Hard/Nightmare)

Completed Legions of Scum and Villainy on Nightmare Mode under 2 hours

FLASHPOINT ENTRIES:

Vokk (Story/Hard)

Yadira Ban (Story/Hard)

Battlelord Kreshan (Story/Hard)

Prophet of Vodal (Story/Hard)

Mavrix Varad (Story/Hard)

General Edikar (Story/Hard)

Grand Moff Kilran (Story/Hard)

Storm Squad Veterans (Story/Hard)

Revan (Story/Hard)

General Ortol (Story/Hard)

Annihilation Droid 6K-A2 (Story)

Darth Ikoral (Story)

Mentor (Story/Hard)

Darth Serevin (Story/Hard)

Darth Malgus (Story/Hard)

Commander Lk’Graagth (Story/Hard)

Doctor Lorrick (Story/Hard)

Rasmus Blys (Story/Hard)

The Vigilant (Story/Hard)

PLANETARY ENTRIES:

SD-0 (Coruscant)

The First (Dromund Kaas)

Subject Alpha (Taris - Republic)

The Grandfather (Balmorra - Empire)

Battle Droid R4-GL (Nar Shaddaa)

Trapjaw (Tatooine)

Ulgo Siegebreaker (Alderaan)

The Ancient One (Taris - Empire)

Rogue Cartel Warbot (Quesh)

Snowbling (Hoth)

Gargath (Hoth)

The Primeval Destroyer (Belsavis)

The Nightmare Pilgrim (Voss)

Dreadtooth (Normal/Frenzied/Nightmarish - Section X)

Gravak'k (llum - Relics of the Gree Event)

Surgok'k (Ilum - Relics of the Gree Event)

Xenoanalyst II (Story/Hard - Ilum - Relics of the Gree Event)

The Golden Fury (Story/Hard - Makeb - Toborro's Courtyard)

Edited by CommanderKeeva

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will keep bumping this thread until you fix the Codex, I swear it.

Oh and thanks to its bugged nature, nearly all related titles and achievements are bugged and unobtainable.

Is there literally nobody on the dev team who ever bothers to check on these things?

Saying that Dromund Kaas Loremaster is unobtainable is false. I have that planet on 100% completion.

....Apparently you don't need those 3 lore objects that you list to get that achievement...didn't notice that.

My apologies I removed that statement. I'm collecting Codex entries with Republic characters mostly, so I did not check if I had the Dromund Kaas Loremaster achievement or not. I automatically presumed that the bugged Lore entries precluded it.

However, I do know for certain that it's impossible to achieve 100% completion on Dromund Kaas because of the three bugged species. So saying that you have the planet on 100% completion is equally false.

EDIT: Here I meant Dromund Kaas under "Planets" in the Codex. Not the Dromund Kaas achievement under Locations in the Legacy tab.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

EDIT: Here I meant Dromund Kaas under "Planets" in the Codex. Not the Dromund Kaas achievement under Locations in the Legacy tab.

Ah, I wouldn't know, it's been a long time since I even opened the actual codex. The 100% I mentioned was in reference to the legacy achievements, just because you had mentioned that achievement above.

I haven't done a large amount of achievement hunting yet, but it does seem that several exploration-type achievements exclude one or more codex entries, much like this one does (possibly in an unsuccessful attempt to make the achievements obtainable without them actually fixing the codex?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post

Here are the bugs I discovered in the Codex. The list is by no means full, more entries will be added in the future but even like this you can see the astounding number of bugged entries. Some developer response would be appreciated since the codex has been like this since launch.

The state of the codex is in my personal gripe list, but it's a complicated web of data to untangle. To be frank, it's a daunting task, and I can't promise it's even fixable beyond targeting small, specific problems over time. I appreciate the specifics you've provided - it will help immensely with our investigation into each issue.

To be frank, it's a daunting task, and I can't promise it's even fixable beyond targeting small, specific problems over time. .

Seriously then just fix it one little piece at a time. Throw each fix in every jawadamn patch and we''ll all be happy wookies! :rak_01:

pro tip: take 1 person off CM he wont be missed, send him to the codex to correct the bugged/glitched/or missing entries. Have him clean up the codex. Tired of old outdated entries still being there that are impossible to get now. IE the ilum achievements to capture all points or kill someone with a turret. Fix the ones that dont work like in novare coast where I interupt people capturing a point constantly but never get credit. And if an entry isnt in game yet or is missing the in game object ie lore object or beast entry or species etc then remove it until it does appear. Also it seems like a lot of the achievements could just check the codex to verify something is accomplished. Or even the counter on the warzone tab. Im tired of seeing a difference between amount of players killed when I open my warzone tab and it shows some insane number yet when I check my player kill counter in achievements it displays a far lower number. It doesnt seem like this stuff is that tough to track down. It seems like it has just been completely ignored.

I fear that the Achievement system will end up the same way as the Codex. It was a great system in the beginning, but as time went on it was never updated or fixed.

Our hopes to get an update of the codex or achievements are slim. For example, what happens if they add a new datacron? Will we lose the datacron achievement and the Datacron Master title?

I do not see a way for them to incorporate new content into the achievement system with comprehensive achievements such as "Collect all lore objects" or "Collect all speeders".

They will probably just leave those achievements for only the old content, and maybe add new achievements for new content.

The state of the codex is in my personal gripe list, but it's a complicated web of data to untangle. To be frank, it's a daunting task, and I can't promise it's even fixable beyond targeting small, specific problems over time. I appreciate the specifics you've provided - it will help immensely with our investigation into each issue.

Might want to get cracking, then. The longer it goes ignored the bigger the task will grow over time. As new content is added into the game that requires more and more codex entries. Ones that actually work right.

My question is - Why add an elaborate achievement system that includes achievements that require obtaining codex entries that have been unable to obtain since the game launched?

I'm not a completionist as I know many are(I probably would be if I didn't have a wife and kids) but I do actually enjoy spending a small to large amount of my free time in the game acquiring unique achievements especially titles. But after reading Jesse's post I am very discouraged to do so. Sounds like no one wants to do it and my guess is it will be a long time if ever til we see these codex bugs fixed.

Hi there,

I have bought the game when it was released and then i played 2 - 3 months until the servers began to feel empty. Then i quit and decided to wait for something like expansion / new level cap / etc to be released. Last week i checked the site and saw that many new things, including an achievement system were implemented and then i said - "Yep, it's time to come back again". And what did i see when i logged again - THE CODEX ARE STILL NOT FIXED. Oh my god, this can't be real. And i'm a software engineer - this aren't things, that can't be fixed. This is the most unacceptable behavior that a company can give to it's fans/subscribers/e.t.c - to say that something is not affecting the gameplay (while it IS AFFECTING IT) and to say that it's not important and possibly (99,9% sure) won't be fixed.

Thanks a lot for the response, I wasn't actually expecting to receive one!

I realize that this is a very complex and difficult task to accomplish, so I recommend starting with fixing entries that prevent obtaining achievements. Fixing Makeb and Nar Shaddaa Loremaster (if not the actual Codex) was a welcome start. Another legacy title, Galactic Beastmaster is still unobtainable due to non-existent entries on Ilum and Balmorra. As far as I know, I have only seen Bogwings, Asharl Panthers and Kath Hounds on Ilum during the Gree event, so you may want to consider adding the entries to those beasts. Also, the Gree event includes a fair number of Terentateks, so this could be a prime opportunity to add the Terentatek entry to the game, even if it updates the Tythonian entry.

In English, we do not have enough resources to fix bugs. All resources we have are working on CM updates where the money is coming from.

Funny, because I talked to a CS agent at some point and when I asked him about the state of the Codex, he told me that bugs that don't break the game might never get fixed.

But if one day Codex entries accidentally lower the Cartel Coin cost of CM items or accidentally grant extra Cartel Coins, they will be fixed in a single day. Just watch!

Edited by CommanderKeeva

pro tip: take 1 person off CM he wont be missed, send him to the codex to correct the bugged/glitched/or missing entries. Have him clean up the codex. Tired of old outdated entries still being there that are impossible to get now. IE the ilum achievements to capture all points or kill someone with a turret. Fix the ones that dont work like in novare coast where I interupt people capturing a point constantly but never get credit. And if an entry isnt in game yet or is missing the in game object ie lore object or beast entry or species etc then remove it until it does appear. Also it seems like a lot of the achievements could just check the codex to verify something is accomplished. Or even the counter on the warzone tab. Im tired of seeing a difference between amount of players killed when I open my warzone tab and it shows some insane number yet when I check my player kill counter in achievements it displays a far lower number. It doesnt seem like this stuff is that tough to track down. It seems like it has just been completely ignored.

Protip: Artists and item specialists don't do the same thing as database checkers and bugfixers.

Another legacy title, Galactic Beastmaster is still unobtainable due to non-existent entries on Ilum and Balmorra.

The Mutated Collicoids have been added to Imperial Balmorra outside the final Inquisitor mission at the end of the planet. I got this in May I believe after a new patch came out. However you are right they should start with the entries directly affecting achievements. being so close to those two titles of Loremaster and Galactic Beastmaster is killing me.

THIS ABSOLUTELY 100% AFFECTS HOW I PLAY MY GAME!

The Mutated Collicoids have been added to Imperial Balmorra outside the final Inquisitor mission at the end of the planet. I got this in May I believe after a new patch came out.

When I killed those colicoids, I did not receive the entry. I still had to go through the Inquisitor phase to get to the old ones to complete the achievement. This was at the end of May.