Are the collections prices intended or a bug?

Reno_Tarshil

Just seems like a bilking for everything they can get. They know how much people have been wanting the Mandalore, Horde, and upcoming Temple Guardian sets, so not only do they make the drop rates for the uppers much, much lower, they make them packs that only survive a very short period before being embargoed, but of course mention none of this prior to release. People will scramble to get the packs, gamble as much as they have to in order to get all the pieces, and be more likely to pay inflated unlock prices because the items will be gone.

I suppose I forgot to even include the Rancor and upcoming Walker, both of which are/will be highly sought after, and come with a much higher unlock cost. GG EAWare.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to customize my Hypercrate. I only want the rare stuff cause I'm the bestest number one customer in the game. Once I get the bestest, rarest stuff, I want you to make the legacy unlocks cheap for me. I'm not asking much.....oh ya, throw in a "Bestest Customer" title in just my Hypercrate. Thanks Tait!

I'll grind the dailies, that I hate, and get money to buy the stuff I want from the packs that way.

That's the outcome of all this (not the changing rates 'experiment,' but the bush league handling of the whole thing*) for me as well. I've been running dailies/weeklies on some of my 'mirror' characters to help pay for my guild's flagship and my stronghold(s) when they come out, so I suppose I'll just continue doing that to buy the few items per pack I want.

Meh, I was spending too much on this game, anyway. At least this way, I can take that money and upgrade my computer instead. It's decent, but getting a little long in the tooth, so it was time to do it, anyway. (Already got a nice speaker system with the money I was planning on buying CC with; I'll probably get some more RAM next. :))

* By bush league handling, I specifically mean the amount of time it took them to respond, the 'WAI, but we'll fix the rarity icons when we embargo it!' "fix", and the marketspeak/'wiggle-room' response they finally gave on future packs. It's been pretty obvious (to me, at least) that the team has been small for a while now (most, if not all, MMOs end up that way, so I actually expect it), so it shouldn't take you guys days to walk a few feet (or pick up a phone) to ask a question and post a response. If it does, boy, do we have way larger issues with TOR than the CM. :rolleyes:

I've been considering this for a long while but this cartel pack experience just makes me believe it 99% now.

Well... What they did with them packs and the drop rate only reinforces my theory that there is a big scheme going on aiming on creating huge credit sinks and sucking them out of players just before the housing expansion (a massive cartel market update). Awful drop rates with too many millions worth of items in the packs, the gold sellers infestation (given green light from Bioware cuz they get a cut. Is Bioware taking any action?), "event" with no cool rewards except for a rancor that has less than 1% chance to drop and requires millions to be spent on slots in most cases. Slots don't even reward credits.

Anyone wondering why housing got delayed now?

Sry Bioware. You won't get me. I still will have 100s of millions for the housing expansion, I am not falling for your traps. Even taking advantage of them right now because I know what's happening and what is to happen.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I just got an email advertising the Star Cluster pack as "New in the Cartel Market." I think it is pretty despicable behavior to push these when you know that that you screwed with the numbers and made them behave unlike any previous pack (supposedly this is intentional), and know that the feedback has pretty much been 100% negative.

I just got an email advertising the Star Cluster pack as "New in the Cartel Market." I think it is pretty despicable behavior to push these when you know that that you screwed with the numbers and made them behave unlike any previous pack (supposedly this is intentional), and know that the feedback has pretty much been 100% negative.

I had the same reaction when I read my email. Thankfully, only my wife was around to hear my vocal disapproval.

Once again, they have every right to change whatever the heck they want, it's their game. I just wish they would be more communicative about their changes and at least hear and respond to feedback, even if they don't make any changes based upon it.

Well... it is "working as intended" so I don't see what's wrong with advertising the product then. :rolleyes:

Honestly tho, as one of the more vocal whiners about this pack, I still don't think they are wrong in advertising it.

It is a product and they are a company, after all.

Besides, this was probably set in motion long before the pack was even released.