Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

General Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
General Set Bonuses and Tactical Items
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

olagatonjedi
05.18.2019 , 11:04 AM | #111
For melee-centric classes/roles, I would truly appreciate a tactical item that grants an additional 4-6m range on melee abilities so that IF an encounter requires a lot of movement or requires the players to drop aoes away from the focus target, the amount of dps loss is mitigated due to not losing 95% of our damage dealing skills from a required encounter mechanic.

olagatonjedi
05.18.2019 , 11:08 AM | #112
A tactical item that allows you to summon multiple companions (up to 3 total) to sit/hold/plant them in certain locations within a flashpoint so that all heroic 4 instances are soloable to some extent.

DavidAtkinson
05.18.2019 , 04:21 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I for one will be very angry if they keep 258 gear as the max and the current method of obtaining it remains. I think locking it behind Ossus was a stupidly obvious, if seemingly successful, attempt to get players to grind Ossus whether or not they wanted to because it was fun. I've bashed this point so many times I'm leaving it at that.

That said, I have little reason to trust BW to come up with something better. I'm guessing I'm going to need a gear set for every spec I play, rather than one for every role per class. Which sounds very annoying.

These tactical items sound like a balancing nightmare, and more gear to chase sounds more annoying than fun.

Yes with... 5.0 I think? They got rid of the crystals and added in the original 100% random GC. Then they added MDC because apparently adding futless grinds is fun and keeps people playing.

Also, Mr Musco, the fact these threads, and all the ideas they have generated, receive no commentary a mere 4 months before release tells me you have already decided what you are going to do, and as per usual, this was a pathetic attempt to garner brownie points by pretending to listen. This also tells me I should fully expect to be bitterly disappointed and rather angry come September.

Having a mutual discussion takes time, requires time to test and implement any changes based on that feedback, and based on BWs previous release rates, this very ambitious expansion should have taken significant amounts of time to develop, and thus, any decisions are most likely already beyond the point of reversibility. Major expansion don't go from nowhere to live in 6 months, at least not at BW.

Please prove me wrong...
You're an old wolf now and you already know....

3 sets of gear / class..... and no one on these forums seems to be bothered even if it's gear grind taken to another level. But we've been angry about Ossus... Just wait until we see get this new system.

Oh and... these tactical items sound good on paper but the odds that they will break some classes are quite there..

hawkages
05.24.2019 , 10:03 PM | #114
Tactical Item: Give up the ability to perform criticals, in exchange your critical rating is added to mastery/power.

MandFlurry
05.27.2019 , 07:18 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSpiceIsRIght View Post
Link to Main Forum Post with Google Doc of Failure's Set Bonus and Tactical Item suggestions

GENERAL
Tactical Suggestions:
  • Mass Rez for healers while operations combat is inactive
  • Combat Clarity
    • For 12 seconds, a key ability has no resource cost or cooldown, and your movement speed is increased by 100%
    • Not usable in instanced PvP or Operations
  • Roll the dice (for fun)
    • Grants a random [offensive or defensive] ability at 0 cost from the other advanced specs of your class
    • Not usable in instanced PvP or Operations

Set Bonus:
  • Mob slayer/Rampage
    • 2-set Killing mobs gives you 20% movement speed for 5 seconds (stacks to 3)
    • 4-set Killing mobs heals you for 10% max HP
    • 6-set 5% increased damage dealt (stacks to 3) for 5 seconds
  • Social life (4 player group not ops group)
    • 3-set Increased endurance from being in a group
    • 5-set Increased CXP gained from being in a group (non-pack)
  • Speed Demon
    • Sprint now works in combat
    • Killing mobs gives 20% movement speed
    • Increase sprint movement speed to +50%
  • Gathering
    • 50% increased movement speed from mounts
    • Greatly increased protection from being dismounted/knocked off
    • Increases materials dropped from gathering nodes
Don't care for the stuff, and WE should be able to use skills like we did back in launch. Our Vangards should be able to use more Ranged attacks with Tactical like we do in the Military.

Assassins should be able to use more Ranged Lightning and would like my Juggs be able to use Lightning like they can in Star Wars lore, and it should be added as a ranged attack, while we can maybe lose a skill or 2 for close range.

I have made articles about it already how our Classes should be.

Also, our Sorcs and their mirrors should be able to use more Lightsaber damaging skill, at the cost of ones we already have.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

Emperor_Cain
06.01.2019 , 09:04 AM | #116
I posted this in another thread, but an idea for a purely cosmetic tactical item; how about a tactical item that when equipped would change your abilities/icons to that of your mirror class? So, for example, a Light Side Sorcerer could now use Sage abilities, and vice versa. I suppose this could (or may have to) also switch up their stance as well - e.g. A Juggernaut would now have two hands on their lightsaber.

This would be easy enough for the Force using classes, as all of their mirrors use the same weapons. It may be trickier for non Force users unless you don't mind Mercenaries running around with assault cannons or Gunslingers with sniper rifles (personally I think that would be awesome).

Just a thought as I do find it kind of immersion breaking when I have a light side Sorc constantly throwing around lightning, and I've always wanted a dark Jedi Knight that could use Force Choke.

Caristionia
06.02.2019 , 11:10 AM | #117
For all heals specs, a tactical item that gives healers a mass resurrection, please

MandFlurry
06.02.2019 , 06:18 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Emperor_Cain View Post
I posted this in another thread, but an idea for a purely cosmetic tactical item; how about a tactical item that when equipped would change your abilities/icons to that of your mirror class? So, for example, a Light Side Sorcerer could now use Sage abilities, and vice versa. I suppose this could (or may have to) also switch up their stance as well - e.g. A Juggernaut would now have two hands on their lightsaber.

This would be easy enough for the Force using classes, as all of their mirrors use the same weapons. It may be trickier for non Force users unless you don't mind Mercenaries running around with assault cannons or Gunslingers with sniper rifles (personally I think that would be awesome).

Just a thought as I do find it kind of immersion breaking when I have a light side Sorc constantly throwing around lightning, and I've always wanted a dark Jedi Knight that could use Force Choke.
This stuff could actually be cool.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

Emperor_Cain
06.08.2019 , 10:11 AM | #119
Another idea for a purely cosmetic tactical item, this time for Sage/Sorcerers.

Telekinetic Combat

So the lightsaber has always been kind of useless for a Sage/Sorc. This tactical would change that while not really adding any new abilities, just changing the animations of a few old ones.
  • For starters when you draw your lightsaber the weapon will now hover close by instead of being held. It could still spin occasionally or slowly orbit the player when they're stationary, and just follow behind when they move. Whatever works best.
  • (Saber Strike): I imagine the animation would be mostly the same, just the lightsaber moving on its own without the player swinging it.
  • (Telekinetic Throw/Force Lightning): The animation for these abilites would be replaced by sending the lightsaber out to the target and having it spin around them rapidly over the course of the channel. The twirling barrage from the lightsaber would also slow them for the duration. So, same attack just a different look.
  • (Disturbance/Lightning Strike): The animation here would involve charging the lighsaber floating in front of the sorc/sage with energy during the channeling part (I imagine lightning building on the blade for a sorc and a glowing effect for a sage), then the saber being flung at the target for the attack.

Hopefully these are the sorts of things tactical items will even be able to do. Guess we'll see.

Rion_Starkiller
06.10.2019 , 10:02 AM | #120
Musco/Devs,

Regarding Pvp, will players be able to change out Set Bonus, Tac, Amps during the match when out of combat?
If so, what's stopping you from allowing us to change spec and utilities during a match (but out of combat)?

Personally, I think you should lock in everyone's gear once they join the match. There are ways to manipulate match-making otherwise.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.