Emote Suggestion Thread

How about some where we don't have to rely on the random chance of the Cartel Market and you just give it to us because you would like to improve the subscriber's experience?
This... Sort of.

I'd gladly buy them but I hate relying on chance and rarity.

Just let us buy the ones we want.

/talk2hand

---(Talk to the hand cause the ears are not listening - hand up in a stop sign like motion)

/yes

---(One arm "YES" with fist action pulling arm down and saying "YES" for use during downing boss)

/yoyo

---(While waiting for people to get stuff together you throw out your YODA YO-YO or DARTH MAUL YO-YO)

/pose

---(SCREEN Shot time - everyone picks a pose that matches them - Lean to one side, Hand on Chin, etc.)

/sup

---(Head nod up in silent "what up" motion to someone)

/fume

---(Cross arms and have a pissed off look. Maybe even a squiggly smoke line above head. See nearest "Very PISSED off Wife or Mother look" for reference.)

Less Likely due to being Non-PC:

/loser

---(Puts right hand thumb/finger L on your toon's forehead showing the target is a "LOSER")

/kissmybutt

---(Wiggle your butt like the default dance clips we have. Add slapping you hand on butt cheek for emphasis)

/vomit

---(Fake vomit's at que and maybe even expand visual of cheeks and turn GREEN a little?)

Edited by dscount

Hey everyone,

Some of y'all have already created threads around this subject, but I just wanted to make a central thread on emotes.

What emotes would you like to see added to the game in the future?

Thanks!

Can we please get an animation for /sleep? The emote does work, but there's no animation with it. (Aka, laying down on the ground?)

How about a fancier flourish emote? Or /showoff. I want something where I am all Old West gunslinger with my pistols, or where I do some really fancy moves that make the sentinel's blades a wall of light.

Just want something more impressive than /flourish (which seems lackluster).

I would say my biggest desire is around emotes that have your character talk and animate.

Given the added work for such things, I am cool with them being CM items

After that, would be the ability to create and save custom chat-text only emotes for myself.

1. /Sleep a real sleeping emote.

2. WORKING /FLOURISH THAT DOESNT PUT THE WEAPON AWAY, AND IT MAGICALLY GO THROUGH OUR BODY TO OUR HAND AFTERWORDS I don't like seeing my lightsabers go through my hips and my assault cannon go through our body.

3. a REAL /meditate (Using the animation of the JK heal)

4. /pushbutton Makes your character look like he is using a comptuer. so RP wise we look like we are using a data terminal.

5. /dread A Dread Master themed emote. preforms an evil laugh and a purple eyeglow

6. /pace Pace back and force like the sith inquisitor heal emote.

7. /9000 use a Scanner (like the C.M. one but not needed to preform the emote) you take it off and break it with a shocked facial expression.

Edited by Magnusheart

How about

/laydown

Why is this not in the game yet?

Also,

/gasp

/thumbsup and /thumbsdown having an actual animation rather than just text.

I'll add more as I think of them.

It would also be nice if there were more vocal emotes. Having your character actually say "you scruffy nerfherder!" would be awesome.

ps, isn't there already a gagnam style emote? Isn't that the "stylish dance" one?

Edited by chuixupu

I'd like to see flourish work for all weapons (including electrostaffs, as it currently does not), and I'd like to see new versions of flourish, different animations for each weapon. Would also like to see a force flourish sort of thing, similar to /inquisitor but longer (and of course, dependant on class instead of weapon) Tech users could show off their tech (double flame throwers, etc).

Can we please get an animation for /sleep? The emote does work, but there's no animation with it. (Aka, laying down on the ground?)

Honestly, I'd like working animations for any/all of the un-animated ones we currently have. More vocal ones would be great too. I would also like to stress that making emotes available directly and not part of a cartel pack would be incredible. Seriously guys, we need some more direct purchase stuff. Many of us are willing to spend our coins this way.

I also like AlexDougherty's silly idea for a /fonz emote. Probably couldn't call it that, but the idea is so goofy I can't help but want it now. :) Magnusheart's /dread emote is also a good idea, but for obviously different reasons.

Some more instrument ones would be nice.

Something for /afk would be interesting... maybe standing there sipping a drink, or fiddling with a toy/screen of some sort, or, like someone else mentioned, sitting on the refresher.

Some others I'd like to see..

/kick (just use the kick-in-the-junk animation already in game -- and no, I don't mean kick from group)

/boo or /scare

/rofl

/thinking (a little holo-thought-bubble would be cute)

/rakghoul (a little hop and a moment of rakghoul posture... rawrrr clawhands)

/handstand

/whistle

/drunk (a little stumble and some floaty drunk bubbles)

/scold

/grumble

/sneak or /sneaky (maybe a "shhhh!" and that cartoony tiptoe posture)

/hattip (just the hand motion, for a polite hi/bye/thanks/etc. emote)

/crazy (as in "you are crazy")

Oh oh oh! Just my sort of thread request as an RP'er ;)

Emotes that are already in the game that need animations!

/meditate - I'd love to see this as an actual proper kneel down and meditate. Our Jedi/Sith characters do this soooo many times in our story, yet we can't do it as a physical emote :(

/sleep - No brainer. Need to actually lie down when sleeping.

/crossarms - I would give a kidney for this emote. The /crossarms pose is one of my favourite in game poses and yet again, we can't use it outside of a cutscene :( If you put this in also, please keep it so that the pose stays until cancelled, rather than being a weird loop like /ponder. (if /ponder could be changed to stay in the hand-on-chin pose that would be awesome)! Make it paid if you want, just let me CROSS MY ARRRRRRMS :D

New Emotes for the Cartel Market

Form Poses.

I would happily pay 1000 cartel points to get this on my Sith/Jedi characters. /ataru? /shiicho? /makashi? /juyo? YES PLEASE. Again don't loop em, let the character stay in the stance until cancelled. Wonderful tool for ****** screenshots/RP moments.

The non-Force classes would need something to balance out though admittedly. Maybe various gun poses? /reload, /aimsights, /hipshot /scope (as in, sniper scopes through their sights), resting a hand on the gun but not drawing it, twirling guns, sidewards posing because why not ...stuff which would look cool.

Adding onto /crossarms, maybe /walllean? That might be weird if you don't position your character right, but I soooo wish this was a possibility.

Another version of flourish that carries out a series of attack moves; soething obviously aggressive. For example - a one-handed saber user carries out a Makashi salute, a dual-blade wielder shows off an impenetrable fan of blades; a sniper takes aim and loses a few shots; a Gunslinger shows off a few fancy tricks...things like that.

Maybe some physical non-weapon moves are in order too! I love that crazy 360 kick that some Force-users do (e.g. Jedi Knight Interrupt). /roundhouse, /tumult ....that would be kinda cool.

/laydown

Different types of /sit, for example cross-legged for Jedi meditation. I strongly dislike the current /sit because it seems inappropriately suggestive.

/passout or /die, something to make you look like you're dead or incapacitated for RP purposes.

/hologram or something to make you appear as a hologram and doesn't cancel until toggled off or entering combat, because the current toy cancels whenever you do any action, and only lasts for 2 minutes with a 3 minute cooldown, therefore inconvenient for RP.

Edited by Jenzali

/crossarms - Yes yes and another yes please.

/relaxationunit - A chair appears and you sit on the thing until canceled. Like the healing one just without the healing or the such short duration.

/standattation /standeasy or /armsbehindbackwhateveryouwouldliketocallit - like the cross arms one just at the back

/deckchair - a deckchair and parasol appear for you to chill out on

/macarena - nuf said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiBYM6g8Tck