GTN Help???

Torchard

What am I doing wrong??

When I do a search on the GTN...nothing shows up...it is as if there is nothing there at all.

What am I doing wrong??

There is a reset button next to the search button. Try using that and starting over.

One common mistake is people leave certain fields from past searches the same.

For example, all crafting materials are level 1, but if you just did a search for armor level 21 - 25, and follow up searching for mats, the level fields will cause that.

you question is pretty vague and can't quite help if you don't explain more in detail on what your doing to get no results. It would be as if i was stating "I'm hitting my button but not attacking... what am i doing wrong?"

assuming you're searching for armour, try selecting either 'light/medium/heavy/adaptive'

leave the quality on 'Standard' since for this peramiter 'All' doesn't work.

for the slot, leave it on 'all' for now, you can always narrow it down later

In the 'usable by' field, leave it as 'all' (if you search for something usable by <companion name> it will look for items that specify them as usable by your companion, and since all those items are bound, there won't be any)

In the stats field leave it as 'all' for now, you can select one of the main stats to narrow the search down later.

As for the level requirement, when searching for equipment it's best to search for items 5 levels above and below your current level.

As for price, leave it as it is. you might not be able to buy it, but al least you can see it and get an idea of the prices of cirtain items.

Normally keeping your search as broad and basic as possible is best, if there is an abundance of items you can start narrowing it down by quality, slot and the stats, in some cases by level as well.

As people have already said, schematics, crafting materials and so on are all usable by a level 1, so keeping those searches basic is pretty much essential.

Hope this helps :)

tell you what... type in any of these following words:

Spy, Spymaster, Cons, Conservator, Revan, Phanotm, Valiant, top, pants, boots, gloves, or any other popular cartel armour (except for the dancer/loungewear stuff, never worked for me before)

make sure you hit the small 'refresh' button down the bottom first (next to the search button), type in one of the above words, leave everything else blank (at default). If the search button lights up and you get some items appearing, then it's working fine and you can try what I said above. If it doesn't light up then you're probably dealing with a bug of some kind... :(