My theory on the Eternal Empire.

Anysao

So it seems the Eternal Empire has actually been hiding out in Wild Space. That seems surprising, since I would've thought Wild Space would be much more traveled than the Rishi Maze. Furthermore, I wish we knew of some other planets that make up this Empire. We only visited Zakuul, so we never got a chance to see just how much territory Arcann holds.

...Also, where were the Shadow of Revan and Ziost references we were told about?

Irregardful, I want to thank everyone who shared this thread with me. It's been great fun conspiring with you all! :ph_cheers:

First and foremost, I feel I should explain why I created this thread. During the initial hype that came with the announcement of Knights of the Fallen Empire, I made a thread in the General Discussion about where I believed this New Empire was hiding. It later came to me that my theory belonged more in the Story and Lore forum than the General Discussion, so I'm copy-pasting it here.

Sidebar: if there's any issue with having two very similar threads, both created by me, I will request Bioware lock my initial thread.

Spoilers for the Inquisitor story.

On Rishi, every class gets one class-specific mission. The Inquisitor's was pretty interesting, and I'm just now remembering what happened during it.

You are sent to speak to a Sith named Lord Veijel on Rishi. He asks you to help him with his research on the Rishi Maze Dwarf Galaxy. You help him by activating a few radio stations scattered around the jungle, and every time you activate one, the Inquisitor is informed that his or her life span is increased slightly...

After this is all over, Lord Veijel explains that he believes that there is some secret civilization in the Rishi Maze that know of a secret method to extend your life to the point of immortality. You then have the light side/dark side choice of sending your fleet out to go find whatever extended your life...

And that's where I believe the Eternal Empire is hiding.

Edited by Anysao

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm perfectly willing to accept that. Regardless of what actually happens, I'll bet it has something to do with the Rishi Maze. The SI story on Rishi was my favorite. I'll bet if we did decide to send our fleet there, it alerted the Eternal Emperor of our presence. Crap, I lost a fleet, and also brought therm to my Galaxy...

Just remembered another thing that may support this.

The Warrior's intro to SoR is a vision, where s/he sees the galaxy consumed in darkness. Naturally this is indicative of the Emperor, but the vision seems to have the darkness start spreading from the Rishi maze.. far from Yavin IV. It may actually have been a hint at Vitiate tying him to the Maze, and another hint towards it being the cradle of something greater.

I have another conjuncture. How long would we be frozen in Carbonite? I'm betting about 10 years. In the smuggler story on Rishi, you get to get tickets to a dreadnought that will depart from the greater galaxy for 10 years because that was the Hutt's estimation on when the war will be over.

I'm betting all of the Rishi stories have clues to what is happening next.

Might I add something?

Suppose the Inquisitor didn't send the fleet. What happened then? Well, in the Smuggler story on Rishi, you gather tickets to a ship that a Hutt is taking out of the galaxy to get away from the war (You can't use them because they're for ammonia-breathers only). Perhaps that Hutt's Yacht discovered the Eternal Empire. I don't know the Rishi story for Trooper, Agent, Bounty Hunter, or Consular yet. Do those have something that could connect to it?

Even without sending a fleet, the moment the Heir of Kallig made contact with the devices on Rishi, a signal was sent. As was said, no further signals or contact had been sent, as if waiting for the correct person to come into contact with them. That happens and the Heir's life is extended by nearly 50yrs. This means that whatever intelligence is working within the Rishi Maze already has confirmation on something that it may be after. So whether or not you send the fleet is irrelevant.

Also, some of the daily quests do have people saying they're sending probes or signals to try and map it the best they can. So really, assuming the Eternal Empire does exist within the Rishi Maze, they're probably already long aware of all that's happening elsewhere in the greater galaxy and were just waiting for something specific to occur.

What about Darth Vowrawn? When he is on the run from Vitiate's Servants, doesn't he make a comment about going further into the Rishi Maze to escape them? Could he have some effect (advanced agent/spy, traitor, etc.)? It may be just coincidence, but I thought it was an interesting point.

Also, some of the daily quests do have people saying they're sending probes or signals to try and map it the best they can. So really, assuming the Eternal Empire does exist within the Rishi Maze, they're probably already long aware of all that's happening elsewhere in the greater galaxy and were just waiting for something specific to occur.

They finally ran out of Vespene so now they're launching their assault.

Edited by Diviciacus

It's entirely possible the Rishi Maze has nothing to do with this at all. It's just one possibility. The Empire of Zakuul could very well exist in a region of space either not yet explored or purposefully hidden from the rest of the galaxy. Look at the Sith Empire. Sits in the "Unknown Regions". Thing is, there'd be more than one "unknown region". It would be any part pf the galaxy that hasn't been explored or mapped, or areas that had been forgotten about.

There's also the probability that the Eternal Empire has nothing to do with Vitiate either. And despite the name "Eternal Throne", we can see that Valkorian, isn't quite as immortal as it says. Considering in the trailer itself, it shows that he has aged over the course of his sons growing up. He had darker hair when they were infants,and when they were grown up, his hair was gray. So it does say that he's not immortal, or that he is like Vitiate in that he needs to swap out bodies from time to time. Unlike Vitiate though, Valkorian may not be able to act or do anything without a body if that's the case.

If anything does have to do with the Rishi Maze and the Inquisitor events, it may be that Valkorian or whatever intelligence is at work, is trying to perfect Immortality. It's possible the life-extending came from the Zakuul Empire and that Valkorian has been using it to extend his life in that body. However the apparent aging would suggest it could only work so many times or there's a limit to how long it would affect his body specifically. Kinda like Ra's al`Gul in the Batman:TAS series. After centuries of using the Lazarus Pits to restore his youth and vigor, his body became too adjusted to it and began rejecting the effects to the point that his immersions in the fluid had virtually no effect at all. Forcing him to find another means of extending his life.

Assuming Valkorian is trying to find another means of extending his immortal life, he's either;

A) Going to use Essence Transfer to enter a new body suitable for him . Such as his son, Arcann's

B) Search for a way to alter his current body t o reverse the effects of aging.

C) Learn the means Vitiate used to make his spirit invulnerable and able to survive without a body.

Still residing under the assumption that the life-extending tech the Heir of Kallig encounters on Rishi is from Valkorian's Empire, it would stand to reason that he did that to find someone whose body had been altered in such a way that would permit it to be rejuvenated time and time again, able to sustain its life force indefinitely. Or, as indicated, gain the necessary information from that body through the induction of those machines in order to determine a means of giving Valkorian's body the same changes to allow him to rejuvenate himself once more and retain his immortal status.

it is an interesting line of thought, as Kallig's Heir may just be one step away from becoming physically immortal. Kallig's Heir has undergone several changes. The first being the Colicoid adaptation ability allowing the Heir to survive the toxic environment on Balmorra. It was said there was no telling how long the effects would last, and it would suggest that the Heir adapted this resistance to become more permanent. The 2nd change came with the introduction of the Force Walking ritual and the taking of the ghosts. This tied the Heir's life to their death, making it rather difficult to kill the Heir by normal means, and even by means of a number of Force Rituals. As we saw, Thanaton used such to try and kill the Heir, yet the effect was not permanent and the Heir revived just a while later.

The next change would come on Belsavis as the Heir sought a means of healing his degenerating body. What we discovered was that Ashaa, the Mother Machine, wasn't simply a Rakatan machine for healing, but mutation and evolution. She completely reconstructed the Heir's molecular and cellular structure, altering his very self, evolving him to enable him to not only withstand the power of the bound ghosts, but to become even more powerful than initially possible. It was only after these physical changes were done that those machines on Rishi would respond and impart their life-extending system to the Heir. Though it was clear each terminal could only be activated once, and for perhaps the sole purpose of acquiring the necessary physiological and biological data on the Heir's body in order to replicate its effects by the ones who gave the instructions on just how to build those devices.

So, the Rishi Maze could be a big thing with the Empire of Zakuul, or it could be completely separate and all this speculation is for naught. But I have a feeling that the Rishi Maze will show itself as a big part in the upcoming story.

Yes, I also noticed Valkorian's (I don't think I'll ever spell his name correctly) aging in the trailer. I like to think that his pursuit of immortality is little more than just life extension treatment after life extension treatment, each time a little different than the last.... which I think somehow led him to declaring war on the Republic and Sith Empire.

Of course, I haven't the slightest idea how Valkorian is making himself live longer, if at all. I do, however, understand why he chose to extend the Inquisitor's lifespan: the immortality-seeking Sith was a relatively worthless test subject. I like to believe Valkorian's newest method of living longer was a dangerous one, and as such he made use of his opportunity to test it out on an equally-powerful Force User who happened to be on Rishi. If the Inquisitor did die from this experiment, then Valkorian would lose nothing but a powerful future-enemy.

However, one thing we never considered was just how old Valkorian was in that video. Is it possible that his, as well as his sons', lifespan has been "stretched out?" In other words... where it seems the Royal Family had aged decades, they had in reality, aged centuries? This would be a close second to "immortality," and would explain how the Twins managed to be as well-trained as they were when they invaded the Sith Empire and Republic.

Forgive any bad Englishing skills, I'm kinda falling asleep here. :)

Have to say- I did not think there was a hint in the trailer but good point!

I thought we would be the next Revan (attack bad guy HQ, be frozen) but this seems more interesting. We know that boys are brothers or very very close friends. The cyborg in the white robe accidently kills his brouther / friend. The cyborg now has no choice but to serve valkorian. Strange that this valkorian guy is in command, we have not seen him have any skill. He stands in his ship while millions die. He looks like one of the "sit back and let everyone else do your work" rather than a "lead by example" people

Well, interesting news. Since the announcement of Knights of the Fallen Empire, I've been working to get all my characters through Shadow of Revan. As it turns out, I'm enjoying the single class mission more than I am enjoying the actual Rishi story. So all in all, I'm having a blast working with my companions again and meeting old friends.

And I just saw the Warrior's Rishi intro: yup, a big source of darkness coming from the Rishi Maze. If it does turn out the Eternal Empire is out in the dwarf galaxy, then that almost confirms a relation between Vitiate and Valkorion.

Edited by Anysao

The Rishi Maze is sort of like space Roswell, lots of weird force stuff and evidence of extragalactic civilizations (which will be explored in the Revenant trilogy, which, by the way, I was sort of wrong about. What I thought was the first game's story is actually that of KotFE.

As I said before, the Rishi Maze may have nothing to do with Valklorian at all. It's all merely speculation, but it's fun to speculate. As to the idea that he and his sons were having their aging subdued for centuries, that doesn't appear to fit with the central plot, and it's rather clear that his offspring are twins. Whether or not they were clones based on his genetic material is quite irrelevant. Though I do feel that any number of people have looked at them and went "Why do we have two Starkillers in this?" Because, yes, they both resemble Starkiller from TFU. And they did kind of hold their sabers in that reverse grip a bit in some scenes.

Concerns about the immortality bit, because of the aging I get more the feeling that Valkorian is just swapping bodies whenever he needs to. Perhaps the idea is that, each time, he has two sons and whichever one proves the most successful, is the one he acknowledges and that'll be whose body he takes next. If this line of thought is made to be true, it would mean that Valkorian has been raising offspring specifically to take their bodies and maintain his power within his own bloodline. Which would also reduce the possibility of Rejection.

Also, I don't feel that they are all that powerful. As I said before, the Republic and Empire were already in dire straights and their resources and power had been diminished severely by continuous war and conflict with not just each other, but other factions that kept appearing. The Vakuul Empire under Valkorian is just the last straw that finally broke them and forced them to abandon the war, their goals and even beliefs, for the sake of self-preservation. Which inevitably leads to the carbon-freezing of the PC's, to ensure their place in the galaxy once the Republic and Empire has enough strength to actually make a stand against Valkorian and his empire.

The Rishi Maze is sort of like space Roswell, lots of weird force stuff and evidence of extragalactic civilizations (which will be explored in the Revenant trilogy, which, by the way, I was sort of wrong about. What I thought was the first game's story is actually that of KotFE.

No, no, Fido.:p

My theories in all of this:

1. Location of Zakuul: Rishi Maze OR Unknown Regions

2. "Immortal" Emperor: Valkorion has some tie to Vitiate. Unless BW makes these two completely different stories, there has to be a connection. AND/OR his sons (son now) are clones hence making him immortal in a sense.

3. The calls from Rishi for the SI does make sense about extending life and how this new emperor is immortal. Perhaps this signal or the sending of a fleet entices the Zakuul forces to invade our galaxy (if located in Rishi Maze).

I will say, if they could "update" planets to reflect what is going on in the galaxy that would be great. :rak_03:

Here's what I think. Does everyone remember the the EU after Return of the Jedi and it went into the Yuuzahn Vong? I think that's what this Empire of Zakuul is going to be for the SWTOR. If anyone remembers at the end of that story line it was revealed that they were striped of their Force powers and banished from the Galaxy. Here you go, these guys come from outside the galaxy (I like the Rishi Maze ideas but it takes A LOT of ships and materiel and even more manpower to occupy a galaxy and do to the Republic AND Sith Empire to over run and actually hold what's taken, THAT'S A LOT!!! Think about it for a moment. Think about WWII what the Germans held and the Japanese held and now translate that to a galactic scale). At the end of all this, the Zakuul Empire will have committed attrocities and once the Jedi and Sith overpowers them, they agree to strip their Force powers and banish them. I know that EU has been scrubbed but that COULD be brought back into. Just my two cents.