23/5 Operative Class Rep Questions

snave

Also a suggestion I'm supprised we never thought of earlier, moving chem resistant inlays into conc or lethality. I think it would work better to move it into lethality and swap out deadly directive for it that way all specs can get the 4% dr

Yeah that's something they mentioned themselves previously. I'll add it in now. I think they mentioned Evasive Imperative potentially being moved too so I'll slap that in as well for one of the suggestions.

Keep 'em coming peeps.

Edited by snave

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had another idea pop into my head lower the intervol of revitalizers so you get like .66% life per second and get 10% up front it would still be the same 20% but the it will help more in the up front and we get more reliable health back per sec. I just had the idea bc of my pre2.0 VG

I keep bringing it up, but can never get a response on it. People assume that Stim Boost w/Revitalizers heals for 20% of your life over 15 seconds:

(15 seconds /(ticks every 3 seconds)) = 5 ticks

5 ticks * 4% health = 20% health

But, Stim Boost's Revitalizer heal only heals 4 times, with the final tick not restoring health. So it's not a 20% heal, it's a bugged 16% heal. And, for some reason no one seems to care.

Note: I've tested on both Operatives and Scoundrels, and they both have this bug.

Edited by Aikion

I keep bringing it up, but can never get a response on it. People assume that Stim Boost w/Revitalizers heals for 20% of your life over 15 seconds:

(15 seconds /(ticks every 3 seconds)) = 5 ticks

5 ticks * 4% health = 20% health

But, Stim Boost's Revitalizer heal only heals 4 times, with the final tick not restoring health. So it's not a 20% heal, it's a bugged 16% heal. And, for some reason no one seems to care.

Note: I've tested on both Operatives and Scoundrels, and they both have this bug.

I've been seeing only 3-4 ticks

alright probably the last QoL thing i can think of is the difference between shroud and evasion that pisses me off to no end. So when shroud is active all DoTs are not able to be applied to the target, but while i am in evasion DoTs can still be reapplied to you. While this may not seem like a huge difference i cant even count the amount of times ive purged then been hit with another DoT as i try to escape.

The only thing I want is for lethality to be an actual mid-range dps option.

Mid range being 15m +, I really really want a ranged option for ops mainly for nightmare operations where melee are mistreated by the mechanics.

At the moment it almost works like that but you have to be in 4m to shiv so its just a lower dps melee spec.

alright probably the last QoL thing i can think of is the difference between shroud and evasion that pisses me off to no end. So when shroud is active all DoTs are not able to be applied to the target, but while i am in evasion DoTs can still be reapplied to you. While this may not seem like a huge difference i cant even count the amount of times ive purged then been hit with another DoT as i try to escape.

I see where you're coming from but I wouldn't classify this as a QOL change, it would be almost a complete redesign on the ability and does lead to a slight homogenization of the two classes which I'm keen to avoid

The only thing I want is for lethality to be an actual mid-range dps option.

Mid range being 15m +, I really really want a ranged option for ops mainly for nightmare operations where melee are mistreated by the mechanics.

At the moment it almost works like that but you have to be in 4m to shiv so its just a lower dps melee spec.

Not that I disagree with the point you're making but you're essentially asking them to completely redesign the spec here. I feel that if you added TA generation to weakening blast it would go a long way in to helping this issue anyway and that point has already been added several times to the list.

Not that I disagree with the point you're making but you're essentially asking them to completely redesign the spec here. I feel that if you added TA generation to weakening blast it would go a long way in to helping this issue anyway and that point has already been added several times to the list.

As someone who's played Lethality/DF a lot in PvE. I feel Weakening Blast/Hemorrhaging Blast is not the right place to add TA/UH generation. If anything giving Overload Shot/Quick Shot the ability to proc TA/UH on a 6 second shared ICD with Shiv/Blaster Whip for all Operatives/Scoundrels would be more fitting.

Unlike the WB/HB change, the OS/QS change would not change your priority/rotation at all. You wouldn't have to worry about losing your extra TA/UH stack by using WB/HB at 2 stacks. You wouldn't have to worry about balancing the effect of an extra TA/UH stack on stationary fights. They have nearly the same energy cost as Shiv/BW, 17 vs 15 energy, so not much change in energy management. And it would also give us a reason to use OS/QS finally.

If you want to take it one step further, increase the range of our 10 meter damage abilities to 15 meters. This would allow us greater mobile DPS and survivability for Lethality/DF.

As someone who's played Lethality/DF a lot in PvE. I feel Weakening Blast/Hemorrhaging Blast is not the right place to add TA/UH generation. If anything giving Overload Shot/Quick Shot the ability to proc TA/UH on a 6 second shared ICD with Shiv/Blaster Whip for all Operatives/Scoundrels would be more fitting.

I have one question about this because to me it's just worded weirdly, so from what you're saying you want to put an ICD on shiv's TA generation and making it so that you can't shiv-OS for 2 TA but instead only get 1 TA because of a 6 sec shared ICD. From what I see you're just trying to take shiv out of the equation completely.

To me what would be a better change is make it so that LS can get TA with no ICD shared with shiv so that way you can get TA on HS then shiv for 2 TA throw DoTs WB cull shiv cull cull OS to get a TA, filler shiv cull OS cull shiv etc.

I have one question about this because to me it's just worded weirdly, so from what you're saying you want to put an ICD on shiv's TA generation and making it so that you can't shiv-OS for 2 TA but instead only get 1 TA because of a 6 sec shared ICD. From what I see you're just trying to take shiv out of the equation completely.

To me what would be a better change is make it so that LS can get TA with no ICD shared with shiv so that way you can get TA on HS then shiv for 2 TA throw DoTs WB cull shiv cull cull OS to get a TA, filler shiv cull OS cull shiv etc.

I agree with this, sharing the CD would essentially make shiv obsolete and once again I'll point out that you're looking to redesign how Lethality works completely. Seeing as this is a basic question and answer session I'm not convinced "will you please redesign Lethality" is going to be answered positively by Bioware.

I've just gone over the questions and fixed some spelling issues, they are meant to be taking them tomorrow assuming they're on schedule or remember so I'd suggest those who have been contributing go and double check everything there is to your liking - within reason of course :)

I've just gone over the questions and fixed some spelling issues, they are meant to be taking them tomorrow assuming they're on schedule or remember so I'd suggest those who have been contributing go and double check everything there is to your liking - within reason of course :)

............ WAIT *** TOMORROW!?!?!?!? Wow where did the time go

sooooo.... shouldnt we have gotten a bioware post by now?

Technically speaking I believe we should have received some form of acknowledgement about this by now but is anyone really shocked that we haven't?

I didn't follow the other class questions particularly closely so I'm not sure if they had some form of delay but I have reached out to @musco and @swtor on twitter, if you have a twitter account I would suggest you do the same.

Technically speaking I believe we should have received some form of acknowledgement about this by now but is anyone really shocked that we haven't?

I didn't follow the other class questions particularly closely so I'm not sure if they had some form of delay but I have reached out to @musco and @swtor on twitter, if you have a twitter account I would suggest you do the same.

No dev posts at all, so i think they have a day off or something. Anyway, not surprised at the bad communication.

Do you need to submit something in a separate thread or notify (PM) Eric that the questions are officially ready? Also, I believe they mentioned a staff meeting Friday, and it's a 3-day weekend (in the U.S.), so maybe pm Eric mid-day Tuesday if we haven't heard anything.

Do you need to submit something in a separate thread or notify (PM) Eric that the questions are officially ready? Also, I believe they mentioned a staff meeting Friday, and it's a 3-day weekend (in the U.S.), so maybe pm Eric mid-day Tuesday if we haven't heard anything.

You don't need to pm the devs with the questions all you need to do is leave it in a designated part of the thread, usually the first/second post made from the OP. ill give them that it's Memorial Day weekend but if we don't get it soon ill be kinda sad but I won give up hope bc if there's no hope in the class questions the the class is essentially dead and I refuse to believe that

Since they haven't made any responces yet ill just throw this idea out, counter measures has a talent in one of the dps trees that makes you untargetable for the next 4 seconds? Would only effect single target abilities so we can still be hit by aoe attacks but it would be a nice anti-focus ability with a reasonable cool down for its duration.

Since they haven't made any responces yet ill just throw this idea out, counter measures has a talent in one of the dps trees that makes you untargetable for the next 4 seconds? Would only effect single target abilities so we can still be hit by aoe attacks but it would be a nice anti-focus ability with a reasonable cool down for its duration.

That's a brand new mechanic and it also makes us effectively immune to all damage for 4 seconds which is massively over powered even with a long cool down. I liked the idea of countermeasures reducing stun duration but even that would be a new mechanic and I just can't see that happening.

If you're looking to speed up the response I'd suggest you go on twitter and ask them what's going on, if enough people do it we'll get an answer.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

First off, I apologize for the delay in grabbing your questions from this thread, that is my fault.

In looking over your questions, I want to request a couple of changes before sending them off to the devs for review. My main goal here is that I want to make sure that your questions are answered in a clear and concise way and as part of that, I think there needs be a bit of simplification to your questions.

I appreciate how thorough Snave has been in creating some of the supporting information around each question. Part of the issue though in having all of that information is that each question then becomes multiple questions rolled into one. Keep in mind the goal is to have three questions, although I certainly understand the desire to get as much out of them as you can :). Please try to simplify the questions so that they are a bit more simplified and singular.

Also, I know there is quite a bit of frustration in the Operative/Scoundrel community right now. You worry about the viability of your DPS specs in both PvE and PvP. I hope that you can get answers to some of your concerns out of this top three. The one thing I would ask when reworking the questions is to try to keep them constructive and maybe a little nicer :rak_03:. I know you guys are frustrated but please try not to be attacking in your questions.

As an Operative player myself I think I have a fairly good grasp on the questions you are trying to ask. Snave, feel free to PM me if you have any questions or would like assistance. I apologize again for the delay in getting this information over to you.

-eric

Hey folks,

First off, I apologize for the delay in grabbing your questions from this thread, that is my fault.

In looking over your questions, I want to request a couple of changes before sending them off to the devs for review. My main goal here is that I want to make sure that your questions are answered in a clear and concise way and as part of that, I think there needs be a bit of simplification to your questions.

I appreciate how thorough Snave has been in creating some of the supporting information around each question. Part of the issue though in having all of that information is that each question then becomes multiple questions rolled into one. Keep in mind the goal is to have three questions, although I certainly understand the desire to get as much out of them as you can :). Please try to simplify the questions so that they are a bit more simplified and singular.

Also, I know there is quite a bit of frustration in the Operative/Scoundrel community right now. You worry about the viability of your DPS specs in both PvE and PvP. I hope that you can get answers to some of your concerns out of this top three. The one thing I would ask when reworking the questions is to try to keep them constructive and maybe a little nicer :rak_03:. I know you guys are frustrated but please try not to be attacking in your questions.

As an Operative player myself I think I have a fairly good grasp on the questions you are trying to ask. Snave, feel free to PM me if you have any questions or would like assistance. I apologize again for the delay in getting this information over to you.

-eric

Like this?

PVE [speaking in reference to the current PTS]

Whilst the proposed changes are a step in the right direction; could you please tell us the reason behind the decisions you made, what you plan on doing to bring DPS based operatives in to line with regards to raid utility and what you plan on changing with Lethality in order to make it more favourable.

PVP

Can you please explain to us how you find it acceptable that DPS operatives have been excluded from ranked PvP since its creation, can you also let us know why you think the upcoming changes to concealment will be enough to warrant a spot in ranked PvP and why you have completely neglected Lethality? Please bear in mind that most teams have already declared they will still not take a DPS operative as part of their team.

Wildcard:

Quality of life:

There have been several changes to Operatives recently that have seriously diminished the quality of life of the class; in addition to quit a lot of pre-existing ones.

This was also asked previously but seemingly ignored. Our set bonuses are virtually useless.

What you will be doing over the next few patches in order to increase our poor quality of life with in the game?

Eric, I certainly hope the devs have been reading this thread.

I love my operative, it's part of the reason I pay for this game...but I haven't played him in MONTHS because of the changes. The playstyle has changed too much. Not my cup of tea any longer. I'm not alone in that thought. Keep it in mind - the class is no longer the same as it was when it was originally conceived.