Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

Again this is your problem not Bioware's. BW acknowledged the art was incorrect several weeks ago and that it would be fixed and that info was in the Dev Tracker. Anyone who bought the packs based on the in game appearance only or off the GTN really has nobody to blame but themselves if they are unhappy with Bioware correcting what they didn't implement right in the first place. Just saying people are trying to find excuses to make up for their own laziness in doing something as simple as following the tracker which stated it was wrong and that they were going to fix it. Don't even need the tracker, can see that those pieces are totally different in the promo art.

Wrong. This is BW's fault. As soon as they realized their mistake, they should have made the item UNAVAILABLE for any purchase until a fixed was made. If there was a known malfunction in a car that will cause it catastrophically explode, you don't make it available to purchase again until a fix is done.

BW KNEW it was a bugged, posted in forums where very few people will read, and continue to make the faulty piece available for purchase. This is absolutely unacceptable.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I should expect the Revan robes to be changed back into what they used to be? because the cartel pack image is clearly showing the old version in it's image...

They acknowledged a few weeks ago that the art for Revan's robe was incorrect after someone pointed out to them that neither the promo art nor cartel items matched how Revan looks in-game.

So why exactly did they change the apperance of cartel pack armors that were not shown in the advertisement like the trailblazer set?

I too bought the set becaucse of it ingame looks. How do this not count as a form of advertisement?

Bioware is doing a mistake here, which could very well affect the further sucess of the cartell market.

Exactly. I love this game. I've been playing it over a year now non-stop. I RARELY come to these forums because people are always complaining about crap, but now I see why they complain. It's bad enough Jedi robes are fugly, but did they REALLY have to change the cartel market armor just because they didn't match a picture? If I try it on my toon and I like it, I buy it. I don't want to have to worry down the line that some doofus messed up and now the look I was going for, spent money on, and aug'd or whatever is something hideous. I don't even wear the Revan Robes because they're fugly. I'd sell them to a vendor, but they wont buy cartel market items.

I like the sleek cat suit look, not some ugly hooded monstrosity with big shoulders. No toon I play wears a hood. My heavy armor wearers don't even wear the soldier armor because it's ugly. Someone SERIOUSLY needs to come up with better looks and not the same crap colored differently. Come ON, Bioware, don't make me regret giving you my hard earned money. Just change the bloody things back asap! Seriously, an operative wearing a hooded item, eew.

BW KNEW it was a bugged, posted in forums where very few people will read

Nope. The SWTOR site and forum are the official outlets for information, including known issues and patch notes. If you can't be bothererd to look at them occasionally, its your fault. I haven't looked, but I am sure that there is something in the TOS that indicates that in-game items are subject to change. Therefore, a person should really (really) think twice before committing large sums of money for specific items.

Yes, they fixed a known problem. Terrible support.

It wasn't broken on females, there was no female on the pack concept art, I built a character around it and spent a lot of real life money BEFORE they said anything about changing it, so yes, just taking it away is terrible support for the mistake THEY made, and I want my REAL LIFE MONEY back.

No, they alienated a big group of people that don't read these forums, which I'm sure is a much bigger group.

If you want to know what is going on with the game, bugs, future development, etc., maybe you should start. Especially if you are going to commit a lot of money to the game.

This is just silly.

I spent time and money getting my Shadow Phantom chest and Phantom gloves with Spymaster legs and feet. She looked awesome, like a stealthy futuristic ninja assassin. Now she just looks ridiculous.

Why do BioWare insist on putting odd attachments on everything! It's not like we don't already have armour with models very similar to the "fixed" Phantom stuff, so why take away our very limited options of minimalist clothing.

To everybody complaining about them not being as advertised previously, consider this:

That one picture on the Cartel pack is all you're going on, it doesn't even say that's the Phantom set, why aren't you complaining there's no belt then, or that the Revan's Robes are no longer "as advertised"?

The Phantom set icons are still the ones of the "broken" appearance.

People who saw this icon and previewed the item and loved the look, they are just screwed now right?

I have a hard to thinking there aren't more people that equipped the Phantom and Spymaster set because of how it looked at the time, both in the preview and the item icon screen, than people who equipped it based on one picture on a Cartel pack that may or may not have been the item (which you could preview and see wasn't that same model) in the first place.

Thank you for the clarification. Maybe now people will understand that that if they got an item with different artwork than what's shown in the promo that it's incorrect and likely to eventually be fixed and that the Dev Tracker is there for a reason and that this was noted last month as an issue and their fault for not following it.

Yeah because before buying something off the GTN most people do a cross-search for it on the forums in case one thread indicates the appearance is going to be changed.

Not.

What you seem to be saying is "Anyone who buys anything from the Cartel or GTN should accept that its appearance may be changed at any time by the programmers." If this is the case (and it does appear to be) Cartel items would appear to require a fairly large disclaimer along the lines of "Purchasers should not assume the games company is likely to have got the look of this item 'right' and it is liable to arbitrary alteration at some unspecified future time." I am not convinced many would spend money on that basis.

Bear in mind that some of the altered items (eg, Trailblazer) never appeared as artwork, so the claim that all the changes are to 'make items match the promo artwork' is nonsense in at least some cases. They were sought in packs or bought from the GTN on the only basis people had to judge them - the preview.

Edited by winterjane

Nope. The SWTOR site and forum are the official outlets for information, including known issues and patch notes. If you can't be bothererd to look at them occasionally, its your fault. I haven't looked, but I am sure that there is something in the TOS that indicates that in-game items are subject to change. Therefore, a person should really (really) think twice before committing large sums of money for specific items.

Sorry to not be pro like you and search their main site, forums, reddit, etc etc for possible "fixes" for any piece of gear I buy from the cartel store or GTN. This is asinine and shame on you BW for bending your subbing customers over a barrel.

Yeah. Great. Thanks for making my sniper look stupid now (had Phantom chest). So then I figured I would switch to the Spymaster set ... except that ALSO looks stupid now.

I really liked the old way the Phantom and Spymaster chests looked. They were different. Now the Phantom looks like dozen other silly shoulder looking hooded chests that are ALREADY in the game and I've seen the Spymaster chest before only a different colour and I thought it looked ugly then too. *sighs*

Edit: I just noticed that the Phantom gloves are also different too. They used to be nice, simple gloves. Now they have this thing on the back. Grrrrr!!

Edited by Elessara

It's totally incorrect in comparison to the promo art which as Joveth stated originally how it is supposed to look. It's false advertisement not looking as it does it is in the promo. What it looks like in the GTN is irrelevant because the GTN wasn't where it originated, that was the cartel market so even one person buying a pack and getting misrepresented gear is grounds for potentially disputing the purchase based on that.

Rubbish. People bought these items in the GTN because of their looks in the preview window. -- Do you expect people to go to the forums and look for clues that this might not look as it was intended?

This! Female and male sets have often other skin sets and the advertisement only shown the male variant. How was I supposed to know, that the ingame variant was not "intentended"?

And whats about the trailblazer set now?

I like the hood... those asinine Lee-Press-On shoulder... whatever the hell they are... they gotta go. And so does the design team's mentality that sticking random crap onto clothing/armor here and there makes it more aesthetically interesting somehow.

Fade to Black...

Sorry to not be pro like you and search their main site, forums, reddit, etc etc for possible "fixes" for any piece of gear I buy from the cartel store or GTN. This is asinine and shame on you BW for bending your subbing customers over a barrel.

I thank you for recognizing my Pro status, but I earned that for other accomplishments, not my ability to read a website.

I thank you for recognizing my Pro status, but I earned that for other accomplishments, not my ability to read a website.

being a Pro-Troll isn't really much of an accomplishment (lol, just messin.. sorry, hadda go there XD).

I like both versions of both sets, but I'd chosen the original version of the Spymaster for my sith assassin and the new version doesn't suit her at all.

I think that Bioware could please everyone if they made both versions of the items available in the game, with the second version exchangeable for the first if desired.

Yes it was. Both versions were obviously missing the detail meshes.

Obviously they were not missing on the female gear, but left off deliberately because a female SPY cat suit -it is called spymaster- (which is what female spy's, and Archer, always wear, DUH) is exactly what they should have offered us from the beginning in this game, and were finally rectifying, even if we had to spend real money for it. If it wasn't intended to be worn without that hideous chest mashing piece of crap and butt flap, why design all those details on the outfit underneath?

Yeah, the trouble with this is that the obvious answer seems to be "Do not give the games company your money, you fool."

I'm slightly bewildered as to why the games company thinks this is a great message to send.

Every "fix" BW just re-enforces this idea. Elder Scroll and other MMO's in the near horizon just can't come soon enough.

All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:

• The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • The Stylish Dancer Outfit (white) is in the Blockade Runner pack, but it was mistakenly used on the Skip Tracer pack art. The Fancy Reveler Outfit is red and included in the Skip Tracer pack. The artwork for the Skip Tracer pack will be updated to show the appropriate outfit in a future patch.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

Okay, seriously? What happened to,

Hi folks,

This change was unintentional and will be corrected in a future patch. Apologies for the inconvenience.

This has been my day so far: :eek::(:D:p:rolleyes::mad::mad::mad:

Edited by DarthSpooky

I'm sorry, but no.

Selling an item that doesn't match what is portrayed on the box is generally considered fraud. Putting a note on the company web site that the item in the box does not match the artwork does not change it from being fraudulent advertising. So yes, BW had to fix that.

But this is the equivalent of sneaking into peoples' homes in the middle of the night and swapping out what they purchased with what the company thinks they should have. It doesn't matter if the people bought it second hand (GTN), received it as a gift, or purchased it from the company store knowing exactly what was actually in the box. Most jurisdictions would consider this to be theft.

The only appropriate solution here was to offer refunds or exchanges to those who purchased the items based on faulty information. Ideally they would offer to replace the items with the original in-game look with new items with the look that matches the advertising.