Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be sure: choosing the darkside flirt option at Ord Mantell doesn't cause this?

Which one is it, I'm seeing some people say it's the first flirt option when you're on Ord Mantell and some people saying it's the event with her brother.

...I'm actually at the Defector quest, I'll let you guys know what happens... I wont choose the flirt option... See if that does anything.

Edited by Kjepp

So I'm out of Act I into Act II and have 5k affection with her already, problem is I haven't gotten a single companion cutscene from her with exception of the beginning one. Now I do know there were some issues regarding her in beta, I take it this is the problem that was occurring or am I not far enough in yet? Is there some cutscene that has to be triggered first from the main story before it will unlock her personal cutscenes?

Update: How to Avoid this Issue

When you kill her 'brother' and you have a chat with her in the briefing room choosing the DS flirt option makes the flirt option in your conversation with her after tython DS. When you choose both these options she mentions wanting to kiss you but not. And afterwards you cannot pick up a quest from her.

If you choose NOT to flirt with her, i.e. avoid DS points, the second conversation yields a non-DS flirt (not LS either for obvious jedi moral reasons). This time she 'accepts' your advance rather than allude to her feelings. Then suddenly a bunch of side quests bunch up on her by the cockpit (as opposed to the briefing room). The second and third have non-DS flirts.

Another important point to make. A lot of people are asking why they can't talk to her BEFORE meeting her 'brother'. There is a very good reason for this. The first quest she gives starts by assuming you know about her past, therefore proves that you MUST complete Nar Shaddaa before you get anything from her.

Courtesy of Cadan

What this guy says is completely accurate, I just did this and success.

Oh someone said that? Has this been confirmed to work by multiple sources?

No, the person misunderstood the post. He was talking about whether refusing to do the dreaded dark side flirt would really fix the bug, and found out that it did eventually.

Long story short: If you chose to do the dark side flirt after the abandoned mining station; your Kira will be bugged(?) and will not give you a further companion quest and it will interfere with the romance storyline.

What i'm really concerned about is whether it is intentional or not. It's hard to believe that the game would lock out ALL of her companion quests because of one choice. Especially when it provokes a rather large gain of affection. However, reading how refusing to do the first flirt actually leads to a different outcome....I mean if a patch will fix the line and i'll get to finish the romance than great, but if not then i'd like to just start working on my new knight as soon as i can.

Man this is stressful. I vote on bug regardless, and will continue my Jedi for now. But it's disturbing how long this has gone unnoticed, considering how popular the JK class is and how liked Kira is as a character. That is....unless it was intentional.....

/wrists.

Edited by SuperSair

Ok I am very bothered by this, because there is no way to correct this if the signs arent clear. BioWare really needs to fix this soon. I am just now finding out about this and its bugging me (no pun intended).

BioWare please fix this or let us know if it is intentional. I would seriously hate to reroll as a result of this. At least give us clues since all of our decisions are final.

Ok I figured something was up after progressing the story a bit but, really Bioware, the entire arc is broken? This is launch and a story issue, not some small game mechanic. Seriously, I'm almost always forgiving for launch bugs but after a beta as big and long(heh) as SWTOR, this type of thing should be at the top of the list of things to fix(and consequently, should have been fixed by now). Really, I love Bioware and the games they make but this is inexcusable for many reasons, and now my only options are to wait, reroll, or continue on and ignore it. I'd gladly wait(and probably will, after I put that subscription on hold until they get their story elements sorted out), but without a word from them on the issue, what's anyone supposed to believe? I just wish they'd put a bit more effort into letting us know what's going on, if anything is at all...

Ok I figured something was up after progressing the story a bit but, really Bioware, the entire arc is broken? This is launch and a story issue, not some small game mechanic. Seriously, I'm almost always forgiving for launch bugs but after a beta as big and long(heh) as SWTOR, this type of thing should be at the top of the list of things to fix(and consequently, should have been fixed by now). Really, I love Bioware and the games they make but this is inexcusable for many reasons, and now my only options are to wait, reroll, or continue on and ignore it. I'd gladly wait(and probably will, after I put that subscription on hold until they get their story elements sorted out), but without a word from them on the issue, what's anyone supposed to believe? I just wish they'd put a bit more effort into letting us know what's going on, if anything is at all...

There will obviously be a launch patch tomorrow (based on the final beta weekend and early access), so I'll just read the patch notes and see if it is fixed. If not.....I'll reroll.

*twitch*

Wish i would have found this a few days ago.. I was wondering she she hasnt wanted to talk for a little while.

Lets hope a patch tomorrow or making it to act 2 fixes this.

I can't see BioWare being dumb enough to NOT fix it (or state its intentional). There is a reason it wasn't prioritized...Alderaan Civil War Sky wasn't fixed until last beta weekend.

And it isn't "lets hope a patch" there WILL be a launch day patch...whether or not this is included is the real question.

I just has a kiss scene with Kira shortly after her big reveal and after the Tython dialogue. Is that further than most have gotten?

What's strange is I just had three conversations in a row with her so maybe it was hotfixed recently.

I got booted from Taral V and downloaded 2 small patches...as soon as I get through server queue imma check if it fixed Kira (doubtful)

I just has a kiss scene with Kira shortly after her big reveal and after the Tython dialogue. Is that further than most have gotten?

What's strange is I just had three conversations in a row with her so maybe it was hotfixed recently.

Did you do the DS flirt or did you skip it? that seems to be the deal breaker.

Well Ive been playing since july in beta and it was an issue back then, nobody knew when exactly it bugged but it was known that the kira quest line was bugged or there was something wrong with it. So it has def been around for along time now. Im level 31 now and picked the DS flirt option with to be honest wasnt even that even that bad to be darkside.

I to wish I had seen this post earlier because now my kira wants nothing to do with me and ive been using her so much for the very purpose of that quest ark, if the "bug" is infact intentional then she will never be used again. And I think that sucks that bioware would have such an extreme reaction to one chose when they took out being able to kill your companions for a similar reasoning.

Still debating rerolling as I feel even if they fix this "bug" am I going to just get this backlog of dialog with her or how would that work... anyways

It has to be a bug, there's no way they'd hinge an entire romance arc with a primary character on a single dialogue option(one that begins with [Flirt], even), and on the unlucky chance they did, there would be at least some falling out with Kira, no matter how little. As it stands, the dialogue option ends in uncertainty at worst, and nothing at all after that. If it was meant to be the end of that prospect, there would be some hint of it. Edited by Aexon

Ok I am very bothered by this, because there is no way to correct this if the signs arent clear. BioWare really needs to fix this soon. I am just now finding out about this and its bugging me (no pun intended).

BioWare please fix this or let us know if it is intentional. I would seriously hate to reroll as a result of this. At least give us clues since all of our decisions are final.

Yeah, so I'd like to know whether NOT picking a flirt option at Ord Mantell is going to lock me out from the possibility to romance Kira or not. I was soooo confused about this bug so I chose not to pick it, however, I'd like to romance her. Edited by Malister

/bump to this thread

I did pick the first dark side flirt with Kira

I am not lvl 37. On hoth. Kira has not said anything to me.

I am going to stop playing my Jedi Knight. One of the major pulls was to see the romance and the pull between Jedi and Attachments.

Bioware/Community people! Can we get an offical post that you are aware of this? It seems like fixing it and allowing a character to retroactively get the dialogues, then quests, ect ect would work. (Granted it wouldnt be as spread out over game time as it should be, but doing it all at once so that I didnt miss anything and bringing me up to speed seems legit)

But what about the moments where she alluded to "inappropriate urge" (kiss)? Can we get that undone?

Please let us know where you are on this. It is massively game effecting for many of us.