Q: With the upcoming changes in 5.6 - Alacrity or Crit?

Iymurra

5.6 is slated to bring a lethality change that alters the way we regain energy. Currently we regen 2 on poison crits, in 5.6 we're going to regen 1 on any tick, crit or non.

Tossing aside the question of if it is a dps gain or loss on the switch from 2 to 1 energy... do any of you have any thoughts about altering gear for a higher alacrity % and dumping crit to try to fit more attacks under a sanguinary/toxic window?

I'm guessing an extra 500 or so points of alacrity won't help out much with gcd speed but as I'm still gearing up my operative I don't have the spares to swap around and test out high alacrity builds.

Would any people like the share thoughts or experiences with high alacrity lethality builds?

To OP, (cant quote propely cuz typing from phone xd)

900 alac is really low, im using 16.13 % alac (which gives me 1.3 sec gcd iirc), you can run a little bit less, and better read that thread about alacrity stuff.

But i would recommend to play with 1.3 sec gcd (tbh i just cant play with less anymore cuz i feel too slow w/o it)

Asked the same question about healing on operatives some time back. Interesting thing to know is that there are only "3 steps of alacrity" everything in between seems to be wasted points :)