Corruptor Zero Information needed

Is this fight in 8man HM like.. really off?

We've gotten to him twice now and both times we've hit a wall. Compared to videos I have seen from Suckafish's kill or even Dulfy's kill of him. The Concussion mine hits for like...nothing, and the boss hits for like nothing. Hell Suckafish did it with 2 Assassin Tanks, and my Assassin Tank couldn't even survive having 1 stack of the debuff on him. The damage ramped up from about 9k on his Sweeping Slash, to 11k or 13k... Granted I'm sure both tanks in Suckafish were in full on 75s with 78s already in some slots when they went into the HM Zero fight and my Sin is in almost all 72s armoring wise and is mitigation heavy in mods/enhancements.

But god damn, is the difference between full 72s and full 75s in just DR that much that it can allow a Sin-tank to go from not being able to survive 1 stack to surviving FIVE as I saw one of the Suckafish guys live through... Or did something happen recently with this fight to bug it or severely alter the damage going out?

~Zen

I'm not sure of the Suckafish video that you're watching, but the Dulfy video and guide are based on her clear of the boss when it was on the PTS. She hasn't done any significant updates to her guide since the PTS, other than for one point about concussion mine debuff behaviour.

There were important changes to this fight when it was released, so while the Dulfy guide can give you an overview of what to expect for mechanics in the fight, it does not provide you with successful tactical details any longer. This applies to all her Dread Fortress and Dread Palace guides. I believe they are PTS guides and videos that were never updated for the actual Live content. She appears to be loosing interest in SWTOR since around the beginning of September, so I've started to rely less on her new guides.

Please refer to the discussion happening in the following thread for helpful suggestions on the Corruptor Zero fight.

Corruptor Zero Fully Powered Blast

On tank note. In this video our guardian is full 72 and one or two pices 78s. Vanguard tank full 72s and some 78s. This boss DOES hit like a truck and due to us not having as good gear as Dulffy or SuckaFish groups we had to adjust tactics.

copy and paste of my post from thread mentioned above:

-------------------------------------------------

This fight is very challenging for average team (like ours )

In order to beat this guy you should not follow Dulffy tactic as its good but it might not be best one for average team. They have very well geared tanks and healers and thous making this fight easier done their way. Don't get me wrong, I read their guides before every fight but i adjust if its not working for our group.

What we done to beat this fight:

a) stack at the boss at all times. Concussion Mine is a raid killer. On third stack it ticks for 8k and on fourth 11k. If you run to boss with 3 stacks already, your 4th stack will hit tank for around 8k (if not more) damage. Add this up to insane damage that goes up from this boss and there you go, its a wipe

b) if you have commando DPS or any other DPS class that can cleanse other toons, get them to remove Laser DoT of the tank (rather then your healers do it). We have our commando DPS do it. This leaves healers to quickly top up tank after damage spike. He will loose DPS but this will keep tanks alive. Easy choice for me

c) tank boss in the middle. His swipe was hitting our tanks for 2x11-13k in a second due to tanking by the wall. We were getting spikes of damage in region of 30k in 3 seconds. Once we started tank him in the middle, first swipe would push tank out and would delay another swipe hit for 2-3 seconds which allow two heals to hit a tank before second swipe lands.

d) during "range adds" phase get one of your DPS push one of the front adds in one spot so you can AoE stun, AoE lower their accuracy, and then use AoE to nuke them (you can see how i do it in video linked below. Sure i loose DPS but i don't care, at least we can down the boss). If you have Gunslinger, get him to drop his shield in the middle durring this phase of adds as they can wreck your healers if not stunned/tanked). I push one guy to others, then use my 8 seconds CC on two/one of them. Then nuke healer add (we split dps so two guys kill one and other two kill other healing droid). Once healing adds are down off-tank should have enough time to pick up all four adds so they not agro healers. Just AoE them down and back stacking on the boss.

e) run away from Anti-Gravity field, then stack back on the boss for Concussion Mine. If you are a tank don't run thru the boss, you have much too long path to travel. Just run away from boss and you will be fine. This is why tanking by the wall makes it difficult as well. If you try to run away from his stun, most of the time people try to run thru him.

Position your raid like this:

BOSSxTANKxRAID (you can see this on video below)

This makes your raid group have much less running to do when getting away from Anti-Gravity field.

Once you past forth wave of adds, move boss by the wall, nuke him below 25% so he will take off. After 4th wave you should have boss at around 40%. If you don't then you probably spending too much time clearing adds.

Please see video below of our fist kill (notice as one of our tanks gets hit so hard that he stayed with 2 health at one point !!!!!!!)

-----------------------------------

I'm not sure of the Suckafish video that you're watching, but the Dulfy video and guide are based on her clear of the boss when it was on the PTS. She hasn't done any significant updates to her guide since the PTS, other than for one point about concussion mine debuff behaviour.

There were important changes to this fight when it was released, so while the Dulfy guide can give you an overview of what to expect for mechanics in the fight, it does not provide you with successful tactical details any longer. This applies to all her Dread Fortress and Dread Palace guides. I believe they are PTS guides and videos that were never updated for the actual Live content. She appears to be loosing interest in SWTOR since around the beginning of September, so I've started to rely less on her new guides.

Please refer to the discussion happening in the following thread for helpful suggestions on the Corruptor Zero fight.

What are you talking about, all of the guides have being updated to live version with new videos from live. The only old videos from PTS are Nefra and Grob'thok which I didn't have feel have a significant change to upload a new video.

The Dread Palace guide was infact created after the operation release on live as I didn't have time on the PTS to clear it.

Please actually verify your facts next time before spewing out false info (or you know actually read the guide and see it for yourself), thank you.

Edited by Iwipe

Is this fight in 8man HM like.. really off?

We've gotten to him twice now and both times we've hit a wall. Compared to videos I have seen from Suckafish's kill

Found your problem.

But seriously, it's entirely possible you're getting blown up because of itemization. My alt PT survives him just fine and I did hardly any NIM TFB/SV on him. Maybe you're using too many high endurance enhancements or mods.

I'm another one of the OP's raid members, and I can also testify that when reviewing Dulfy's video (not the PTS one, but this one:

) and Suckafish's, I did see an increase in damage that doesn't seem like it's due to gear difference. We've had people die to the Mine for 14-15k damage when the mine had 3 stacks on it. But if you look at the video I linked above, you'll see that the damage the Mine does in that one is several times less than what we were taking.

Granted, the video I linked was before BioWare changed it to have a cast bar so it's not THE most up to date. However, I am curious if this increase in damage has anything to do with the known bug of the "fake" Mines that get thrown out. What my fellow guild mate and I are really out for is to see if anyone else has noticed this. Our progression group is in full 72s or better (augmented ofcourse), so we understand that there is a gear difference between us and the hardcore progression guilds out there, but the slight difference in gear shouldn't have such a drastic difference in damage being taken.

Sincerely,

Jester

I haven't actually watched Dulfy's Corrupter Zero video, but it may have been made during the first week, before Concussion Mine was fixed. Some of the more recent videos are more instructive, at least in terms of mine execution. It depends on which aspect of the fight you're finding to be challenging. I've now cleared this boss on HM with three different groups in our guild, and in my experience, there are two things that wipe groups: healers falling behind due to improper add management (CC the D-15!), and the lasers phase. So, in lieu of other information, I would generically say that you should tighten up on add management, make sure your tanks never have more than 4 stacks, and ensure your healers know that they need to keep everyone mostly topped-off at all times.

I haven't actually watched Dulfy's Corrupter Zero video, but it may have been made during the first week, before Concussion Mine was fixed. Some of the more recent videos are more instructive, at least in terms of mine execution. It depends on which aspect of the fight you're finding to be challenging. I've now cleared this boss on HM with three different groups in our guild, and in my experience, there are two things that wipe groups: healers falling behind due to improper add management (CC the D-15!), and the lasers phase. So, in lieu of other information, I would generically say that you should tighten up on add management, make sure your tanks never have more than 4 stacks, and ensure your healers know that they need to keep everyone mostly topped-off at all times.

We're doing fine with the adds. Its the damage that the Concussion Mine is doing and the extra damage our assassin tank is taking that is the issue. Upon reviewing the videos prior to the Concussion Mine changes and what our experience has been running the raid, the Mines are doing several times the damage.

Sincerely,

Jester

We're doing fine with the adds. Its the damage that the Concussion Mine is doing and the extra damage our assassin tank is taking that is the issue. Upon reviewing the videos prior to the Concussion Mine changes and what our experience has been running the raid, the Mines are doing several times the damage.

Sincerely,

Jester

As long as you're not taking more than three ticks to cleanse the mine and you're not having add problems, it shouldn't really be an issue to heal through it. If the adds are being managed, then your healers should have enough time/energy to top off the raid at all times. If the tanks are swapping appropriately, then the healers will be able to get off the tanks long enough to heal through the mine (if they're quick about getting on the player who is taking ZOMG MASSIVE DAMAGE). All it comes down to at that point is just cleansing it before it ticks more than 3 times.

@FridgeLM; This is the damage log of my last death, keeping in mind I had roughly 34% DR closer to 35% (upgrading to Dread Forged helm put me at 35%). I'm itemized for mitigation with roughly 55% Shield rating (Dark Ward up), 22% Defense Chance, and 40ish% on Absorption. I was sitting just under 39k HP when we fought him.

22:09:02.054 Corruptor Zero hits you with Bleeding (Physical) for 6620 internal damage.

22:09:02.056 You lose Corruptor Zero's Bleeding (Physical) effect.

22:09:02.195 You gain Reconstruct from Pixxy.

22:09:02.196 You gain Resurgence from Pixxy.

22:09:02.229 Pixxy heals you with Resurgence for 1526 (687 threat).

22:09:02.658 Kaisarios heals you with Surgical Probe for 2892 (1301 threat).

22:09:02.854 Corruptor Zero hits you with Sweeping Slash for 11203 kinetic damage.

22:09:03.123 You activate Shock.

22:09:03.124 You spend 25 Force.

22:09:03.125 You lose Energize effect.

22:09:03.811 You lose Terraphond's Hunter's Boon effect.

22:09:03.811 You lose Terraphond's Unnatural Might effect.

22:09:03.811 You lose Terraphond's Mark of Power effect.

22:09:03.812 You lose Terraphond's Coordination effect.

22:09:03.812 You lose Harnessed Darkness effect.

22:09:03.813 You lose Shield Overcharge effect.

22:09:03.813 You lose Dark Ward effect.

22:09:03.814 You lose Pixxy's Reconstruct effect.

22:09:03.814 You lose Pixxy's Resurgence effect.

22:09:03.815 You lose Corruptor Zero's Corruption Nanites effect.

22:09:03.816 You gain Sprint.

22:09:03.835 Corruptor Zero hits you with Sweeping Slash for 13444 kinetic damage.

22:09:03.835 Corruptor Zero kills you.

22:09:03.882 You hit Corruptor Zero with Shock for 2343* energy damage (5391 threat).

This coming from my Parsec log.

Within the span of a single global cooldown I took a grand total of:

With ONE STACK of his debuff, not two, not three. The log in its entirety is 45 seconds log, I didn't have a chance to deal with adds (or they had just spawned when i died).

I highly highly doubt this is an issue of spike damage, simply because in a SM run we did right after I tanked Zero for the entire fight. During the course of that I took 18 sweeping slashes, so its not like its something that is going to be a few times over the course of a fight (EX: Massive Slam which was 11 times). It is going to be every time he's in melee mode, I've heard it talked about as his basic attack in this mode.

Right now, I do not see a way for me to survive this fight. Period.

Yet on launch day when Suckafish's videos were recorded (and the Livestream was done), one of their Sin Tanks survived with 5 stacks and lost 50% of his HP as a spike. Yes, I know they have 75s and yes I know they are better geared then I am. Not denying that in the slightest but I doubt they could survive that much damage in such a short span of time....

~Zen

That's a lot of damage. I'm not entirely sure why Sweeping Slash is hitting you that hard if you only have 1 stack. 4+ stacks, yes, I can totally believe it, but not 1 stack. One thing I can think of is that the bleed should have been cleansed faster. I don't think he does Sweeping Slash immediately following the bleed, so you shouldn't quite be taking that much damage all at once. Removing the bleed brings your 31k damage window down to a (more manageable) 25k, which should only be about 65% of your maximum HP, assuming you're using your Ultimate coms. That's not really all that bad. Your healers will have plenty of time to react. Make sure you pop a cooldown or adrenal when your health dips below 30-40% and you should be alright.

The tanks do get spiked very hard in this fight. Healers just need to be really on top of it.

What icon does the bleed use?

Or is it tied into Corrupted Nanites? (his debuff name I believe, I've never read the name of it frankly)

Cause if it is then our healers will need to adjust and cleanse each time I get a stack, since I presume it will be reapplied each time I get a stack if the debuff is the cause.

That's a lot of damage. I'm not entirely sure why Sweeping Slash is hitting you that hard if you only have 1 stack. 4+ stacks, yes, I can totally believe it, but not 1 stack. One thing I can think of is that the bleed should have been cleansed faster. I don't think he does Sweeping Slash immediately following the bleed, so you shouldn't quite be taking that much damage all at once. Removing the bleed brings your 31k damage window down to a (more manageable) 25k, which should only be about 65% of your maximum HP, assuming you're using your Ultimate coms. That's not really all that bad. Your healers will have plenty of time to react. Make sure you pop a cooldown or adrenal when your health dips below 30-40% and you should be alright.

The tanks do get spiked very hard in this fight. Healers just need to be really on top of it.

Even if the bleed effect is cleansed and he only take 25k damage, that's 25k damage in the span of a global cooldown just from the boss's basic attacks. Tell me of 2 healers in an 8 man run that can heal 25k damage in one global cooldown. I can understand if the damage is from a mechanic like EC Kephess Breath of the Masters and such that can cause a one-shot, but that damage is from basic attacks only. Just seems like too much damage is going out from my perspective.

Sincerely,

Jester

What icon does the bleed use?

Or is it tied into Corrupted Nanites? (his debuff name I believe, I've never read the name of it frankly)

Cause if it is then our healers will need to adjust and cleanse each time I get a stack, since I presume it will be reapplied each time I get a stack if the debuff is the cause.

The debuff icon on Thiol is the Bleed icon.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/swtor-corruptor-zero-dread-fortress-operation-guide-3.jpg

Edited by Iwipe

Even if the bleed effect is cleansed and he only take 25k damage, that's 25k damage in the span of a global cooldown just from the boss's basic attacks. Tell me of 2 healers in an 8 man run that can heal 25k damage in one global cooldown. I can understand if the damage is from a mechanic like EC Kephess Breath of the Masters and such that can cause a one-shot, but that damage is from basic attacks only. Just seems like too much damage is going out from my perspective.

Sincerely,

Jester

It's not actually his basic attack. Sweeping Slash is a periodic, high-damage attack. Not his highest damaging attack, but still periodic. 25k healing in one GCD is actually pretty easy for two commando healers (Advanced Medical Probe > Bacta Infusion x2 == 27k with average crits in exactly one GCD), but of course very few people run that comp. You don't actually need 25k healing though. Just be topped off before it happens and give your healers a few seconds to catch up:

Sorc: Bubble > Dark Infusion (3.7 seconds and an average of 15k healing)

Op: Kolto Injection > Surgical Probe (3.2 seconds and an average of 11k healing)

Merc: Rapid Scan > Healing Scan (3.2 seconds and an average of 15k healing); optional Emergency Scan for 6k more

Two coordinated healers can easily drop 30k on a target in about 3 seconds assuming average crits. More if their cooldowns are up, and more still if they're single-target healers (merc ftw).

Incidentally, the bleed was what was cleansed off of you right at the start of the log fragment you pasted. You had the bleed, and you must have had it for at least a few GCDs or it wouldn't have been up for Sweeping Slash.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

Sorc: Bubble > Dark Infusion (3.7 seconds and an average of 15k healing)

Op: Kolto Injection > Surgical Probe (3.2 seconds and an average of 11k healing)

Merc: Rapid Scan > Healing Scan (3.2 seconds and an average of 15k healing); optional Emergency Scan for 6k more

Two coordinated healers can easily drop 30k on a target in about 3 seconds assuming average crits. More if their cooldowns are up, and more still if they're single-target healers (merc ftw).

The numbers you posted with the different healers are healing that in the span of 2 GCDs. So if you cut that in half for 1 GCD, they're healing an average of about 13-15k HP. If you look at the OP's combat log, you'll see he does the Sweeping Slash twice in the span of one GCD that adds to the total of the 31k damage he took in that time frame. I don't know of a single healer that can do an average of 12k HPS single target much less two. While I agree with your numbers, those are over a longer time period. We've been having our assassin tank get hit for over 25k consistently in the span of 1.5 seconds; too much damage for any set of healers to deal with in 8 man ops.

Sincerely,

Jester

The numbers you posted with the different healers are healing that in the span of 2 GCDs. So if you cut that in half for 1 GCD, they're healing an average of about 13-15k HP. If you look at the OP's combat log, you'll see he does the Sweeping Slash twice in the span of one GCD that adds to the total of the 31k damage he took in that time frame. I don't know of a single healer that can do an average of 12k HPS single target much less two. While I agree with your numbers, those are over a longer time period. We've been having our assassin tank get hit for over 25k consistently in the span of 1.5 seconds; too much damage for any set of healers to deal with in 8 man ops.

Did he get hit for 25k in the next GCD as well? What about the previous one? My point is that the damage on most bosses looks like this:

1k > 1k > 30k!!!! > 1k > 1k

I generally assume a 3 second burst window for any healing. But as I said, two commandos can put out 27k healing on a single target (doesn't need to be two if the boss is faced away) in one GCD. AMP is a single GCD and back-loaded, but Bacta Infusion is frontloaded. If you really want burst, casting AMP > BI is going to drop all of that healing essentially simultaneously (the flytext will precisely overlay). If you want even more burst and you have a cooldown up, Advanced Medical Probe > Tech Override + Medical Probe is even more healing in exactly the same timespan (one GCD).

If your tank is getting hit for 25k in every GCD, then yes, something is horrifically wrong. Even if your tank is getting hit for 25k in back-to-back GCDs, then something is probably wrong. However, I haven't seen that happen on any content to date without some other mechanic being horribly screwed up (e.g. NiM Kel'sara on a tank with 7+ stacks).

Burst windows like this are precisely why tanks have HP in the first place. During the lull moments, between spike attacks, healers should be trying to push tank HP back up into the 80-90% range (no point in going all the way to 100%, and doing so can cause overheal issues with shadows). During the burst moments, tanks can fall down into the 20s and 30s if it's a really sharp burst, but healers have lull moments immediately thereafter to catch up. As long as their attention isn't divided by numerous targets taking damage during the lulls (which does happen), it's pretty easy to repeatedly prop up tanks for these heavy hits.

Incidentally, I found one of my logs from a week or two ago tanking Corrupter Zero (not our main group, incidentally). http://www.torparse.com/a/459162/37/0/Damage+Taken Sweeping Slash hit me 6 times (total). Unshielded and undefended, it hit for 8759 damage. Now, only one of my armorings is 72 (the rest are 75 and 78), so I'm definitely going to mitigate more of that hit than most shadows, but the point is that it only hit 6 times and the healers (which were not our main healing combo) were able to keep up with the spikes.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

This is a pile of *****, dulfys guides are totally up to date and she posts stuff faster than anyone, I get the impression you have a hidden agenda with your post.

Edited by Apeth

We've cleared it both in 8- and 16-man HM with 2 juggernaut tanks who were geared in BiS 72s the first time.

Some tips:

- Saber Reflect reflects his Chest Laser attack.

- Tank him towards one of the corners, but stand so you can get knock-backed. The knock-back is really a tank switch mechanic, and if you are taking large amounts of the damage from the knock-back, this would be a good time to tank switch.

- Everyone needs to stack on the boss. The Concussion Mine is a real killer if it reaches 3 stacks (especially in 16 man HM).

- Cycle your defensive cooldown. Some tanks like to go "ooh shiat" and pop all of their cooldowns at the same time. Don't do that.

For us the real killer was when he reached ~ 25%, jumped to a corner and did his laser blast. That combined with the adds wiped us a couple of times. What we did was that one tank AOE-taunted and then we CC'ed the adds (flashbang), while the second tank used an aggro-dump (Enraged Defense is great as it heals you as well). The tank that aggo-dumped wouldn't get hit at all by the adds after the CC ran out, and could easily pick up the boss afterwards with full health.

Love how much complaining is occurring about this fight.

It's not. It's not even the "best of the best" guilds that are getting this done. It's accomplished by guilds in 72's.

You're doing something wrong. Lashing out at Dulfy, KBN, or anyone else that's getting the content down and saying something along the lines of "you don't understand!" is pretty much bull. There are one of two things happening here.

1) You are misreporting what happened.

2) You do not fully understand what is happening.

The advice that's out there is functional. If you are misrepresenting what is happening no amount of advice is going to help you. If you are not fully understanding what's happening, video cap your attempts and let people see what is actually going on.

Either way best wishes in your attempts. Hope you figure it out.

It's not. It's not even the "best of the best" guilds that are getting this done. It's accomplished by guilds in 72's.

You're doing something wrong. Lashing out at Dulfy, KBN, or anyone else that's getting the content down and saying something along the lines of "you don't understand!" is pretty much bull. There are one of two things happening here.

The advice that's out there is functional. If you are misrepresenting what is happening no amount of advice is going to help you. If you are not fully understanding what's happening, video cap your attempts and let people see what is actually going on.

Totally agree with you on that. There are so many people calling this fight bugged because they cannot tell the difference between the stacking and the non-stacking debuff.

While I can see that there is some kind of bug in this fight, we do not really know what the intended behavior is, and until then I would not say that stacking on the boss is the one and only way to do this boss.

Right now, stacking up on the boss is a good way to counter this bug if your DPS cannot move into the boss quickly enough, but then your melee DPS have trouble killing the adds, unless you always move the boss on top of the adds, which adds challenge to your tanks but makes the healers' job easier.

My raid group had good healers so we just spread out and had the person with the stacking debuff walk into the boss; it really works either way, just try out which strategy works best for your group.

Edited by Jerba

You said Concussion Mind is killing your raid group, adjust your tactics (just like we did which I already posted above).

Apart from times where adds are out, just stack on the boss and you will not see a single stack of Concussion Mine as it will be dispelled withing first second. We had huge issues with mine hitting for 8k on third stack and if you did get a crit (yes - this ability can crit) you will get 15k damage on third tick. If thats happens then its a wipe.

By stacking at the boss, you loose DPS as whole group needs to run away from Anti-Gravity Field, but this fight is not really a DPS race (you still need to pull some numbers to get only 4 waves of adds before 25%).

Also as mentioned above by letting boss push you away with his swiping strike, you will not get hit twice in a row with this ability so it will give time for your healers to catch up.

Also there are two debuffs to be dispelled. During Melee phase its a blue icon, and during range phase its a dot you get after Laser is finished casting. Just get one of your DPS to help with dispel of that Laser Debuff (looki like gunslinger Life Shot icon) if your healers are struggling with healing and dispelling.

Edited by Macio

Right now, stacking up on the boss is a good way to counter this bug if your DPS cannot move into the boss quickly enough, but then your melee DPS have trouble killing the adds, unless you always move the boss on top of the adds, which adds challenge to your tanks but makes the healers' job easier.

I agree that best way of doing it is stacking on the boss.

But if you do it in the middle of the room, you have adds close to you no matter which direction they come from. Most melee has some kind of gap closer (i think only vanguards have "Hold The Line" which is not that great) but sentinels can force leap, shadows can Force Speed to adds, Scoundrels can roll towards adds etc etc.

Not to mention that melee adds come to your group anyway so get range to kill healers, let melee adds get close to your healers then tank AoE taunt and you nuke them ...

You're misunderstanding the point of this thread and the one that I created that is also related to this. We are trying to find out if obvious increase in damage from the Concussion Mine is intentional or not; because one of the patch notes of 2.4.1 stated that the damage from the mine was suppose to be reduced. My raid group is making adjustments based off of what we're experiencing and it is going well.

So your 2 conclusions of what you think is going on are complete waste of time and I would appreciate your elitist attitude to up the dose on its medications. People have already been showing logs and such that proves the damage from the Mine has gone up when it was "fixed". Once again, this contradicts the changes BioWare claims to have made. And before you change my words and spin this, let me get one thing straight; I nor my guild mate, are complaining. We're trying to figure out if this increase in the Mines' damage is by design and is going to stay for good or if there are changes coming in the near future.

Sincerely,

Jester