Rotation for DPS Operative

sdjonsson

Hi guys,

I'm a returning player, last time I played, was when the level cap was 65 and the last Chapter was X :)

I'm looking at all the old sites, like dulfy.net and searching google, and i'm struggling to find a decent rotation guide for DPS.

When I last played I was mostly healer, but I wanted to progress now as dps, either Lethality og Concealment.

I have forgot so much about the game, that I don't even know what my abilities names is, or what they do :p

Can Anyone point me to a good site, with a good class guide and rotation.

It doesn't have to be perfect, just to get me started again.

I recommend checking http://parsely.io/ to see the top dps players rotation.

If you have bad gear and low stats it will be hard to follow the same rotation, since they in general have mad high alacrity from guildperks and augments and also maximise all utilities for that extra dps. But its still a good Place to find a rotation or get inspired to how to set up a rotation.

I also recommend http://www.rambol.net for concealment PVP guide, that work aswell for PVe and gives a good understanding of the class.

For some easy rotations:

Lethality

General - Always have dots on target (corrosive grenade+corrosive dart) then use Lethality strike and Toxic Blast when ever they are available, spamm Corrosive Assault when ever you have tacticals. To get tacticals use Shiv (Toxic Blast also gives tacticla)

So I would start with: Stealth->Lethal Strike+Stim Boost->Corrosive Grenade->Corrosive Dart->Toxic Blast->Spam Corrosive Assault->Shiv->Spam Corrosive Assault again...

Concealment

Stealth->Backstab->Volatile Substance->Veiled Strike->Spam Laceration

Backstab+Volatile Substance should be used as soon as they come available, if target runs away and you cant backstab him but target has Volatile Substance use a Corrosive Dart so that explodes the Volatile Substance. Corrosive dart i would say isnt good to use in a general rotation since its expensive with energy. use Veiled strike to gain more tacticals and use crippling slice as a filler.

The "rotation" is very easy with lethality and concealment the trick is to find a good way to keep gaining tacticals as often as possible so there is a nice flow to it. If you stealth out in combat (not recommended for single player mode since it resets bosses/enemies) u can start over the rotation and get a new tactical. Holotraverse can give you a tactcial if you use that utility.

Hope this gives you enough to start and from here you can find your own best rotation.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I'm a returning player, last time I played, was when the level cap was 65 and the last Chapter was X :)

I'm looking at all the old sites, like dulfy.net and searching google, and i'm struggling to find a decent rotation guide for DPS.

When I last played I was mostly healer, but I wanted to progress now as dps, either Lethality og Concealment.

I have forgot so much about the game, that I don't even know what my abilities names is, or what they do :p

Can Anyone point me to a good site, with a good class guide and rotation.

It doesn't have to be perfect, just to get me started again.

This is the exact situation I am in. I left as a fairly good player but literally forgot all my rotations and how things work.

On a side note in this thread, I was heal but going to go to either lethality or conceal. What would you have your companion set on?

Nothing much has changed for DPS Operatives in quite a while.

It's been gone over before but here is a brief overview.

For Concealment: You want to work in as many Lacerations as you can. To do this you need as many Tactical Advantages as you can have. Use Shiv as soon as it comes off cooldown. Work Backstab and Volatile Substance in as they come off cooldown. If you have the Acid Lash tactical you won't need to apply Corrosive Dart to ensure you have poisons running on the target, if you do not yet have that tactical you may want to work in a Corrosive Dart once in a while to blow Volatile Substance up and keep your collateral strikes refunding TAs once every 2 shivs.

Use the root knife skill if you're running low on energy, it has no energy cost. Always try to keep yourself above 60 energy to maintain maximum energy regeneration. You can drop below 60 energy every time Adrenaline Probe comes up.

At least 1 Shiv (Veiled Strike) and 1 Laceration should be performed for every "rotational block" (4 GCDs between Shivs) to ensure you don't overcap TAs. Volatile Substance takes priority over a Laceration if a poison dot is not on the target. Backstab takes priority over Laceration always. Marked Target Backstab takes priority over Laceration if you are not at 2 TAs (3 TAs with the Tactician Set Bonus)

For Lethality: Lethality is a delayed burst spec. In order to do significant damage you need to have dots on the target before using Corrosive Assault and Toxic Blast should be on the target as often as possible. To maximize your damage you want to fit as many dot ticks into a Toxic Blast window as is possible. Corrosive Assault forces your dots to tick independent of their normal ticks so you want as many Corrosive Assaults in a Toxic Blast window as possible.

Lethal Strike can also be used while in a Toxic Blast window as it'll apply internal damage which will give you a tick from Toxic Blast. Toxic Haze will also tick Toxic Blast.

Ideally when re-applying your Corrosive Grenade and Corrosive Dart you'll put at least one GCD between them, i.e. Corrosive Grenade > Filler > Corrosive Dart. It helps keep some cooldowns from misaligning too badly.

Lastly: Lethal Strike is good to use before dumping a bunch of Corrosive Assaults into a target, Lethal Strike will provide increased crit chance and damage for your dots and Corrosive Assault will provide ticks from both Corrosive Grenade and Corrosive Dart (if present). However, it is more important to fit as many dot ticks under a Toxic Blast window than it is to fit as many Corrosive Assaults under a Lethal Strike window.

Oh, and re: companions. I always run with tank companions or DPS companions unless I'm running H4s. You may get more mileage out of Healer companions. I do not.

Hope that helps a little.