Frustrated with my Pyrotech. >:(

JediTrials

I'm pulling my hair out. Early game (mid-20s) was fun. I absolutely slaughtered in pvp and often got top damage, but now I can't seem to do anything. I die all the time, and rarely get any kills.

I'm level 35, and having a mid-game crisis. My brother (sniper/dps) destroys everything, and he's a level below me. He slaughtered this boss, and had full health for his companion and toon, at the end of it. I tried the exactly same boss, and my companion and I both died, while the boss was at half health.

I've geared up as well as I could, and I know my rotations (from reading this forum many times); has this happened to anyone else? What should I do? I'm seriously considering giving up, and beginning a new toon (either sniper or assassin).:mad::(

My PT is currently 33 and I still have a blast blowing away people in PVP. PVE can be a bit rough since I'm squishier than a Shield Tech PT but I still manage. What I did that I think really helps my DPS is I first put points into Adv. Prototype. I put 3 into Puncture, 2 into Burn Enhancers, and 1 into Proto Cylinders. Then after that I started up the Pyrotech tree. I gotta say, when RS comes up, its pretty much game over for the other guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know what you're doing wrong but I've been top damage literally every WZ I've played since I swapped from tank spec. Pyro PT is faceroll. I will even win a 1v2 here and there and the only straight up 1v1 I've lost was to a 49 Marauder.

*Even if all you did was run in and FB > RS > FBFBFB until PPA, rinse and repeat, you should still be stomping people.

Edited by Spectreality