Satele Shan Server crashed.

Toraak

Looks like the Satele Shan Server just crashed. It kicked me out of the game back to server selection screen, and I can log into every server except Satele shan now.

Satele Shan server also says it's Offline.

Edited by Toraak

Been away a long time, so forgive me for the question but...

When servers crash, how long do they usually take to bring them back up? I'm not too worried it will be long as I assume they are all in the office right now and are working on it now (I'm sure), but was wondering if the average time is like 5 minutes, 30 mins 2 hours etc.

Like WoW seems to be between 5 and 10 mins, FFXIV is usually 2 mins or so, UO is like hours at a time etc

dang that suxa, why did it need a roll back :eek: They need better hamsters, someone needs to give them redbull.

With a sudden crash, if we're only talking a few minutes at most, there is a gap between the current live state of a server and the most recent set of updates to the server database. Anything that occurs in that gap goes bye-bye. Odd that there is no persistent real-time caching, or if there is, even the cache went down.

It's also possible that the server team took the server back to the last moment that the server was deemed stable.

Edited by xordevoreaux