PLEASE- End Game ?

TripleAstyle

Quick story- I played WOW for 5 years. I have not played any MMO's in the last 2 years. I really enjoyed WOW, but DO NOT want to play it anymore. I purchased SWTOR and it seems pretty cool (only level 6)---- BUT I am looking for end game / raiding ect. Eventually. So-

I have noticed there is not a " PvE " forum/thread. ? I have also read from an unreliable/unknown source that the SWTOR development team planned for the game to follow the "storyline" (i like this alot), but did not intend for it to be an endgame type of game. As if you play the storyline to level 50, and then there isn't much to do.

My question is for anyone with level 50's, and more forum and game knowledge.- Does this game present raid content for "hardcore" players, similiar to the original WOW? I understand the game is very new, and I played WOW vanilla so I understand it takes a lot of time to develop and create ideas for raid content, but does SWTOR even plan on expanding the raid content? Is there much real raid content at the moment?

Thanks alot for any help. I just don't want to spend time playing if in the end I have nothing to do. ie Raid.

-Dont tell me to go back to WOW...(won't happen) Im not hating on the game I just want to know what the deal is.

I would say it's a joke because it was very easy to race through the raids up to and through Nightmare, but two thoughts occurred to me:

• It's normal to under-tune raids for a game nobody knows how to play yet
  • A group of elite raiders from other MMOs is still a group of elite raiders

Edited by Mirela

Quick story- I played WOW for 5 years. I have not played any MMO's in the last 2 years. I really enjoyed WOW, but DO NOT want to play it anymore. I purchased SWTOR and it seems pretty cool (only level 6)---- BUT I am looking for end game / raiding ect. Eventually. So-

I have noticed there is not a " PvE " forum/thread. ? I have also read from an unreliable/unknown source that the SWTOR development team planned for the game to follow the "storyline" (i like this alot), but did not intend for it to be an endgame type of game. As if you play the storyline to level 50, and then there isn't much to do.

My question is for anyone with level 50's, and more forum and game knowledge.- Does this game present raid content for "hardcore" players, similiar to the original WOW? I understand the game is very new, and I played WOW vanilla so I understand it takes a lot of time to develop and create ideas for raid content, but does SWTOR even plan on expanding the raid content? Is there much real raid content at the moment?

Thanks alot for any help. I just don't want to spend time playing if in the end I have nothing to do. ie Raid.

-Dont tell me to go back to WOW...(won't happen) Im not hating on the game I just want to know what the deal is.

The endgame here is an exact replica of WoW and other MMOs. You do HM Flashpoints and raids of varying difficulty in the hopes of a boss droid pooping out a token. Difficulty level is yet to be determined.

s.

Thre is raid content right now and heroics, There was also a new raid announced and released for next week. (check the main page for a preview)

I'm 50 and currently have a ton to do. there is a lot of misinformation out there from people who....well i don't know why they post the misinformation, it's strange.

People are progressing 1000000 times faster then it took people to clear molten core itself. However they already announced adding 5 bosses to end game raid already.

Well i'm not sure about that quote, MC was being cleared within a month and a half on Kilrogg....regularly.

I completely understand your point of view when approaching a new mmo such as SWTOR. However, I just wanted to offer a slightly different perspective. I played WoW for only a year and disliked the fact that the meat of the game was the end-game. I'm not a raider and actually prefer story content to fill my play time. This is exactly why an mmo like LOTRO has kept me busy for so long.

LOTRO is not about rushing to endgame and raid, raid raid. The journey to endgame is just as important and it's the reason so many like myself love and play LOTRO (recent microtransaction silliness notwithstanding).

SWTOR gives me exactly what I loved about LOTRO but sets me in a completely different universe. To be fair, Bioware constantly adverstised SWTOR as an mmo with a heavy emphasis on Story. And if anyone has played a Bioware game, you know that Story, plot and character developement is their forte. So when I heard and saw what Bioware was crafting with regard to SWTOR, I was very intrigued.

Despite the growing pains of being a new mmo and all the issues that come with that, I'm enjoying my journey to 50 immensely. Now, I know there is already a decent amount of endgame (read: raid) content available that I most likely won't be participating in right away. Due to the massive popularity of WoW, it's almost expected that a new mmo must have this content available if it wants to attract a large playerbase.

However, I'm incredibly happy that the raid (wow-style) content is there for the hardcore mmo grinder, raider types and there is an amazing wealth of story and immersive voice over work to flesh out the world and help me really become invested in the plot and the overall story that my characters are becoming a part of.

I know there are plenty of players who are becoming or have become burned out by WoW. I know SWTOR is looked at as a possible new home in some respects. I just hope that the end-game-or-die attitude remains balanced by those of us who loved games like LOTRO and who want to explore a new mmo with both group content (not just raids but the ability to surround ourselves with strangers, make friends, quest together and enjoy an epic story as a team) and good story.

I just hope the community doesn't try to force SWTOR to be the next WoW. Let those of us who love the journey to endgame have just as much fun as those who rocket to endgame to raid to their heart's delight. It's only less than a month old but despite any and all annoyances, my friends, wife and I are having a blast!

Cheers!

Edited by robotsonik