(Spoiler) Chapter 13 - Romances from the failed mission at the end of the Chapter

Darth_Exar

Even my sith couldn't do it. My warrior is light 5 and my inquisitor is light 5 and both love their husbands. To kill either would take ALOT and I mean A LOT. Not just 'oh that thing you did 8 years ago game time deserves death even though I said I forgave you, yeah no. You forgive them, you keep your word.

But, eh. When people wind up with their alliance finding some way to kill them in their sleep or leave unnoticed, they'll stop killing willy-nilly. (The non-rpers I mean)

Same here, but I could see some people playing that kind of character and it being believable (though horrible and sad :( ) but I just can't see any of the other classes doing it, especially for something like disobeying an order or failing a mission.

I kind of assumed the Alliance Alerts wouldn't really matter much either (whether you recruited or killed them or whatever) but I'm still wondering why I got a message from Xalek that "he will remember your cruelty" when I sent him to jail. That seems to imply he's going to pop up again later...:eek:

I'm thinking that maybe if there ever will be a fight on Odessen all your prisoners will be set free and join the enemy to joyously murder your men :p

Other than that I doubt they will ever, ever play any role. Not significant at least. Good, at least by my book because that would take creen time from the interesting companions ;)

Same here, but I could see some people playing that kind of character and it being believable (though horrible and sad :( ) but I just can't see any of the other classes doing it, especially for something like disobeying an order or failing a mission.

Some people, not everyone of course, who says they killed companion x due to role playing is a big *********** liar. They killed that/those companion(s) because they could. For some reason their ego got in a tiff over whichever companion that acted like they normally do, got the PC pissed in real life and said 'oh hell no, this guy/girl is dead!'

Not because they role played their toon as evil or that's their personality. Nope, it's because they never liked that companion. I have companions I'm not fond of. Hell, everyone does. I get annoyed when people don't like male LIs for whatever reason. Or they don't like female LIs for whatever reason.

Like Doc. In the game, he's a manho, sure. But he cares. He's a doctor and such. But there are people who would happily kill him for no other reason than either they could or because they didn't like him. They didn't have to marry him, but these same people (the happily kill everyone) would kill him because they can.

This is my big annoyance. Not rpers who do these things to keep in the spirit of their toon, but the ones who will kill anything and everything because they got attitude. I don't care what anyone says, game or not, these are the kinds of people I DON'T want to be around or know exist or hear how they enjoyed it and wished they'd made a video or esc'd multiple times to keep watching it.

I know people don't like some companions, but they don't deserve death. Not Skadge, Quinn, Jorgan, Kaliyo or Koth. Trying to steal your flag ship because YOU killed HIS people? If anyone deserves death it's the evil characters killing for fun and not rp purposes.

These people I can't stand and hope to god they don't do anything where they're a business owner, manager or supervisor. I see the ones who kill game people with joy (not the rpers) as the ones Forensic Files showcase in an episode.

Edited by Eanelinea

I know people don't like some companions, but they don't deserve death. Not Skadge, Quinn, Jorgan, Kaliyo or Koth. Trying to steal your flag ship because YOU killed HIS people? If anyone deserves death it's the evil characters killing for fun and not rp purposes.

As I have said before, killing Skadge and Quinn now for something they did in vanilla is just petty.

Skadge should have been killable the moment we met him. I wanted him dead on my first playthrough before I realised that he wasn't just any old Houk brute, but the one the game was going to saddle me with. He was impeding my hunt and he was openly hostile towards me. I fully expected a fight to the death, but because he was a future companion, it didn't happen. Not even a chance to put him in his place without killing him. And then we were forced to take him with us because... the game said so? Skadge should never have made it off Belsavis.

Would I kill him upon his return in KotFE? Depends on the circumstances. If he's presented as someone that it makes sense to work with, then I'd probably accept him and then never use him. If his alliance alert means he's a liability or otherwise incompatible, I'd reject him. If he learns Alliance secrets and threatens to betray me, then it's a cell or a box for him, depending on the sensibilities of the character who is dealing with him.

As for Quinn. Well, there's no point killing him now for what happened in Vanilla. I already choked him to within an inch of his life and cheated on him with Pierce before I forgave him. If/when I take my Juggernaut into KotFE, I would welcome his return, but not continue the romance.

As I have said before, killing Skadge and Quinn now for something they did in vanilla is just petty.

Exactly. Vanilla, if we could kill him, that's one thing, but to our characters it's been five years. Every companion should begin, at first remeeting, with a clean slate.

Skadge should have been killable the moment we met him. I wanted him dead on my first playthrough before I realised that he wasn't just any old Houk brute, but the one the game was going to saddle me with. He was impeding my hunt and he was openly hostile towards me. I fully expected a fight to the death, but because he was a future companion, it didn't happen. Not even a chance to put him in his place without killing him. And then we were forced to take him with us because... the game said so? Skadge should never have made it off Belsavis.

I agree. Skadge should have been killable if people wanted WHEN we got to Belsavis. But, as I said, it's been, from Belsavis' timeline, about 7-8 years. IF Skadge has changed, for better, why kill him? If he changed for worse, sure, have at it if he deserves it. But playing the game in, let's say 12/31/2011, when it's been 11 days since the game first began for the masses and most probably got to about Belsavis by this time, and it's now 05/15/2016 and Skadge isn't like he was on Belsavis, but because someone is like 'eew Skadge' and he changed, then it's just being petty. People can spin it how they want, but it's petty.

Would I kill him upon his return in KotFE? Depends on the circumstances. If he's presented as someone that it makes sense to work with, then I'd probably accept him and then never use him. If his alliance alert means he's a liability or otherwise incompatible, I'd reject him. If he learns Alliance secrets and threatens to betray me, then it's a cell or a box for him, depending on the sensibilities of the character who is dealing with him.

This is fine. I've nothing against people who actually think and RP appropriately to kill or don't kill. If Skadge is willing to be a genuine help and not as much of a douche as he was on Belsavis, he deserves a chance. If he turns out to be a douche like when you met him and throws his weight around or even says he'd sell you out to the highest bidder, then he deserves what he gets. But someone to go 'oh Skadge was so sucky on Belsavis, I'm going to kill him first chance I get' and he's actually changed? Then you wonder if that person playing the game is playing in an RP wise, playing to get their companion alerts/story people and be done with it, or doing it for laughs.

As for Quinn. Well, there's no point killing him now for what happened in Vanilla. I already choked him to within an inch of his life and cheated on him with Pierce before I forgave him. If/when I take my Juggernaut into KotFE, I would welcome his return, but not continue the romance.

There you go. You don't have to keep being married to him. You don't have to welcome him back with tears and sniffles and open arms. But you already forgave him, and you just trust him enough to be married to him any more. And anyone who says 'well he could betray you to Arcann' seriously has NO idea about Quinn and his personality. If anyone was more staunch with how much he loves the Empire, it's him. I'd see Vector betray the Empire before Quinn. Betraying you to Baras? Yes it sucked, but that doesn't mean he'll always betray all the time for any little thing.

I, myself, can't wait for Quinn to come back, my warrior misses her husband.

Edited by Eanelinea

Excellent :) We're on the same page over this.

I doubt I'll ever get the option to kill Kaliyo or Jorgan at the end of chapter 13 because I can't see any of my characters refusing to let one try to rescue the other in 12. In-character we have no way of knowing that whoever goes in first doesn't actually need help.

And Koth... well, he knows too much. It makes sense for those he ran out on to track him down and either capture him or eliminate him so he can't spill their secrets. I'd still rather take him to post-apocalypse Ziost (and leave him there if he refuses to accept that his precious Valkorian is a monster) than arbitrarily kill him.

I guess time will tell what options we have.

A problem I have with SWtOR is that all companions are required and forced on you in the vanilla game. I mean I could see certain companions (like the starter companion) being required, but all of them? Especially the ones that don't make sense and have little to no plot involvement after you recruit them like Skadge? We should have been able to say "no you can't come" after we meet them and they ask to join. It was especially jarring for me with Skadge and Vik. Neither of those people fit with my team at all, they were rude and horrible and there is no reason to take them. It was especially weird with Vik because you need him for one mission to do some explosives stuff but if Fuse is still alive they won't let you use Fuse because he tried to defect and yet they point you at Vik who does all this traitorous stuff, gets republic soldiers killed so he can steal stuff, doesn't stop his crimes and extortion the whole time he's with you, doesn't respect the chain of command, was dishonorably discharged before, etc...if nothing else we should have been able to give him the boot after the one mission he's useful for. I also would have refused Xalek since he just brutally murders someone like it's nothing in front of my 100% LS inquisitor and then the inquisitor is forced to either kill the only other witness or mess with his mind and hide the murder (same kind of situation with Broonmark who is openly murderous). This is so OOC and the LS inquisitor already has Ashara as a LS apprentice.

In KotFE I'm completely fine with certain companions being brought back as alliance alerts because then I can just ignore them and not recruit them like I should have been able to in the base game. The ones you are forced to have like Kaliyo, Jorgan, etc...should have a "kick out of the alliance" option if they're going to let you kill them. Let LS characters get rid of the ones they don't like without having to be a psychopath too.

In KotFE I'm completely fine with certain companions being brought back as alliance alerts because then I can just ignore them and not recruit them like I should have been able to in the base game. The ones you are forced to have like Kaliyo, Jorgan, etc...should have a "kick out of the alliance" option if they're going to let you kill them. Let LS characters get rid of the ones they don't like without having to be a psychopath too.

You can kick them out, but you don't know what they would do. I know Jorgan wouldn't tell people about you cause he's not happy about Arcann either. But Kaliyo you know damn good and well what she'd do.

Thing is, a one time disrespecting a 'command' (and I quote it cause you were press ganged into being the commander basically) doesn't deserve death or being kicked out.

I see Kaliyo and/or Jorgan refusing your orders as they need a punishment, whether it be no leave, no sweets (if it's a rare thing), have to scrub the *******s, plane washes (MAN I HATED THOSE IN THE NAVY!!!!....I was a desk jockey not line crew :mad: ) etc.

Jorgan disobeyed because he thought he was doing right. Kaliyo did cause she's Kaliyo and she's a turd.

But still, neither deserves death. I mean, I wanted to belt Kaliyo for basically not giving a **** about the dead people Jorgan was mourning, but death or exile? I dont see it as right.

You can kick them out, but you don't know what they would do. I know Jorgan wouldn't tell people about you cause he's not happy about Arcann either. But Kaliyo you know damn good and well what she'd do.

Thing is, a one time disrespecting a 'command' (and I quote it cause you were press ganged into being the commander basically) doesn't deserve death or being kicked out.

I see Kaliyo and/or Jorgan refusing your orders as they need a punishment, whether it be no leave, no sweets (if it's a rare thing), have to scrub the *******s, plane washes (MAN I HATED THOSE IN THE NAVY!!!!....I was a desk jockey not line crew :mad: ) etc.

Jorgan disobeyed because he thought he was doing right. Kaliyo did cause she's Kaliyo and she's a turd.

But still, neither deserves death. I mean, I wanted to belt Kaliyo for basically not giving a **** about the dead people Jorgan was mourning, but death or exile? I dont see it as right.

This is where we disagree. Let me preface this by saying that Jorgan is one of my favorite companions on my trooper. However, my Inquisitor has no idea who Jorgan is and has never worked with him before until he met him in KOTFE. Now my Inquisitor is grey so he's not some murder hobo that kills everyone and he doesn't treat all failure with capital punishment. However, when dealing with the refugees, while being on board with it first when they blamed him for their problems he lost all interest dealing with them. Jorgan pushed my character into helping them anyway. In the spire he ignored my inquisitor's orders after being told to stay put.

This is a big problem. See my character knows Kaliyo is an Anarchist, he knows she prefers working alone, and he knew if he went in to help her things would go south (she hates the idea of being rescued.) Jorgan decided to deviate from his own mission and get involved against my character's orders. Not only that but he did this not knowing how we operate, how the team operates, and how the other members function. Going in things didn't get better. The entire mission botched putting himself, kaliyo, and his team in danger. This would be grounds of expulsion.

It.. gets worse. He proceeds to get his entire team KILLED. This is a problem. To my Inquisitor? He doesn't know Jorgan isn't someone who wouldn't give him up or turn him in. This is a man who is reckless, takes his own initiative, doesn't follow the chain of command, doesn't work well with the team, got his entire squad he claims he's close to killed, and places that blame on someone else. To my Inquisitor. Jorgan seemed dangerous and expelling him from the alliance was too risky.

OOC? I know Jorgan is a good man. He doesn't like seeing people in trouble and if someone is in danger he'd rush head on in to rescue them. He considers members of his team as close friends even if they're new. He went in because he thought he was doing what was right. Thing is my Inquisitor doesn't know any of this. I was sad to hit the execute button. I wasn't some maniacal kid laughing going "This is going to be funny." I actually said outloud with my fiancee watching "Jorgan jorgan why!? If only you messed up this badly after proving yourself and letting my character get to know you better!" It was sad, but it was in my character's personality.

Edited by Rhyltran

OOC? I know Jorgan is a good man. He doesn't like seeing people in trouble and if someone is in danger he'd rush head on in to rescue them. He considers members of his team as close friends even if they're new. He went in because he thought he was doing what was right. Thing is my Inquisitor doesn't know any of this. I was sad to hit the execute button. I wasn't some maniacal kid laughing going "This is going to be funny." I actually said outloud with my fiancee watching "Jorgan jorgan why!? If only you messed up this badly after proving yourself and letting my character get to know you better!" It was sad, but it was in my character's personality.

That's the thing though, while I wouldn't kill anyone cause I, the player, knows who and what they are, my characters won't kill them cause they're literally her family. The companions to my characters are brother-in-laws, uncles by marriage, aunts by marriage/defacto, fathers, baby sitters, etc.

To you, your Inquisitor didn't know him. So, while I don't agree with killing, for you it was an RP thing. Which, while I don't like them being kill in my own personal feelings, is fine cause you were RPing.

If you'd done it for laughs and bwaahahahahahahah! then I'd be more upset in general because I'd wonder what was wrong with you. But RP purposes? You killed him BECAUSE you were RPing. I let everyone live BECAUSE I'm rping my girls/guys KNOW all 40 companions having grown up with them/lived with them/married them/their sisters married them.

Example of family for my characters and why my people know all 40 companions:

Sith War's sisters are: Trooper, Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter and Agent. She knows the Trooper's, Inquisitor's, Bounty Hunter's and Agent's companions. Her brother-in-laws are Jorgan, Andronikos, Torian and Vector.

My Sith War knows the Smuggler's companions (granted this is when space magic gets involved and timelines altered, etc) because her daughter with Quinn, is a smuggler. So she knows Corso because he is her son-in-law.

My Sith War also knows, even if it's a 'oh hi, your <insert companion name> of my niece(s)?', the Jedi Knight's companions and the Jedi Consular's companions because they're the husbands/crew of her nieces who are my JK and JC.

Same goes with her sisters and their children. So my 8 girls, one of each class, knows every vanilla companion due to being part of the family. So basically, no matter what, I can never kill or exile my companions even if it's someone on a different character. Everyone knows everyone.

Edited by Eanelinea

I know Jorgan is a good man. He doesn't like seeing people in trouble and if someone is in danger he'd rush head on in to rescue them. He considers members of his team as close friends even if they're new. He went in because he thought he was doing what was right. Thing is my Inquisitor doesn't know any of this. I was sad to hit the execute button. I wasn't some maniacal kid laughing going "This is going to be funny." I actually said out loud with my fiancee watching "Jorgan jorgan why!? If only you messed up this badly after proving yourself and letting my character get to know you better!" It was sad, but it was in my character's personality.

See, THIS I'm okay with. When players do it because it does actually make sense for their characters to take that kind of action, I'm fine with it. I hate the idea of Aric dying period because I think he's great, but, like you said, our characters don't know Aric. If your character is a hardas*, then sure, killing him sounds like it would be a good idea. It's the people who kill them because it's fun to kill them that I have issues with.

And no, I still don't accept the excuses of those who romanced Aric or Kaliyo and then killed them. That's still messed up all sorts of ways to me.

Sometimes, I have my characters do dark things if it makes sense for their personalities and values. It can be fun to play a character that is very different from yourself, all the while trying to put yourself in this character's shoes, trying to understand how they might interpret the world differently than you do. What kind of disturbs me a little though are the players I see sometimes who take great pleasure in going on and on about how they hate a character and all the awful, twisted (in great detail) things they want to do to them. I don't hate any character in game IRL, you know? They all serve a purpose in the story somehow. But I get the impression that there are a few players out there who seem to revel in their hatred to the point of creepiness. :confused:

I didn't mean that kill vs exile should be the only options, I just meant that if you want to get rid of a companion kill shouldn't be the ONLY option. You should be able to refuse to let them join or kick them out if you don't want them. I for one wouldn't let quite a few of the original companions back on the team.

And no, I still don't accept the excuses of those who romanced Aric or Kaliyo and then killed them. That's still messed up all sorts of ways to me.

I always believed my agent would be up to it. I mean, he dumped Kaliyo waaay before but if he stuck with her in a toxic relationship, knowing he can not trust her...that would be the final straw.

I RP him as a really cold and merciless man and being in a relationship=/=love so I can totally see him killing Kaliyo right there and then. As he did with Aric and he didn't even know the man :)

Except you are assuming people are roleplaying like you and that is wrong. Some people do not connect all their characters together. My dark side characters are essentially the enemies of my light side. They are not family.

My assassin has no idea who Aric is until she meets him and then he demands (in her way of thinking) they go and save everyone. My assassin said no but it is still done because of the way the game did it. Then he was told to stay put and he disobeyed an order. She gave him an option to explain why and to her he copped an attitude so for that he was executed. She didn't know him and when an attitude is done like that to her he is back talking her and ignoring her orders and as she is in charge of the alliance her way of thinking is if she allowed him to do what he did then she would have more trouble later with others doing the same thing so she made sure the message was received.

As far as my agent and Kaliyo my agent knew Kaliyo way before now and this was Kaliyo's last chance with my agent. She knew what Kailiyo was like and Kailyo knew better to disobey an order from her but Kailyo did it anyways. As far as exiling her? Why? My agent knew better as Kailyo is untrustworthy and exiling her would be putting the alliance in danger. The only option she had after Kailyo's disobeying the order and Kailyo's attitude was execution.

My characters don't go around killing just because. There is always rp reason for what I do as I dont' use personal knowledge in my roleplay.

Sort of like my roleplays with my friends.

I have personal knowledge that the republic players are on Alderaan in castle but if I used that personal knowledge on my sith that would be wrong as my sith has no idea where they are at, hence is why we have scouts out trying to find them.

Edited by casirabit

Has anyone played it out that on their Trooper who romanced Aric Jorgan, they sent Kaliyo out? Im wondering how it plays out when Theron says that Aric disobeyed a direct order and instead of choosing to punish or kill him you forgive him. Haven't found any links. I've seen the ''No punishment is necessary'' option, but no video where someone chooses it, let alone when it's the romanced trooper.

I can never choose such horrible options, it makes my blood run cold. I mean it's one thing if the person was your enemy but killing someone who loved you because they made a mistake? BioWare's characters are too sympathetic and real for me to ever be able to do something like that (unlike Fable or Skyrim or similar).

My Operative is romancing Kaliyo just so i can cheat on her with Cytharat, dump her for Theron and then gleefully kill her.

I REALLY hate Kaliyo..even more than Pierce lol

I found the clips on youtube. Jorgan is shocked his wife would kill him. Kaliyo doesn't have much of a reaction to her husband turning on her.

You can also just banish one. I wouldn't take the risk of banishing Kaliyo.

A light side agent can turn double agent, for real though, so siding with Jorgan makes sense for the agent who switched sides. I just wish the game would do more to acknowledge this than just a short clip in Shadow of Revan. Makes no sense to me that Theron seems to have no idea you worked for the agency he once ran.

Edited by RameiArashi