Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

3.0 information today?? PLEASE!!!!!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
3.0 information today?? PLEASE!!!!!!!!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

davidp_newton
09.30.2014 , 03:56 PM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
You see what you want to see and nothing else.
Pot, I have a very good friend I want you to meet called Kettle.

iowaboynca
09.30.2014 , 04:15 PM | #502
In 25 years, I look forward to telling my grandchildren about the great SWTOR announcement teeth gnashing of 2014...they will be in awe!

Heat-Wave
09.30.2014 , 05:29 PM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
He didn't state that they don't know the features. More or less, he stated that they need to be sure the planned features will make it into the expansion. Those are two very different things. If you're in software development, you know this. A project is launched with a nice list of features that will be included. As development goes, some things become iffy. When a problem comes up, people speculate as to what it will take to fix it, or if it can be fixed. So, maybe a planned feature falls off. Maybe they save it by whatever deadline and life is good for everyone.
That is all true, but at some point, you have picked your features and locked them in place. Adding or removing anything can break stuff.

You have to commit, then you have to test... and a complex program like this requires a lot more than a week's testing...

My point is that if they have not yet locked the feature list down, then they are late, way late, to launch this in 2014.

Deewe
09.30.2014 , 06:25 PM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Perhaps you are taking things at face value that have a deeper meaning. Clearly the people upset aren't that angry about a delay in some announcement. They are most likely either:

- Upset at previous delays and are expressing their displeasure more adamantly the more times they arise and about more insignificant happenings

- Upset about something completely unrelated to delays and were hoping to find solace in some upcoming feature

- Assuming based on this delay that there is a strong possibility of the actual content being delayed.

- Upset about the short notice of the delay reminiscent of ranked warzones getting pulled from 1.2 rather than BW honestly coming out and saying something to the effect of "we are still pushing to have X out at this time, but there is an issue that has come up that might delay X."

- All of the above
Some of us aren't angry even less disappointed as used to it.

Only thing though saying the delay is due to subscribers perks was mostly: "Really?"
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Darth_Wicked
09.30.2014 , 06:33 PM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Some of us aren't angry even less disappointed as used to it.

Only thing though saying the delay is due to subscribers perks was mostly: "Really?"
I honestly believe it was a linguistic misunderstanding.

They actually meant to say that something that belonged to a CM pack somehow, accidentally, became a perk for subscribers and they are now fixing it.

However, their communication -- by itself -- is a "linguistic misunderstanding" by definition and as such, it is supposed to be misunderstood.

I hope I was able to clear that for you. Wouldn't want to exasperate anything, as far as additional misunderstandings are concerned.

ivanhedgehog
09.30.2014 , 10:10 PM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by Heat-Wave View Post
That is all true, but at some point, you have picked your features and locked them in place. Adding or removing anything can break stuff.

You have to commit, then you have to test... and a complex program like this requires a lot more than a week's testing...

My point is that if they have not yet locked the feature list down, then they are late, way late, to launch this in 2014.
they use the subscriber forced beta...thats where they tell you the pre release is a perk but they are using you to beta for them

ThorgrimLutgen
09.30.2014 , 10:38 PM | #507
Why announce it now, when they know it's going to be crap? People don't bother resubbing etc.

They know full well some of you guys will be ready to resub or lapse and by making this subscriber teaser public now, they hope people pay for at least one more month.

Subs will get a reskin of a garbage mount that none of us will ever use as usual, or an extra pack of fireworks.

It's always the same. Welcome to the PVP'rs world where you get nothing but disappointment.

If the game closed down now, who would actually lose any sleep? I certainly would not, if anything it would be a relief, rather than the constant clinging onto the "it's Star Wars, it's got to be good at some point" hope.

Darth-Malice
09.30.2014 , 10:58 PM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
Stay back, I’m holding a thermal detonator! To answer your question about the expansion announcement:

Soon™! We are holding the announcement back a bit to add something really nice for subscribers, and we’ll be revealing all shortly - a couple of weeks at the latest. The delay of announcement has no effect on the expansion schedule, and we are still sticking to our commitment of launching it this year.
Not good enough!
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

Transcendent
10.01.2014 , 12:05 AM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Hey, all you people who constantly ask why BW doesn't give out information more often and wonder why the developers keep things quiet until it's all set in stone....

This thread and the freak-outs contained therein is exactly why they don't give out info before it's set in stone.

I mean, people are having full blown meltdowns because of a delay in an announcement of an expansion that we all know is going to happen before the end of the year.

Think about that for a second.
I think you nailed it again

MaximusRex
10.01.2014 , 02:37 AM | #510
I love these threads where all the people complaining about the delay (I'm not thrilled about the announcement delay either, but meh) tend to be the same people who complain they don't communicate enough. If only they communicated a little less about timelines then they wouldn't have to worry about upsetting you so.

Eventually they will just stop giving us timelines and we will find out about crap on patch day. Some Tuesday will have a massive patch an it will be "Surprise, there is an expansion!".