Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

Andryah
12.12.2016 , 01:29 PM | #5911
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I still would not stand against a class change if it was allowed in some fashion. However, I have to admit I am VERY happy they set the AC choice for level 1.

For me personally this makes the choice much more meaningful, which is what I really wanted truth be told.
Especially seeing as you can level from 1 to 10 in about 15 minutes these days..... maybe closer to 30 for a brand new player with no basic understanding of game play and mechanics. If you choose the wrong class AC at level one you will likely know it before you head off to fleet, and simply roll it's alternate AC and move on.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Clarian
12.12.2016 , 01:30 PM | #5912
For me personally this makes the choice much more meaningful,
I think it makes it much less meaningful. When you start with it, it's not something you achieve; also, there's no upgrade to how your character plays or feeling of rising in power, again because you have it right off.

I still remember how awesome it felt for my trooper finally got an assault cannon...that experience is no longer there if you just have it right away.

Then again, that was back at launch when getting to level 10 took longer than five minutes, so these days it might not make much difference...

Aeristash
12.12.2016 , 02:24 PM | #5913
We've been able to change species for years at the appearance station. I believe it cost 600cc. Why people have been asking for something that's already been in game all this time is beyond me.

Neshira
12.12.2016 , 02:30 PM | #5914
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeristash View Post
We've been able to change species for years at the appearance station. I believe it cost 600cc. Why people have been asking for something that's already been in game all this time is beyond me.
The OP of this thread is from 2013. Someone did a severe Necro, that's why the earlier posts are talking about it as if it's not there. It wasn't then.
My Referral Link <Click for a 7 day free subscription and some awesome goodies including a free character server transfer worth 10 bucks and tons of unlocks to make playing preferred more bearable.

HelinCarnate
12.12.2016 , 02:42 PM | #5915
Actually thank you for this necro. Since the game started, I have totally been against being able to change your Advanced Class. With 5.0 I have changed my mind. The new system is extreeeeemly alt unfriendly. I would much rather grind say my commando to 300 and after I get gear for them, gear them out again as a vanguard instead of starting a vanguard at lvl 1 and also doing that grind to 300 again. I still agree with all the other arguments against it and otherwise think being able to change your AC is a terrible idea. However, because of the grind imposed on us with 5.0, I am willing to overlook all that and actually want to be able to change AC now at will.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

AshlaBoga
12.12.2016 , 02:49 PM | #5916
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
I think it makes it much less meaningful. When you start with it, it's not something you achieve; also, there's no upgrade to how your character plays or feeling of rising in power, again because you have it right off.

I still remember how awesome it felt for my trooper finally got an assault cannon...that experience is no longer there if you just have it right away.

Then again, that was back at launch when getting to level 10 took longer than five minutes, so these days it might not make much difference...
Too many players ran by the trainers and complained the game was too hard as a result.

Blame the people who don't follow instructions for everyone having to pick an AC.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Jeweledleah
12.12.2016 , 02:54 PM | #5917
I still would not stand against a class change if it was allowed in some fashion. However, I have to admit I am VERY happy they set the AC choice for level 1.

For me personally this makes the choice much more meaningful, which is what I really wanted truth be told.
its the exact opposite for me. but to each their own. in any case - this thread can be safely locked. becasue given that their response was to make selecting advanced class mandatory on character creation? chances of them allowing AC change are, I would say, officially zero.

HelinCarnate
12.12.2016 , 03:18 PM | #5918
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
its the exact opposite for me. but to each their own. in any case - this thread can be safely locked. becasue given that their response was to make selecting advanced class mandatory on character creation? chances of them allowing AC change are, I would say, officially zero.
Maybe we should start a new thread. Make it about how we heard a rumor that there would be an AC change and we as the players stand united in an effort to block something like that from ever happening. Then odds are BW would put it in since its something no one actually wants.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

lovingsith
12.31.2016 , 04:55 PM | #5919
I would very much like to change my main Mara to Jug.... So much work on that character, but so lame AC

Even if I have to pay for it!

ekwalizer
01.03.2017 , 08:07 AM | #5920
Pretty sure if they did this now, it would be a token you buy in the CM. You activate the token and it RNG assigns you an Advanced Class. Think about how exciting that would be! You might even end up with the same Advanced Class you were trying to change out of! Exciting!
Let this sink in, this game is Free to Play, boasts one of the most popular IPs on the planet and yet 76.47% of the servers are empty.