Cathar classes

Not to mention that the first Cathar most people really met was Juhani, a wayward Jedi.

The bigger question is whether the Cathar are going to be Republic-only. As I see it now, the only class on the Empire side that could possibly work would be Inquisitor (the Cathar had a pretty strong hatred of the Mandalorians ... something which I find increasingly respectable), and even then, they would be pretty strongly anti-Empire, as the Sith are allied with the Mandalorians.

meh maybe they will just add Cathar as a legacy race and make everyone pay for it so it can be used with any class

I think this is the most likely solution that we will see happen.

And while the Cathar are heavily a Republic, like all things, there are exceptions

Like the Cathar Prince you save on Belsavis who was betrayed by the Republic and Imprisoned there.

I think this is the most likely solution that we will see happen.

And while the Cathar are heavily a Republic, like all things, there are exceptions

Like the Cathar Prince you save on Belsavis who was betrayed by the Republic and Imprisoned there.

with the legacy system as is I don't see a problem with Imperial Cathar... I mean can already play a Sith pureblood Jedi if I want so... lol

Remember that when you first met Juhani, she was going Darkside. Quest to turn her one way or the other.

I remember. However, there's a difference between being Darkside and joining the Sith. If we care about lore and consistency, then the former would be pretty common for a Cathar, but the latter would be exceedingly rare... at least, as long as the Sith were allied with the Mandalorians. Perhaps BW could cook up reasons for individual Cathar to jump sides (see also: Elara, Scourge, Ashara) but as a common occurrence?

I guess this is what makes the MMO vets hate me. I actually care about the 'RPG' part of MMORPG.

I remember. However, there's a difference between being Darkside and joining the Sith. If we care about lore and consistency, then the former would be pretty common for a Cathar, but the latter would be exceedingly rare... at least, as long as the Sith were allied with the Mandalorians. Perhaps BW could cook up reasons for individual Cathar to jump sides (see also: Elara, Scourge, Ashara) but as a common occurrence?

I don't know, guess we shall see.

Edited by matthewdbear
typos

We have definetly seen a Cathar with a lightsaber in one of the trailers.

Well Cathar can most differently be jedi since juhani who was a combanion back in Knights of the Old Republic was a cather, and so were some other characters in the "Tale of the Jedi" comic book series.

Playing an imperial cathar however would be kind of lore breaking for Agen and Warrior, but I could see it working for Bounty Hunter and Inquisitor. - Inquisitor since they start as a slave. -

However, I wouldn't mind having to unlock the cathar race, unlocks are generally fun in my opinion. However, I don't think it will be an unlock.

I could see Cathar being a Republic restricted race, sans unlocking it, but I'd like to see something good for the Empire. I'd love to see Rodian for Sith, but I know that isn't going to happen. I think, if I have my lore right, the Republic abandoned Rodia to the Empire during the initial Sith onslaught, and this didn't go over well with the Rodians. As far as another humanoid looking species, well at least as humanoid as Cathar, I'm at a loss. I know it is supposed to meet the "kiss Princess Leia" standard, per Daniel Erickson.

Who cares cathar arnt wookies. Bioware needsto start using tere imagination and do something innovative.

If they were to make wookies a playable race they would have to make it talk english, which lorewish can't happen.... So that means wookies will never be a playerable race, stop dreaming about stuff you'll never get xD.

Btw Rikalonius if one was to have Cathar be republic only, one could have the Voss join the empire and make them our new playable race. Still I think alot of the empire players would be very unhappy.

Edited by Inzuher

Who cares cathar arnt wookies. Bioware needsto start using tere imagination and do something innovative.

I think they need to stop using there imagination and start using things already established.

No more new species like gormaks when we already have so many options already.

No new planets like Voss or Makeb when we have dantooine and yavin.

New stuff is COOL, but throw a bone to the fans a bit more.

If they were to make wookies a playable race they would have to make it talk english, which lorewish can't happen.... So that means wookies will never be a playerable race, stop dreaming about stuff you'll never get xD.

Btw Rikalonius if one was to have Cathar be republic only, one could have the Voss join the empire and make them our new playable race. Still I think alot of the empire players would be very unhappy.

No they dont have to make them talk basic. I would love to play a story where my wookie speaks wookie speak (shy something or other). Would be hilarious if some people couldnt understand him and had to try to work out what he meant. You would see lines like

"im pretty sure you made him angry sir... Now might be a good time to run".

Would be awesome

No they dont have to make them talk basic. I would love to play a story where my wookie speaks wookie speak (shy something or other). Would be hilarious if some people couldnt understand him and had to try to work out what he meant. You would see lines like

"im pretty sure you made him angry sir... Now might be a good time to run".

Would be awesome

An idea i have seen thrown around before...

Wookies as a class with there own storyline in an expansion pack with their mirror class being Trandoshian.