Is PvP gear system different in 1.2?

CHStriker

Hi guys,

I'm a new player, playing for about 2 weeks now, and I'm struggling to understand the PvP gear system. Most of the tutorials, videos, etc I find are before the 1.2 update. So I would like to know if everything remains the same and, if not, what has changed.

I know ranked PvP didnt start yet, so should I save my warzone commendations for later? Assuming there will be new/different gear.

At 50 spend your Warzone Commendations on Battlemaster(i think) pvp gear and once you have a total set of pvp gear for the expertise you can move onward and upward as you will. Until a good full set of battlemaster is obtained you may well find it tough going but win lose or draw you'll get a decent set in the end so try not to worry too much and just enjoy.

Pre level 50, i would not have a clue im afraid...i like to get to 50 and then the game really starts.

Vlad

storyline pre 50 is that amazing i mean, i would't really worry.

1.2 provided a massive overhaul to the pvp gear system.

If you watch older videos just ignore everything in them. There is no longer any Centurion or Champion gear, and no more multiple currencies.

Right now there are only Warzone commendations that you receive from doing Warzones (more for winning, you need to get at least one medal in a warzone to get any commendations from it). You can use these to buy Battlemaster gear. Prior to that, you can buy a pvp set at 50 called Recruit gear, which you purchase for credits. The stats are only ok, but it has a great deal of expertise and can help keep you alive compared to pve or leveling gear. You purchase BM gear directly with WZ comms, no need to transfer them to anything else.

Once you have full BM gear, then you can start working on War Hero gear. You buy these with Rated Warzone Commendations, which right now you need to purchase using regular WZ comms and the whole thing is a bit of a mess. You also have to trade a piece of BM gear to get its WH equivalent, so that's why you should go for a full BM set first. There are no longer Valor requirements on any pvp gear, so if you see old vids or guides mentioning that, you can ignore it.